Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where'd you get your name?
TheIdiotBox Offline
That Guy

RE: Where'd you get your name?

I've had quite a few names in the past.

Orangedog/Websurfer(x): Used to share either of these name with my older brother back when I was in around 3rd or 4th grade and only went to sites like Nick.com and such. (Gotta start somewhere.) The "x" in websurfer was usually a 0, 1, A (for me) or G (for my brother).

Lightlord: Made this name up in the bathroom during 5th grade. I started using it in Starcraft and stuck with it for Gaia and many other things until around 9th grade or so when I figured the whole "light adoration" thing was pretty stupid. It's still part of my Gmail though.

Plenalian/Plen/Plenplen: Got this one from an Arthurian name generator around 9th grade when I started playing Maple Story, people tended to shorten it to Plen and I eventually made Plenplen to have a variation. I still use this one when I need a name.

Mr. Plen/Mr. P: Added the mister to make the name a little more classy around the beginning of 10th grade when I started making music in Midi and got into sketching alot. I also use this one, but not so much for characters.

TheIdiotBox/Boxy: My most recent name, and the one I've been using more frequently. Originally derived from a song by The Aquabats titled "Idiot Box". It's also a Spongebob episode and another name for television. When I used it to make a character on Maple Story, one of my friends shortened it to Boxy. I usually have to tell people to call me that, else they call me Idiot, which I usually don't respond to. The only real downside to the full name is a phrase impatient people tend to use frequently: "Wow, you really *are* an idiot." At the moment, I'm trying to decide between this name or Plen to use as an artist name. (I found out there's already a Mr. P. D: )
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2008 12:12 PM by TheIdiotBox.)
10-18-2008 12:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Where'd you get your name?

TheIdiotBox Wrote:" At the moment, I'm trying to decide between this name or Plen to use as an artist name. (I found out there's already a Mr. P. D: )

Go for MR. Boxy Ok
10-18-2008 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sephiroth! Offline
One Winged Angel

I also have a Ninja named Nin Tendo. Lol, it's so sweet to me. I was thinking of a ninja name and looked at my game cube. Hmm... Nin... Tendo.. :O I GOT IT! lol That's how it happened.

Virkun- 98/69 Professor
Rhyzu- 93/50 Crusader
Arthion- 93/63 High Priest
Michael Jackson- 77/50 Bard
Stuntin'- 80/** Monk
10-18-2008 06:22 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??Where'd you get your name?

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:GF13-017NJ - The bane of my existence.??I hate wasting a character on asura build, it's either limited function or poor damage.??And either way it's almost totally impractical with combo builds that I enjoy.??Thus, to spare Clobberella the embarassment, I made a monk for asura.??The name comes from a terrible member of the great Gundam franchise, G Gundam.??The main character is irritating, and his mech has only one good attack, "SHINING FINGER!!"??I hate him and everything he stands for, I hate wasting a char on asura, and I hate the necessity of having asura.??I hate my idiot monk.

Well, that's all the chars I've got so far.??Now you all have no excuse for not remembering which ones are me!

any good asura champion can out damage a good combo champion in almost every situation without the need to be completely useless in pvp/woe. there is absolutely no limited function nor poor damage holding an asura built champion back.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2008 06:33 PM by teOx.)
10-18-2008 06:32 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: ??Where'd you get your name?

KohakuSan Wrote:
Fruityla Wrote:Also, I tend to pronounce it Lin-nee-a rather than Lin-nay

I always pronouced it as Lin-nee-a. It was so natural to me I didn't even remember that it'd be Lin-nay in english speaking lol
I've always pronounced it like Linnear, like a straight line sorta thing, without the R
10-18-2008 08:47 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

teOx Wrote:without the need to be completely useless in pvp/woe.
Icon_biggrin Last time I went to WoE, I fought GM-Chocolate.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
10-18-2008 09:13 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

RE:????Where'd you get your name?

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
KohakuSan Wrote:
Fruityla Wrote:Also, I tend to pronounce it Lin-nee-a rather than Lin-nay

I always pronouced it as Lin-nee-a. It was so natural to me I didn't even remember that it'd be Lin-nay in english speaking lol
I've always pronounced??it like Linnear,??like a straight line sorta thing,??without the R

Exactly! That's how I always pronnounced it too! I'm not good with writing how-to-speak things lol
10-18-2008 09:23 PM
TheIdiotBox Offline
That Guy

Kretzer Wrote:
TheIdiotBox Wrote:" At the moment, I'm trying to decide between this name or Plen to use as an artist name. (I found out there's already a Mr. P. D: )

Go for MR. Boxy Ok
Sounds weird. x.x;
10-18-2008 10:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Midboss Offline
Dark Adonis

I used to go by something like... "Astiral", I think it was? Long time ago now. I was a coder on a particular MUD, which is still running without me, but I was rather close with the people who tested new systems for me. We'd joke around with each other constantly, especially in ways that made others think ill of me - our favorite bit in particular was for me to get irate with them and threaten them with all sorts of bans and lost levels... None of which ever happened, obviously.

One day during such a bit, one of the guys quoted Laharl, insinuating that nobody cared about me, and informing me that my new name was "Mid-Boss". I tried to fight it, but... Once someone calls you Mid-Boss there's no escaping.

PPF Wrote:Midboss is clearly the living embodiment of Captain Falcon. Melee Captain Falcon.
10-25-2008 02:48 AM
Moonpie Offline
Humaniod Typhoon

hmmm, Moonpie comes from this one day st school, when I was extremely sleep deprived and everything i said ended with the words moon pie, that and moon pies are quite delicious. Previously my online alias was Demon of Desolation, which is from the band I used to play in ( I was head of it, till we all went seperate ways Icon_sad )
10-27-2008 04:46 PM