Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
question regarding AFK with alchemist
Moonito Offline
Take a taste of my Books! :P

question regarding AFK with alchemist

Well.... obviously.. i know that u can't AFK in training places with an active homun but.... can I AFK in... lets say prontera and only feed the homun (want this to feed the homun while studing Icon_biggrin)... i mean.. only to FEED it (without a programm, just me) and be AFK studing.

Can I do that or its against the rules.

PD: Please, i need a GM or moderator answer so im sure and not get banned XD.

Thanks

MoonyP (Battle Sage lvl 8x .... [yes, a Battle sage.. you're not getting blind xD])
Moonito (alchemist lvl 9x)
Potero (alchemist (pots) lvl 8x....)
Vanilmirth (vanil lvl 7x [I put it like a character cuase it does much more than my 2 alches together Icon_razz])
06-02-2009 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

RE: question regarding AFK with alchemist

as long as your feeding it and not a program or macro, and as long your physically there watching it time to time, it should be alright. Plus your in a town where there usually aren't monsters so I don't see a problem with it.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
06-02-2009 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

If you afk in a town and feed it once in a while it's okay, as long as you answer a GM if he/she happen to talk to you. We usually talk right after the homunculus was fed so we know someone is there(or not).
If you don't answer we'll investigate further and check if you're using a program to autofeed them, which results in permanent ban.
06-02-2009 11:27 AM
Moonito Offline

ohh... thanks Icon_biggrin..... so i'll have no problem xD

MoonyP (Battle Sage lvl 8x .... [yes, a Battle sage.. you're not getting blind xD])
Vanilmirth (vanil lvl 7x [I put it like a character cuase it does much more than my 2 alches together Icon_razz])
06-02-2009 02:59 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

As long as you're an alchemist and got a homunculus out, you have the responsibility to be able to reply to a GM's inquiry unless you aren't attacking and aren't feeding at all. We've banned alchemists who are sitting in town because it turns out that they're macro feeding and pretending to be AFK in Prontera.

Also as a second note, moderators aren't able to help on these type of inquiries as the job of a moderator is mostly to handle @main or other 'obvious' situations that require mute if no GMs are online. Things such as bot checking or afkemist check aren't part of moderators' duties. They can certainly answer question just like any other players, but do they have any 'special authority' when it comes to this type of question, then no.

06-02-2009 03:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Moonito Offline

Oh... Sry about that Icon_biggrin... but... as GM-mass said, you will ask right about feeding the homun,right?... i mean... i should feed the homun, wait like 30 seconds and then do the alt+tab thing (if i have to use the computer) or you can ask anytime for a response?
I don`t wanna be banned and it'd be very nice if i can feed my homun when doing other things xD.

Thanks

06-03-2009 06:55 AM
BlueAlchemy Offline

RE:??question regarding AFK with alchemist

GM-Ayu Wrote:As long as you're an alchemist and got a homunculus out, you have the responsibility to be able to reply to a GM's inquiry unless you aren't attacking and aren't feeding at all.

Does this include being on a hostile map but your homunculus isn't attacking anything/no monsters around at all? I wanna know in case I have to go afk but want to regen my homun and myself

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
06-03-2009 10:14 PM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

If it's on passive mode, it's okay, doesn't matter where you are, as long as there isn't a program to feed it automatically.
06-04-2009 08:57 AM