Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tres preguntas...
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Tres preguntas...

Uno - Is HeRO Mac-compatible???I pawned my PC's indefinitely due to their lack of Mac pwnage.??>_>

Dos - How much data would a person of an astute opinion on the matter believe average RO'ing to consume???I'm on mobile broadband atm with a 5GB/month softcap which drops down to - I believe - 100kbps after max monthly usage. Sweat

Tres - The "HeRO's are never deleted" is still in effect, right???=3??Not that I'd deplore re-leveling.??I'd simply admonish anyone using my names.??Whispers is me!??I am Saro!??Wallow in your fear of mine nature of being... the leader of Bushido...a support guild aimed at helping people...And Galluptiaghast, a guild aimed at absolutely nothing although the aim of being precisely nothing means it is aimed to something since nothing is its aim yet nothing is naught which means the guild has no aim which aims at something which does not exist - that being nothing...<_<
...I'm scary, damnit!??I'll kill you with logic and giant sudokus!??LoL
Seriously, Jormungandr, Ryujin Clovenshield, Ankh!??Good names.??Good names... Not that I could see Ryujin Clovenshield being taken at anytime.??Laugh

err...I just remembered - The RO files themselves are friggin huge...??Like, 2GB if I remember correctly...??I may have to invest in a landline and use the cell card for geeking on the go... Thinking

In any case, I hope to say I am back, but I can not say I am back if I am not able to be back to my being back being hindered by the incompatibilities to the Mac.??

That rhymed!??=D

So, yeah, if some could be so kind to answer my questions that would be great.??I might even reward you with the aforementioned nothing that Galluptiaghast aims to uphold.??Wouldn't that be something???To be rewarded by a leader with the treasure of his nation???You'd feel special, you would.??Icon_biggrin

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2009 04:42 AM by Whispers.)
06-25-2009 04:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Quesadilla Offline
SUPER ULTRA MEGA TACO GUY

RE: Tres preguntas...

1. I've heard of people being able to use RO with Wine. When it works it's really slow.

If you bought your Mac pretty recently, check out this awesome little Google result that uses CrossOver. http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/forum/foru...74&start=1
... Or use BootCamp. Evil

2. I'll get back to you later about this one. I think I'm going to record how much data it sends and receives in ten minutes or so of active playing. I have no idea how accurate it would be, but it'll give somewhat of an idea.

3. I've heard of people coming back to the server from a one or two year hiatus and trying to build their guild back up, if that's what you mean. If you just want to get your name if somebody else has it... well, I guess you're kinda stuck there, because I don't think they would delete somebody else's character for that.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2009 10:34 AM by Quesadilla.)
06-25-2009 10:33 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

For Question 3.
Your characters and your guild and your items should all be here, heRO has never had a wipe Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-25-2009 10:39 AM
Quesadilla Offline
SUPER ULTRA MEGA TACO GUY

Back to number 2:
500,936 b received
202,607 b sent
This means 3913 kilobits received, 1583 kilobits sent, over a fifteen minute period that consisted of me leveling off of Bathories and actively talking in my guild. Dividing these by 15, I get 260 kilobits received per minute, 105 sent. Dividing those by 60, I get 4kbps received, 1.4ish kbps sent. It may be different when you're actually in Prontera and loading characters by the minute, but it can't be too drastic.

To̵ ̶͡i͢͠n̢̕v̕͜ǫ̀͢k͝e ͠thè͏̷ ̵̡̕h͏̶̴i͏͞v҉̕e͘͘-̷̵ḿi͡n͠d͜ ŗe͜͝p̶r҉̵e̡s̢ȩ̡n͏t҉͜i̷͢͡ng͏̨ c̸̀h̢̢̢à̧̢o͠͞s.
06-25-2009 11:38 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Hmm, all good. Thanks, guys! I'll have to look into the crossover thingy. But, since the RO files are so huge I'l probably just wait to get my PC back. It'l only be a few weeks anyway.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
06-25-2009 02:19 PM