Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@trade and @alliance channels
Quesadilla Offline
SUPER ULTRA MEGA TACO GUY

@trade and @alliance channels

I believe two channels similar to @main should be added. I've seen it done on other servers, and I think it would be a pretty awesome addition to this server. I can't see any possible consequences of either.

@trade
@trade would be an almost exact duplicate of @main, except it would be meant for B>, S>, T>, etc. messages. This would be efficient because you would be able to enable both if you wanted to, or just have one or the other enabled. It would work because I know that there are two types of people who use @main - those who use it for general talking amongst the server while outside of a main town, and those who use it to buy, sell, or trade. (or, you know, a combination of sorts.) I am part of the first category, myself. I like talking to people who aren't in my guild, generally just being social, but I hate it when people post S> messages every ten seconds or the idiots who post four of those at a time. (THAT'S RIGHT, GUYS, SOME PEOPLE FREAKING HATE THAT!)

@alliance
This one would be a little different than @main, but sort of the same. It would allow people in a guild to talk with their alliances as well as their own guild. I'm surprised this isn't a more popular idea, especially with WoE. It would be beyond useful to talk to your allies during WoE and otherwise. It also allows you to be social with them and generally talk. On a past server I had a problem with the fact that I was in a guild and had a lot of friends in another guild. When I was leveling or doing something productive, I wasn't able to just sit down in a town and be social, which wasn't great. This would create friendships where friendships haven't been created before. It would also allow for more strategy.

I hope you guys appreciate or critique my ideas instead of just passing it off as CUH-RAAAAY-ZEEEEEEE!
05-23-2009 12:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Templar Offline
There and back again

RE: @trade and @alliance channels

Hm, reading the tittle i was thinking this was going somewhere else.
i mistook alliance as allegiance

I agree with the @trade, that would save a lot of space for those who want to stick with business instead of [mostly] useless chatter. so without being redundant and repeating all the plus sides already brought up, i agree

As for alliance, Im sure it would make some things easier, but i think having parties that mix people from different guild to utilize a classes role better would be just as good. Or even the guild ally's sharing Vent if they have one, which im sure some guild alliances do already, if they even do WoE as allys

05-23-2009 01:11 AM
Quesadilla Offline

Haha, it would also be kinda interesting to have @allegiance, but very far from useful in the least bit.
It's funny. I was talking to somebody about it and they wanted @trade for the same reason you did: to separate random chat from business. I want it for the opposite: to separate business from random chat Icon_lol

When you bring up the points that you did about @alliance, it made sense. However, how does one expect to get the parties set up without a good method of communication between the alliances? Icon_razz Vent would work, but people like me aren't always able to use it and prefer more textual methods.
05-23-2009 01:26 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Give me @trade channel or i will Drink until i pass out and ask for it again...Then repeat.

:]
05-23-2009 01:43 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

lol kretz, you must drink a lot then Icon_wink
05-23-2009 02:26 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??@trade and @alliance channels

Frogboy Wrote:lol kretz, you must drink a lot then Icon_wink

Look at my Siggy >:C
05-23-2009 02:37 AM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

Quesadilla Wrote:@trade
@trade would be an almost exact duplicate of @main, except it would be meant for B>, S>, T>, etc. messages. This would be efficient because you would be able to enable both if you wanted to, or just have one or the other enabled. It would work because I know that there are two types of people who use @main - those who use it for general talking amongst the server while outside of a main town, and those who use it to buy, sell, or trade. (or, you know, a combination of sorts.) I am part of the first category, myself. I like talking to people who aren't in my guild, generally just being social, but I hate it when people post S> messages every ten seconds or the idiots who post four of those at a time. (THAT'S RIGHT, GUYS, SOME PEOPLE FREAKING HATE THAT!)

well just for the record some people also hate when main is spamed with useless chat...Mad

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
05-23-2009 04:20 AM
Quesadilla Offline

But the people who do that (at least, post multiple random messages at once) are warned more often than the people who post multiple vending messages at once. Actually, I've never seen a vend-spammer get warned, even though both are spamming. ;D
05-23-2009 05:41 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

@trade: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=8758

@allience: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=9730

Pretty sure @trade has been brought up before, again, aswell. Just can't find it. D=

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-23-2009 08:50 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Can we get a super awesome programmer type scripter dude to make this stuff for us?...Well we haven't so far so maybe one day we'll find one to make this and GM's will more than likely implement :o

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-23-2009 09:18 AM