Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Akuma Presents: The HeRo PvP league!!!
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

Akuma Presents: The HeRo PvP league!!!

Ok here is an idea that will sponsored by Akuma Icon_twisted

PvP league!!!

2 to 4 times a week we will have pvp league matches. We could have a certain set amount of prize zeny :O. Depending on how many people enter. The Price can be debated.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The consumables allowed will be:

5 of each:
-Green pots
-Panacea
-awake / beserk

20 of each:
-white pots
-blue pots

The fights!:

-

-Single matches will last will be a best out 5.
-The matches will have a 3 minute time limit.

-The teams in team battle will consist of up to 5 members. The match will be a best out of 3.
-The matches will have a 5 minute time limit.

Time and day:

-for the time I was thinking around 7Pm server time
-Monday, Wensday, Thursday and Sunday?
-or maybe after WoE?

----------------------------------------------------------------
*Im totally against fish!*

*i also considered making these after WoE, since everyone will be quiped and pumped Icon_smile*

*il just make a poll and you guys can vote on behalf of the HPs and soul linkers*

If you find anything needs to be added post :O

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2009 10:51 AM by Pyronic.)
06-30-2009 12:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: Akuma Presents: The HeRo PvP league!!!

I think HP's should be aloud to be in the PVP league simply because it would be unfair to exclude a class and deeming them as "non PVP" They can kill people which means they can PVP and aswell as HP would be a LARGE tide turner in team matches if the team matches werent aloud to have HP's it would just be a who can kill faster contest. However resurrections should be limited IF ANY

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
06-30-2009 12:27 AM
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

Ok that was my bad for the HP part. I fixed it. What i meant was No HP in single. But so far its 1 - 1 on the HP being allowed.

i dont find that ress should be limited. Makes it more tactical :O

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2009 12:37 AM by Pyronic.)
06-30-2009 12:36 AM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

Well like we discussed, you can have an entree fee which will all go to the prize. For the White pots are they normal npc whites or ranked pots because there's a difference.

I think this is a great idea and it is something that heRO is really missing. I have a feeling that if this league goes as planned it should resurrect the dead PVP community this server has. (And give us something to do)

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
06-30-2009 01:10 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

not really, i mean either way i think they'll take out the HP first regardless, though if you allow for resurrection then why not just have your other team members bring in ygg leaves? unless of course you're not allowing those on your consumables, then the only real strategy is to take out the HP, which will be difficult regardless.

strategy after that is pretty moot in either case as there won't be the possibility of res'ing the HP unless you had multiple HP in the party.

i think it would make it far more interesting to make it so that there's no res'ing at all, once a team member dies they're gone from the arena or what have you.

though instead of having scheduled PvP tournaments, i think it would be somewhat better to set it up so that any time you wanted to get a few friends together for a tournament then you could do so.
06-30-2009 01:15 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Either make it no pots or pots.

PVP should handle that Frogboy, when they die afters getting ressed usually they get kicked anyways.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
06-30-2009 01:21 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I like the idea of teams.
Btw, if you limit HP in 1vs1 you almost should do the same to Linker since they can stall nearly just as long as any priest can if played right :s

I'm for allowing them, because some priests and linkers are amazingly tactical and have great ways to actually kill you.

Um that's about all I have for now, I agree with the entry fee too, its like betting on yourself to win and it will make it easier on you guys to host without having to dig too deeply in your own pockets. Icon_smile

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-30-2009 01:34 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

I don't even PvP, and I like the idea.

Some sort of scoreboard or running tally of wins and loses, too?

Inasad
stop doing dickers
06-30-2009 01:44 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i don't pvp, but i must say that this is a good initiative No1

furthermore, if it's a league setting, i agree with Aaronock on how skillful HPs and SLs can at least get a draw. Perhaps it would be wise to allow draw negotiations to be discussed by each participant before the match.
would be easily counted with the 3-1-0 league scoring system.

as for pots, to make it fair (and a proper zeny sink) i would say that we should limit those pots to NPC pots Ok

ygg leaves and bgems should also be limited (probably in the same way -> 5 ygg / team and 20 bgems / team)
you should also ration out limits for other consumables such as red gems, ADs, etc perhaps?

as for prizes, i believe Tripp basically summed it up...

-w-
06-30-2009 01:44 AM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

Honestly, I don't think any skill should be restricted. Skills are there to players for them to use especially in a Team PVP. Remember resurrection has a delay and having more hp in party just reduces the amount of damage dealing players. So you need to know what you need to balance to have a successful team. Also the winner will be won through skill and talent not luck, so for team battles I say all is fair game skill wise.

1vs1 battles are a different deal since no teamwork is involved. If you're going to do a league I suggest sticking to either TEAM or 1vs1 only, not both simultaneously.(Personally Team is best imo).

Item restriction, definitely. Fish gtfo.

EDIT::::
Forgot to mention the fight times. The only way to make this work without noobs bailing out mid-tournament would be to do it on different days. All past pvp events (including ToH) always have that fool that ditches mid event. So having a set date for your team to fight will give the players time to prepare and avoid this ditching problem.

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2009 01:58 AM by Jasper.)
06-30-2009 01:55 AM