Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

Threads: 148
RE: Discuss
im giving you guys an open mind because i love this patch and almost everything about it =)

gravity is moving forward in a nice and very logical direction and it will ultimately be a close-minded player base that will cause this to fail if it does. im glad doddler is doing all he can to show this to the iRO population.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2008, 12:51 PM by teOx.)
08-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
player base that know what they want =/= close-minded player base
IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
08-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Find Reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

no most of the complaints are echos of people not liking the new ideas saying if wanted to play something else i would or its not the same game anymore. or people complaining that their class will be so nerfed (btw sinx is probably the most nerfed as of recent tests) that they will quit without giving it a chance.

thats not open minded. we need more people who can be enthusiastic about gravity's change despite their own classes or preferences *appearing* to be nerfed at this early testing stage.

gravity is such an old game you really expect there not to be people who are not willing to change? "players that know what they want" is a joke, i call that close-mindedness. gravity created this game that is "what they want". without gravity they would have NO idea. that said, its very conceivable that anything new could also turn out to be "what they want"

triple edited*
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2008, 01:17 PM by teOx.)
08-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
Being enthusiastic or pessimist has nothing to do with being open-minded or close-minded.

Open-minded or close-minded is about taking the time to see the whole picture.

Being pessimist or enthusiastic is about liking or the the picture.

Your enthusiastic, but thats your choice. Nobody have to tell other people what they want. p:
IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2008, 01:31 PM by Général_Argos.)
08-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??Discuss
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Being enthusiastic or pessimist has nothing to do with being open-minded or close-minded.??

it has alot to do with it. they directly affect each other.

krim Wrote:Open-minded or close-minded is about taking the time to see the whole picture.

Being pessimist or enthusiastic is about liking or the the picture.??
i agree Icon_razz, and i still say they directly affect each other. if you dont take the time to see the whole picture you will end up pessimistic as is indicated by the vast responses on pretty much every forum you can find that talks about this. people will stop when they see 1 thing that they dont like and say i guess its time to quit. almost of the people who say they will quit because it is turning like wow or aspd is dropped did not stay to see the changes but luckily alot of people are changing their minds after being discussion occurs. this is because people talking about it is opening their minds and people will end up thinking hmm i guess its not so bad.

youre right that everyone has their own opinion but often times the opinion is drawn without considering everything, or being stuck on 1 issue.

im not telling anyone what to think. look at my posts in this thread they only explain the good side of some of these complaints and why it wont be so bad.

*sorry krim triple edited again
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2008, 02:00 PM by teOx.)
08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Find Reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
teOx Wrote:bird? bush? where!?

i think transcending twice would be kinda lame Icon_sad. imagine a new player joining the game and being told he needs to make 3 trips to 99 each getting harder. ouch! this method is more cool its like you can become a new class and hit 150 just by getting to 99 once or twice if you choose. admittedly its kind of weird and seems messy but i would definitely not wanna go to 99 3 times Cry

pushing 150 makes it seem like there are new limits and i think i mentioned earlier if you see this from gravity's perspective, doing a *good* job of rebalancing the game for new and older players alike is probably the smartest thing they can do at this point. Don't think they can rely on bloodymare or RO2. Icon_sad so i guess im saying they are not "forced" to revamp the game. see it as them taking this opportunity to renew it to save their butts. and yes killing off private servers like krim said would definitely help.

1. well yeah i guess it should go 1-99, trans, then go 1-150...

thing is, with the current Job-exp system, ppl get to 99 trans way before they reach job 70 2-2...

so i think the job-exp system needs a revamp and prerequisites for job 3 need to be clear as to avoid any mis-allocation of skill points...

2. well they could try, but i doubt PSs will die out...
but then there will be a rift between PSs because some will opt for the new version while others stick to the older version...

-w-

08-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Find Reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

thats because they didnt alter the job scale yet i believeIcon_biggrin just shows how much easier theyre planning to make levelling when you compare them and realize you hit 99 trans at job 50 @_@. but we should only consider the direction theyre headed since 100% of the info we have is speculative Icon_razz
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2008, 12:11 PM by teOx.)
08-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Find Reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
well yeah, but maybe it can become the same conundrum like from job 1 to job 2 where the players have to choose on whether they still wanna get j50 as opposed to changing at j40.... so now players have to choose whether to change at j6x job 2-2 or grind tediously to j70 before changing... lol

(note: getting from j40 to j50 in job 1 is tedious, thus oft times knites or sins get to 99 faster than other classes because they could easily change at j40...)

hahahah gravity can be so mean....

-w-
08-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Find Reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Threads: 71
Um flame me if im wrong, but isnt it.

Novice - 1st class - 2nd class - 3rd class

Novice - 1st class - 2nd class - {Trans} high novice - high 1st class - Reborn 2nd class - 3rd class

Why are people complaining that its unfair people who Trans get 3rd classes, honestly getting to 99 trans is so hard its not funny. Sure if your on a highrate thats 500/500/100 poor you for not taking the 15min not to trans, but for everyone else the time it takes to get to 99 again should easily make up for the power boost.

Also remember that we will get alot more stats now. So I think its just going to separate the difference between fast classes and slow classes giving them more definition.

Side Note, getting 50job isn't that hard seriously took my swordy 2-3 more hours tops to get from 42-50 tho I had a little help.

Simply put those that don't want to put in the effort don't deserve the extras so I wish they would stop whining so much, seriously if I here one more " NOOOES TRANS IS TOO HAX NOW!!" i'm gonna snap.
[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
08-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Find Reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
They are lowering the experience requirement to get to trans, which is a MUCH needed change if they are making third classes and/or want to attract new players. It just takes too darn long to level up for the more casual players to ever get anywhere, and it gets really darn boring on top of that.
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

08-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Find Reply