Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Build swapper - very useful
lovable Offline

RE:??Build swapper - very useful

Kretzer Wrote:Nobody said it had to be free. It can charge the same as the ressetter, or even more if you want. But its a nice touch.

I for one would like having a set of builds ready to reset.

On the other hand, heRO runs on a "Don't reset too much" policy. With the high prices of the??resets, nobody would use the NPC enough for it to be usefull. This NPC is geared towards heavily resseting oriented servers.

That's true but it can have a price bigger than normal reset... and ppl can use it only on "special" occasions Icon_wink
06-14-2009 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
conch Offline
1 ea

RE:??Build swapper - very useful

Rei Ayanami Wrote:thats proly cos i am very poor.

lies Icon_mad

¥[Image: w1z2h5.png]¥
06-14-2009 07:30 PM
Ophelia Offline

RE: Build swapper - very useful

I do like this idea, but it probably isn't going to happen.

[O⋅phel⋅ia [oh-feel-yuh]
- noun
a female given name
06-14-2009 08:35 PM
BlueAlchemy Offline

I kinda like this idea, from what I see its like you keep another set of your stats and skills stored, and when you pay a fee thats a lot lower then your reset, you get that other stat set,

Pro's
-Can allow faster leveling by switching between mobbing or soloing (for partying purposes)

Neutral
-allows you to switch builds at a way cheaper price then resetting (or to our knowledge)
-Would allow alchemists and blacksmiths to swap to a Pure item craft build. causing alchemists to have increased ammo stocks and blacksmiths to make weapons a lot more easily

Con's
-Might be a challenge to make into a reality
-Can possibly be abused so that players can switch to a PvP build for WoE then switch to a training build without any major consequence aside from the fee.

Overall, I love the idea, I'm just doubtful the GM's will be wanting to put this into action since theirs so much on the line in loss as well as gain.

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
06-14-2009 11:29 PM
Astroboi Away

Your pros and cons list makes no sense...

Most of you seem to miss the point. It's basically the same thing as the current resetter, SAME PRICE and everything, BUT you save time by not having to load your build on the stat calc and put points (and possibly screw up by clicking too fast) etc every time.

It won't push people to reset more, if they wanted to reset they would have done it anyway, it's only for conveniance.

I support it.
06-15-2009 12:51 AM
Quesadilla Offline
SUPER ULTRA MEGA TACO GUY

I support this, mostly as a convenience to players. I know times when I've added stats and skills to the wrong place accidentally, with this that wouldn't happen. It would save money, but who really wants to pay for another reset just because the added a point to a stat and it completely messed up the build?
A majority of the people who are against this have never had this happen to them, probably. It sucks, and you'll change your mind when it DOES happen to you sometime. Not everyone is rich, and when you have to pay for another reset because of something like one skill point, it really does suck - especially when you're really low on money.
Only negative I can think of is switching back and forth from a WoE build to a PVM build, but if the fee is the same as it is right now, then those switchers can already do that, just with more work. If the goal against these people is to stop them by making them accidentally add stat points into the wrong stat and thus make them BAWWWWWW, then remember that you're also doing it to the people who made an honest mistake in their build. Quite rude, may I say.
I can't really think of honest negatives to this, other than "lol GMs won't do it." It's a really nice idea, if anything it could be incorporated into the current resetter somehow. I just doubt the GMs will actually do it, even though there are virtually no negatives. (test that, detractors!)
06-15-2009 01:51 AM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

It wont happen. Feel free to dream though.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

06-15-2009 02:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zeena Offline

I support the idea and agree with Astroboi. Icon_smile
06-15-2009 07:54 AM
lovable Offline

Good Icon_smile
Why don't open a poll to see how many ppl would like it and how many not? :D
06-15-2009 09:07 AM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

I don't mind it, but I think it won't likely happen. Yes it is convenient and yes it does help people who don't want to keep clicking for their stats.
It'd definitely help the merchant branch most definite and the pvp/Woe to training.

ps, Cheese, please refrain from posting potential flame bait. The final decission always fall to the GM's even if they are the same as yours.

pps, A poll is a good idea Icon_smile

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
06-15-2009 10:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply