Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Failed to Connect -- Vista Problems
RizuChan Offline

Failed to Connect -- Vista Problems

Alright, I had been playing all day just fine on the laptop. I closed the application for a moment to surf the web -- the same pages I always visit -- but when I re-open it 15 or so minutes later I got the "Failed to connect to server" window multiple times. I kept trying, I even restarted the computer -- and now MSN won't even log in.

Running a Troubleshooting says it's something about Keyports -- but it doesn't fix.

Hoping someone out there has some solutions they can share -- before I'm tempted to smash the red Gateway laptop against a wall. I hate Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit....

Actually, I have the Vista OS entirely. x.x /end rant
06-14-2009 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: Failed to Connect -- Vista Problems

Gateway isn't a very reliable computer manufacturer either. Have you checked your connections / isp / any hardware you use to surf the web

Any firewalls you configure to allow things access to the web.

Networking is a very complicated bit of business there.

Wade through it and maybe months down the road everything will be fine.

(Unless you really do decide to chuck that gateway against some wall - in which case I'd recommend upgrading to at least a Dell, preferably a XPS / Alienware or a Vaio, hell even Toshiba is pretty spiffy now with their new 4 speaker laptop - avoid HP like the plague, never know if they fixed that overheating issue with their laptops)

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
06-14-2009 01:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RizuChan Offline

RE: Failed to Connect -- Vista Problems

Trust me, overheating still exists in HP.

This laptop was actually sent back to be fixed not too long ago -- it started getting bluescreens four days after I got in on X-mas. Took six bloody months to fix the thing. Apparently some corrupted data, though everything should be working fine now.

It had been, at least.

And I'm not very comp savvy -- but if someone can guide me through the process in step-by-step methods I'd greatly appreciate it.

I really hate Vista, more so than Gateway products.
06-14-2009 01:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply