Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Jail system?
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??New Jail system?

Avalon_Fates Wrote:You gotta add a way for normal people to visit people in jail to keep em company.
On other servers I've been on, Jail was a PK zone which you coulnd't go back from after dying,??everyone just kept respawning with1 HP and killing each other =x

And on the main note. Jail is not supposed to be fun. You're just supposed to sit in a corner and Play your harmonica and wait for your sentance to be served. Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing rules,??and this makes damn sure it's more of a punishment than an Annoyance. Harsh as it may seem, it's their own fault for being in there in the first place. Just?don't drop the Soap.

Well it is still sorta an annoyance, you can still log in and leave the account running and go AFK, and do things in IRL until the time is done...
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2009 11:01 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
06-02-2009 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rams365 Offline
Paradox Divided by 0

RE: New Jail system?

That's funny, because when my friend was jailed on his merch he vended "I'm sorry" until he got out.

FullRotation365: 9x 6x Sniper, Halfrotation182.5: 8x 5x Clown, FullRotation360:8x 5x Sin-x;
06-02-2009 01:07 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Vending is one thing, @autotrade is another, you can vend and Be AFK but not @autotrading
06-02-2009 02:38 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

This jail thing seems to be flawed cause the guy could just log on and leave his computer running and do something else for that long or is that how its supposed to work?

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
06-02-2009 02:53 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Child of Bodom Wrote:This jail thing seems to be flawed cause the guy could just log on and leave his computer running and do something else for that long or is that how its supposed to work?

You can do a lot of "something else"- anything else BUT heRO, and that's the intent. Whatever you want to do outside of heRO, is it our right to ask or govern over it? "Oh I'm sorry you were KSing in heRO, we have to confiscate your internet access now for 6 hours." as much as that'll be hilarious, nah the punishment for a wrong doing in heRO only applies to heRO.

You can still log out of your jailed character and play your other chars, but again this isn't going to help your jailed character in getting out at all.

As for the length, like what Mass and I said already, we're sort of still tinkering with it. At first 24 hours seem quite a while for just first time violating vending rule. If 12 hours seem too miniscule as people can sleep+work it off while leaving the computer running, who knows we may bump it up again.

As for FullRotation's question, depends if your friend is one of the very few merchants who got jailed using auto-release, or is it just the 'old system' as well.

06-02-2009 03:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply