Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tournament discussion/questions
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: Tournament discussion/questions

make top 5 have a separate mini-tourney to get more accurate results who is the best hero Icon_razz

"Who will claim the ultimate title to be the best of all Heroes?"

shouldnt be up to luck of the draw
10-17-2008 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

In order to *always* eliminate the need for any extra round at all, and since my mathematical formula generating ability is limiting, we will scale down to 4 fights only tomorrow. As long as it's always even number of fights, then I can generate random ladders within 30 seconds or less without the need to pre-make the ladder, but only if it's even number of fights.

I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Less fun to be have because it's 4 instead of 5 fights, but now everyone will face different opponents (exact class of that opponent is still purposely randomized though, let microsoft excel handle that). New formula here has little to no excuse of free-points unless the person got kicked out/left in the middle of the tournament.

At least, in theory that's how it should work.

10-18-2008 01:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

random huh, then why does it always end with this.

Fates vs Bloody
Fates vs Tripp
Fates vs Averan
Fates vs Chuck Norris

O.o

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
10-18-2008 06:30 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Feedbacks

2nd tourney was far less confusing, even though I messed up in the end... but that wasn't the fault of the formula! I just started off with the wrong number so that was purely human error ><; but i think 2nd tourney is a lot more smooth ^_^;

Suggestion: Instead of winning by absolute points in the end, can we do single elimination with the top 4 scores to decide the top 3 instead?
-I think it's worth considering... what about the rest of you?

Suggestion: Can you not randomly select? People win by luck.
-if I choose manually, then there's talks of biased selection. Can't have it all... I'm going to keep it random as it's faster for me this way too.

Suggestion: Prebuff period seems a little random in length...
-sorry but ToH Prebuff is done by NPC, while this prebuff is me in manual mode =( I don't have a decent solution yet to this problem... stop watch i guess? but still a bit of delay in it.

Any other feedback?

10-18-2008 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snejk Offline

Just a question, why there wasn't timezone specified with the hour of the tournament? It was confusing for people who don't know what timezone the server lies in >_< I myself missed it cause of that.
10-18-2008 05:33 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

that should have been common sense. all times are server time. did you just assume its your time?
10-18-2008 06:01 PM
Ahura Offline

no i think he didnt know what the server time was >.> i have a suggestion for next time >.> how about giving me 5 winz by default >.> cos i am ze smex

[Image: 346lv1g.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2008 06:25 PM by Ahura.)
10-18-2008 06:25 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

copy paste for tournament discussion thread:

teOx Wrote:
Lenny Wrote:sorry, Krim, If i Had known you werent ready, I would have waited till you were, I just started attacking since the pvp timer was on!!!

- Having to fight Dyebeatus 2 times over 5 fight even if there was over 20 competitors... that wasnt fun at all .

-yes krim did say he was not ready and was prebuffing. before you started hitting, and WHILE you were hitting as well. he was ignored similar to how nubb was. its very possible krim could easily have gotten first place. krim was buffing for the first 3 seconds that his opponent was hitting him WHILE typing HEY IM NOT READY. the opponent won by 3 mammos. so yes, that would/could have been krim's match.

-i was not on nubb at the time but i came back to alot of complaints saying i was screwed by GM. nubb asked for forfeit, you asked krim for a tie, krim said no, you started the clock without warning. nubb died and lost his bonus. then ignored his many pms. that was kind of messed up. not once did you simply state forfeit was not allowed to clarify things for everyone. you ignored all mention of it.

-advice for both of those cases: in general, please ask for players if they are ready before starting prebuff period similar to toh. not once was a player asked if they were ready that i saw.

-dyeabeetus didnt get a placing. why? he got the same match TWICE. the same TIE MATCH twice. his score in the end? 3 wins, 2 ties. bullcrap? his score could have easily been 4-0-1, then with an "extra" like the other winners got, he could have gotten second or first place with same score as bloody 5-0-1.

-no winners circle. effectively the pvp tournament to determine the best heros became REALLY just a random "fight-4/5-names-picked-out-of-a-jar-and-hope-you-get-lucky" tournament.

my whines.

nonetheless it was very fun. thanks for hosting ayu Icon_razz
10-18-2008 06:26 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Last pvp toh I made I remember pandora asking every time if people were ready. I think it's a must.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
10-18-2008 06:36 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

I really don't like the system of 5 fights / gain points at all. 1 player could get 5 easy noobs and another decent player ends up against a few difficult opponents. Who wins the tournament? The player that had it easy. Keep in mind that we are fighting for the title of the BEST PVPER ON HERO. Not the LUCKIEST PLAYER ON HERO >_>

I propose the set up would be something like this:

[Image: noobs.jpg]

There are no ties at all in this. Fights go on until one of the opponents dies. Or maybe a timer (5~8 minutes maybe) and when the time is up + Both players are alive, the player with more HP % is considered as the winner. Or you work out a better system.

But the point remains the same; When you use such a set up for the tournament:

- Less time needed for the entire thing.
- The best WILL rise to the top and sieze the title.
- Less whines about what is fair and what isn't.
10-18-2008 06:39 PM