Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wii Fit?
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

Wii Fit?

I'm considering getting Wii Fit. Do any of you guys have experience with it or own it? What do you think about it? Is it useful for cardiovascular exercise at all? I was looking at the games it could do and most seemed to focus on more low impact, strength and balance training. I would want to do something with it that got my heart going! Do they have those sorts of things with it? Just tell me what you think of it please, I want some more input before I spend all that money.

Alts and Stuff: Amara, Lenala, Jenarra, Korana, Nanna, Navara, Valara, Terrana, Arana, Liara
06-11-2009 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Wii Fit?

Yah Wii Fit has it all.??There is a running exercise where it says you can turn it to watch tv while you do it if you want. Basically you run on the wii board, its pretty fun.??It also has a lot of balance exercises but also stuff like pushups, situps, that sort of thing.

The Yoga is harder than you think and can wear you out in a different way than cardiovascular can.??

EDIT: Oh yah, forgot about the step aerobics exercises, they are really really fun and can give you a good workout too!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 06:36 PM by Aaronock.)
06-11-2009 06:34 PM
Zeena Offline

Makes me want to get Wii Fit now. Icon_suprised
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 08:34 PM by Zeena.)
06-11-2009 08:33 PM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

*_* its good, it monitors your weight loss/gain, tells you what you need to work on after testing you. You can do Yoga, Strength, balance, aerobics and you unlock more things as you go. I just gotten one and I like it, but I haven't had it long enough to tell you how 'great' results are. But a lot of the harder exercise games require you to have a wii board soooo its a good starter.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
06-11-2009 10:58 PM
Pontta Offline
Kurr...

...lol Amara =D. Hmm I got the Wii but usually these sport things for the Wii suck..imo tho, dont mind me =D. I just stick with SSBB and Mario Kart xD
06-15-2009 03:45 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Well I have wii fit and the thing is awesome. Sure it still misses some basic things like making a workout for your needs but then again, stop being lazy and do them yourself XD

PST! The jogging is on the floor not on the board or you will break it. Just place the Wiimote in a pocket and start jogging in place. The stepping game also give you a heck of a work out like Aaronock said.

I do recomend it, or you can always wait and get the new version "Wii Fit PLUS" that is coming out soon.

Wii Fit PLUS Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnoOx_n6Z2M

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
06-15-2009 07:09 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

me and my wife is really interested in the wii, but it's a bit expensive... Cry

would really make life a blast, but then i'll have even less time to play heRO... oh noess... /wah;

i really like how nintendo makes exercising fun...

-w-
06-15-2009 10:22 PM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

The wii is considerably cheaper then most consoles out there, and its the system for mutli playing with others but it doesn't really distract you 'that' much. You can only play the games so many times so often. In the beginning you'll go nuts sure, its the same with any new toy, but then you'll play it less and less.

The Wii fit is pretty great, I do about 30 min a day. In the beginning you don't feel it but its really meant as a daily work out thing so by day 3 or 4 you feel it bad! And as time goes on you can just increase the amount you do. I just wish that I could select several yoga poses and hit play all >< would make it so much easier! Now I must look into this Wii fit 2 >:D

*edit*
OMG XD I just watched the wii fit 2 thing and it HAS a thing that you can make all things run together must get D: lol you can put your pooch on wii fit as well I laughed at that.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
06-16-2009 11:22 AM