Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Magic the Gathering
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: Magic the Gathering

4 Everflowing Chalice maybe? I didn't do research on the decks cards but spells to get more lands out faster might help to.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
05-12-2010 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Magister Magi Offline
Commander Of The Queen's Knights

Thanks for the advice. Although you guys might kick me when I say what I'm about to. xD

I tore apart my Eldrazi deck a week or so ago. I found that I just couldn't get used to playing a red/green deck, so I decided there was no point in keeping it together anymore.

Now I'm going to focus on my original colors, being blue/white/green. I have my mono-white control deck (which I've listed before I believe), my blue/white Flyover deck, and I'm going to start working on putting my Landfall deck back together (any advice on this would be greatly appreciated).

The only Extended-format deck that I have is my Affinity deck. It's still missing the Master of Etherium x4 and Archbound Ravager x3 though. They were substituted with Etherium Sculptor x4 and Atog x3.

[Image: RickyBanner14.jpg]
C1- Ricky Falenas (Magician) 50/37
05-19-2010 03:30 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

So.... I saw a "the liliana vess deck eyes of shadow" I thought a planewalker in a duel deck.....ubber. I told my magic friends...after a little research no planewalker inside. Then I bought it anyways, with a big Icon_sad

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
07-01-2010 01:14 PM
Magister Magi Offline

Some of them can be a big disappointment sometimes. I rather liked the Nissa Revane deck.

M11 is rather interesting. Someone made the comment the other day that it's like M10, but I don't think so. Half the cards I've seen so far are ones I've never seen before now.

I only have three rares from the set at the moment. Glacial Fortress, Silence, and Redirect.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2010 10:13 PM by Magister Magi.)
07-16-2010 10:12 PM
Kari Nogashi Offline
Forum Dweller

i use to play with a solid black deck. status effects are epic however not efficient. i was position number 99 out of a 100 person MtG tourney and the only person i beat was a (i believe) "special needs" kid with a red/white deck (btw i have NO Idea how that even worked together pure force+healing wtf?) soo i ended up sad and quiting the game.
07-16-2010 11:12 PM
Magister Magi Offline

Black is still a pretty strong color, at least where I play it is. Mostly though I see control decks and 'Superfriends'. Ugh, I hate the second one.

I play blue/white simply because they are among the first three colors I played when I started. Green is the other.

Not sure how the red/white healing/force deck would work either. o.O I'm sure someone could make it work though.

07-18-2010 07:02 AM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

may i join this discussion? :D

well, back when i was in my 4th-6th grade, we usually play with magic cards

well, we bought a pile of trash cards and my friend got this silly white cards, circle of protection : *add color*

well i was just wondering, if you use this card, does it nullify any incoming attack from an opponent with the same color? :/

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
07-19-2010 10:01 AM
Magister Magi Offline

No, it doesn't. You have to pay 1 mana each time you wish to prevent a source of that color from dealing damage to you.

For example, let's say I have Circle of Protection: Black. My opponent casts Syphon Soul. I pay one mana to negate that damage. Then during the battle phase, they attack me with Vampire Nighthawk. I must pay one more mana to negate that damage.

Basically, you can only use Circle of Protection: 'Insert Color Here' so long as you have the mana to pay for its ability. Of course, that doesn't stop it from being negated when it's cast, or destroyed later on.

If any other Magic players reading this notice that I am wrong, feel free to correct my mistake.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2010 05:01 PM by Magister Magi.)
07-19-2010 04:58 PM
Split Ends Offline
o(≧▽≦)o

well circle of protections, should really be classified as rare, agree?

BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
07-19-2010 10:18 PM
Magister Magi Offline

Well, the Circle of Protection cards themselves are rare (depending on the set though, they could be a different rarity).

Should they be classified as 'rare'? Sure. But the cards in Standard nowadays make the Circle of Protection cards a lot less useful than before.

Legacy format is a another story though. I know next to nothing about it.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2010 04:57 AM by Magister Magi.)
07-21-2010 04:56 AM