Poll: Do you like the new season of Naruto?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Naruto quality...
tickyhead Offline
Pirate at Heart

RE: Naruto quality...

Samurai Champloo is awesome.

As for one piece eps, it's not too hard to find them if you do some google searches, but the good ones only come from Kaizoku Fansubs. Unfortunately, their site seems to be down for now Icon_sad it happens every once in a while though, come july you could probably get them again.

I also agree that the Naruto manga is better than the anime, even though I've lost interest in both.

Bleach unfortunately is stuck in perpetual filler episodes (which are slowly turning it into another naruto), which makes me sad because the manga storyline is so fun to read.

Pirates make everything better.
06-27-2006 05:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

"How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

i used to watch a bit of Dragonball Z, but i kept catching episodes in the wrong order (lol) and it's true... there is only so long you can get away with the "i'm the strongest in the universe!" "no i am!" "no i am!" "no i am!" etc.

OP and Naruto manga are definitely better *nods* i even had to unplug my earphones when OP comercials would come on while watching Cartoon Network, and since then i'd refused to watch the Naruto anime, lol (that and something about a thousand years of pain technique or some such /hmm).

sometimes it's tough to watch an anime after you've read the manga already and it was really good, because you see characters you know all about, and yet they're doing things that are completely wrong *cough*sCRYed*tokyomewmew*cough*

Samurai Champloo is awesome (which is odd cause i never really got into Cowboy Bebop /hmm)
Lain is kinda odd... i've only seen the first few episodes though (and yeah, it is kinda slow - action freaks will cry)
haven't seen Grave of the Fireflies yet, but it's a Miyazaki film so i have to see it some day *nods* (even if it is really sad ;o; )
Gunslinger Girls manga - really creepy sometimes
Azumanga Daioh manga - really... odd, lol

*won't take this opportunity to tell people to read/watch Alien 9*
ah crud i just did XD;;

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
06-27-2006 03:43 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

Yes I knew i forgot something, champloo is definitely awesome (shouldve been in the list) and its true that bleach sidestory is F*&@!ing annoying, it puts me off that anime when i see that cockroach girl.

BTW the only thing that scared me fairly much is when Kenshin chopped that lamp post with his sakabatou. I went " you can't do that!", that is until, i actually saw someone actually do something similar with a blunt sword. (Ps. i promised i wont tell who it is, soz guys)

Anyways that made me actually believe the anime writer really researched his martial arts well. One of the few action anime that got me hooked (that is untill they keep going after the manga ends). I really loved the prequel "trust and betrayal" its really touching. Icon_sad Icon_redface Icon_cry

Champloo is awesome, that i really must give my salute to the writer. Icon_cool
By the way, neone ever watched Doraemon? its one of the most random anime i ever watched.Icon_razz

For those ppl who loves good touching anime I really must insist to encourage you to watch "grave of the fireflies". Its one of the best anime i ever watched, made me empty a tissue box Icon_cry Icon_lol

I ran out of shelf space for my animes Icon_razz

BTW my most favourite anime still is evangelion, I cant believe i came across people with exact personality as all the characters. excluding penpen of course, but somehow everytime i take that stupid Evangelion quizz it keeps telling me that I am penpen. Maybe I am the penpen Icon_lol, that makes the complete set (just kidding,..... I hope).
07-06-2006 01:03 PM
tickyhead Offline
Pirate at Heart

Ryxingeir Wrote:*won't take this opportunity to tell people to read/watch Alien 9*
ah crud i just did XD;;

I finally got to, and I can say it's a fairly good anime, but the story was never fully fleshed out, plus the main character is really, really annoying (cry cry wahwah I'm too weak to fight aliens cry cry cry cry cry everyone else has to keep saving me wahwah cry cry).

My reccomendations for anime would be.....uh.....

Any Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movie ever - The guy is an anime GOD.
Cowboy Bebop - great music, great characters, great plot, and an ending that made me cry (but so does everything else ;P)
Outlaw Star - More sci-fi than Bebop, larger cast, the plot is a bit sterotypical but it's my favorite stereotypical plotline :3
Fruits Basket - Purely for the comedy aspect. The japanese voice actors are funnier than the english, though.
Geobreeders - Evil cat creatures, big explosions, lots of violence...it keeps you from getting bored and the characters play off each other fairly well.
FLCL - the plot is confusing as hell and takes more than a few rewatchings to get it, but the comedy is great and it's very short, so rewatching isn't that big a deal. One of those animes that you either love it or hate it.
Haibane Renmei - another anime you have to think about (for short attention spans and a plot that doesn't require brain cells, watch Geobreeders) good characters, good music, and no violence whatsoever. Good for people who like character development instead of explosions (I like both XD)
Record of Lodoss War - finally a fantasy anime on my list! there's two lodosses, one is the original and the other (chronicles of the heroic knight) works sort of like a sequel, buy they're both good animes. Based roughly off an RPG session, so it can't be all bad! XD

I have more, but I'll post them next time (or never! :twistedIcon_smile

Pirates make everything better.
07-06-2006 04:27 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

tickyhead Wrote:Any Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movie ever - The guy is an anime GOD.
So true!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-06-2006 04:49 PM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

RE:?? Naruto quality...

tickyhead Wrote:
Ryxingeir Wrote:*won't take this opportunity to tell people to read/watch Alien 9*
ah crud i just did XD;;
I finally got to, and I can say it's a fairly good anime, but the story was never fully fleshed out, plus the main character is really, really annoying (cry cry wahwah I'm too weak to fight aliens cry cry cry cry cry everyone else has to keep saving me wahwah cry cry).
lol, well i'm glad you liked it, like i said before though - it's really best as a support for the manga since they actually kept the storyline just about the same
(and yeah, no one likes how whiney Yuri is lol (well, just about everyone ;3) Kasumi and Kumi are really cool though n_n)

@Motoko - hehe, in SaGa Frontier (old old video game) at one time, they had this unarmed swordsman character pick up a lead pipe off the ground and use sword techniques with it +.+??(Gen was so awesome <3)

@Sae - yes, Outlaw Star and FLCL for the win!??and Miyazaki, that just goes without saying n_n

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
07-06-2006 10:05 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

I'm glad dragon ball dragged on so long cause otherwise I would of never met kid buu Icon_cry but once again the coolest character has to be the confusing one by that I mean trunks. Cause Time travel +Sekaru = so confused it hurts. and as usual some chars are just forgotten very fast. Thank god for Dragon ball Gt creator of SUPER 17!!! /gg

umm Champloo Pwns!

Bleach gets my +50ty thumbs up

as for other anime's I must agree Miyazaki is the perverbial brolly of anime

BEST ANIME = NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND!!!

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
09-07-2006 04:08 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

Quote:+50ty

??? does that mean you have 50 thumbs or u mean your thumb is over 50 Years old? Icon_razz
09-08-2006 10:02 AM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

I was overexagerating * note I cannot spel* anyway its spelled fity its like a new number or something and I have two thumbs but... you know its really good..

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
09-09-2006 01:52 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

okay, understood. u have two thumbs but you give bleach a fifty thumbs up. that reminded me of ghost in a shell when those technician cyborgs can extend their hands to over 100 fingers. that looks so cool.
09-10-2006 12:22 AM