Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Themes
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

Threads: 12
Special Themes
I was thinking that it would be really cool to be able to have different themed RO. Like instead of having the background music and normal theme just old RO, we could change it to another game, like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts. I think that it would be a great idea, because people like me have been playing RO for a very long time, and I'm kinda sick of the same old background music. I hope I explained myself well enough, if not I'll make a sample and show you what I mean.
Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
[Image: 91artu.png]
[Image: ReiSig.jpg]
05-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Find Reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Threads: 158
RE: Special Themes
O.o; except for a very few dungeons like Geffen4 and Nif, Namine already turns off RO BGM and puts on her own music in the background... Certainly understand what Ms. Rei means by that, but then again is everyone so accepted of RPG bgms Icon_biggrin; if this starts, then everyone else starts suggesting all these different themes that it maybe more than what the GM can handle =o

Think most people already put on music of their own choice already, as RO BGM really is not that exciting except for a selective few... but who knows maybe the GMs are already thinking about something similar?

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~

05-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Find Reply
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

Threads: 9
you can actually change the bgm yourself but from what I'm seeing of my hero folder it might require unpacking the grf to get all the bgms Icon_lol
[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
05-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
You can change your skin or background yourself without unpacking anything, if people want to make nice themes I got no problem with that ^_^ (I however wont be making any, lots of stuff on my plate already)
05-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Find Reply
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

Threads: 12
lol I know you can do it yourself, but not everyone does, so doing it for them I think would make our server more appealing than it already is, and they don't really have to do anything. And I can just make them, it's not really hard, just time consuming
Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
[Image: 91artu.png]
[Image: ReiSig.jpg]
05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Find Reply
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

I meant the background music o.o, at work I only had 3 songs so I couldn't remember if it was packed in the .grf too :3
05-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Find Reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

Threads: 32
no, there should be a folder for bgm, all you have to do is change the song title of the actual bgm (eg, 03.mp3) which as for example this could be the prontera bgm. all you have to do then is move this to another folder and put the song you want (eg. my-song.mp3) and change the title to "03.mp3" so it matches the number you just removed.

then the next time you move to prontera it plays your song instead of the prontera bgm.

if i am correct the path goes somwhat like ~~~\Gravity\RagnarokOnline\BGM

just fiddle with the songs in there and there you have it, a totaly new bgm.
When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.

05-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Find Reply
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

yea I knew how to change it but my work ro folder only has the newest songs 100+ that's what I meant xP
05-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Find Reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Threads: 52
so does anyone have a different place to get skins other than roempire? their organization is pretty bad...
~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
05-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Threads: 158
not to mention, roempire is always down because of the busy traffic... would be nice to use a skin for Namine than the original boring white skin x.x

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~

05-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Find Reply