Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World of Warcraft
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

World of Warcraft

So who here plays WoW? And what realm are you on/what are your characters? Icon_razz

Oh, and please, if you don't like WoW, don't post it here, this is for people who play it, or want to play it.

NO Bashers

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2006 10:09 PM by Sodo.)
01-22-2006 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Misanthorpy Offline

RE: World of Warcraft

I play on Bonechewer. 60 priest, Alliance
03-21-2006 10:56 AM
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

Apparently it must be really easy to get to level 60? Everybody I talk to who plays has a level 60 character...

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
03-21-2006 04:06 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

I have a level 11 (soon to be 12) Human Warlock. I play on Draka. From my experience, it's easier to get a reborned character on heRO than it is to hit level 50 in WOW. I never got past the level 20ish in WOW while I had a 82 reborned on a server with the same exp rate as here.

The game is really fun IIIFFF you have friends to play with. I played alone for two months before canning the game because it was awfully boring to play alone. And I mean, really REALLY boring, difficult and frustrating. But when you have at least one friend and you know how to play, it's pretty fun! Icon_smile That's why I reactivated my account this month and started another char on the same server as my friend.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
04-20-2006 07:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mrmeow x_X Offline
Back from the DEAD!

What I'm missing in WoW is what I'm missing in every MMORPG except RO - You can't make up builds and stuff, you just... Get stats and skills the way everyone do Icon_cry
I really love the quests4exp thing there though, so much more fun than grinding mobs Icon_biggrin

Back from the dead, again.

The original owner and creator of Meat Grinder, Suicide Commando, Lady Venom, Psychopath and so many characters I simply can't remember.

Now just Utsav, a little hunter.
04-20-2006 08:18 AM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

?!

There are TONS of way to make builds! Icon_wink The most proeminent is the Talents branches. Just a quick example (gotta go to work!), my friend has a Mage specialized in Ice techniques. Not every mage out there is a Ice mage.

It's mostly the way you play that make you special, not the way you build your character. So in a sense, there are more "builds" than everywhere else.

Anyway, it remains true that you get a better feel of "builds" in RO than WOW, hand down.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
04-20-2006 08:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mrmeow x_X Offline
Back from the DEAD!

Bottom line is..
"Anyway, it remains true that you get a better feel of "builds" in RO than WOW, hand down."

Icon_razz
I just like sitting and making up wierd builds with stat\skill calcs, which I can't do there, that's what I meant Icon_mrgreen

Back from the dead, again.

The original owner and creator of Meat Grinder, Suicide Commando, Lady Venom, Psychopath and so many characters I simply can't remember.

Now just Utsav, a little hunter.
04-20-2006 09:21 AM
Yetipunk Offline

I made a shadow bolt built Orcish Warlock that got to about level 30. I got there in about 8-9 days. Then my friend got back and started playing again so I don't play it anymore.

coocoocachoo
04-20-2006 09:59 AM
GM-Boomy
Unregistered

well, I have a 10 days trial and I joined your server scott, my name is BoomDivX (Boomy was already taken Icon_cry ) Thx to trentfrank :D
04-20-2006 06:46 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

RE:??World of Warcraft

GM-Scott Wrote:I have a level 11 (soon to be 12) Human Warlock. I play on Draka. From my experience, it's easier to get a reborned character on heRO than it is to hit level 50 in WOW. I never got past the level 20ish in WOW while I had a 82 reborned on a server with the same exp rate as here.

The game is really fun IIIFFF you have friends to play with. I played alone for two months before canning the game because it was awfully boring to play alone. And I mean, really REALLY boring, difficult and frustrating. But when you have at least one friend and you know how to play, it's pretty fun! Icon_smile That's why I reactivated my account this month and started another char on the same server as my friend.
I don't know Scott, the people who got me into WoW and RO never got reborn characters, but they did get level 60's (though i guess i really can't comment on it since i've had neither...).

And what you say about friends is entirely true... i had just started when they were all already 50-55, and they just ditched me and hardly said more than a sentence at a time over guild chat.

Oh, and Ice Mages all the way!
[Image: ss353zn.th.jpg]
no i can't remember what server i used to play on, unfortunately, i didn't take nearly enough screen shots u_u
and i don't know who that was standing behind me, lol

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2006 07:12 PM by Ryxingeir.)
04-20-2006 07:11 PM