Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
poring soccer?
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: poring soccer?

There's more interesting ways than that in terms of modifying... team captains (hey real soccer got a 'captain' too even though everyone is equally valuable in a team) can always be given the wind walk scroll (oh kafra shop how I hate you for having everything) as the final boost to try to defend the final minutes or give the push for the goal and so on. In terms of modifying, there's lots of ways.

The important thing is to hope that it works first...? There's already a lot of things going on and I don't think Poring Soccer is the next immediate thing on our list (correct me if I'm wrong, tech GMs)

05-07-2008 11:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nayelianne Offline
Nyrie

I tried to keep the personal modifications as simple as possible so it would take less work, as the poring soccer is probably complicated enough to script already. XD And wind walker is a good idea!

I totally understand how busy you guys must be, so I'm not expecting Poring Soccer anytime soon.

Just thought it would be nice if we could have it one day. (Perhaps "somewhere on page 3483 section Z in your list of things to do"? Icon_razz)
05-08-2008 12:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I like the frost diver scroll idea ^_^

Wind Walk for captain could be cool also.

Ayu is correct, this is not a priority, but still.. it's something that could be fun Icon_smile

The poring soccer comes with custom maps and pretty much scripted already, so it's not too much work, the only thing we've got to add is the novice restriction.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-08-2008 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

why novices? T_T

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
05-08-2008 09:46 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

First they smash us, then they play soccer using us as the ball

CAN'T YOU PEOPLE LEAVE US PORINGS ALONE?! T_T

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
05-08-2008 09:58 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??poring soccer?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:why novices? T_T

Try playing with a pure swordie team all using magnum break at once, and by then it's not fun but more frustrating >_<; somehow basic physics disappear from poring soccer when the soccer ball is hit from multiple sides by mass aoe attacks.

Novices limit it to single target attacks =x

05-08-2008 10:53 AM
Nayelianne Offline
Nyrie

GM-Pandora Wrote:The poring soccer comes with custom maps and pretty much scripted already, so it's not too much work, the only thing we've got to add is the novice restriction.

Hmm, forgive my absolute ignorance on the matter but... Icon_suprised Couldn't we be told "Create a novice with yourname9321", and those who did so be invited to the event guild and warped to the map? Icon_neutral
If other classes are allowed, I don't see why novices would need extra scripting.

[Image: thxkv9.gif]Anyhow, I'm happy you guys are sincerely paying attention to the suggestion. Specially with all the workload you must already have. xD
05-08-2008 04:53 PM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

attacks don't move the ball... you actually have to run into it Sweat

as far as the "novice restriction" - what she meant was she wants to just put in a check that if it sees other classes then it won't allow them to go in... Although there's multiple ways to "cheat" around having to manually force a check in the script.

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
05-08-2008 05:01 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

If we play it with trans, players will just attack each other and not the ball. At least that's what happens if we try to play "protect the plant" with trans. I think it would be too chaotic with trans pvp, while novice pvp is funny XD

True Nayelianne, guess we could do that also Icon_biggrin

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-08-2008 05:03 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

GM-Pandora Wrote:If we play it with trans, players will just attack each other and not the ball. At least that's what happens if we try to play "protect the plant" with trans. I think it would be too chaotic with trans pvp, while novice pvp is funny XD

How about an auto-rez every 5 seconds? It would only give a small bonus to a team that manage to "pull back" some of the oponents for a small amount of time.

Also, I suggested that it could be a good compromise to allow first class characters (swordsman, acolyte, etc, & no extended classes) with a limit to the maximum level, something like 70/50. Would give an opportunity to slow down the oponent without having to deal with overpowerfull skills.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
05-08-2008 07:02 PM