Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Socket Enchantable Custom Hats!
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Big Grin Socket Enchantable Custom Hats!

I think it would be great if the rare-drop custom hats like aqualing hat, mystcase hat, etc. could be socket enchantable through that official server quest! Icon_biggrin (y'know, this one: The Socket Enchant Quest)

These hats already kinda flood the server which is why we see shops with 10 aliza hats at a time, and custom poring hats selling for less than 10k. Making them socket enchantable would be a "sink" for them, and also give struggling new-to-the-server players a potential chance to make a valuable item!

I don't think it would be a good idea to make Hatter Hats socket enchantable since that would just make them even rarer and harder to get for anyone but the richest players, but for the rare-drop ones imho it would be great Ok

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
06-30-2009 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Socket Enchantable Custom Hats!

wow i wouldn't value poring hats at more than 12z, but the notion that you could "sink" it is a good one. Perhaps it could be done, but it take quite a lot of scripting as you would need to make another item of each kind (this time with a slot in it), and you would have to edit the scripts for the socket enchanter.

It would be a good thing too for the socket enchanter to gather some chump change. ex: 5k z and 1 iron or 1 iron ore a pop would add to the value of irons and iron ore (as getting steel is so easy that ppl don't seem to bother with those aforementioned items... xP)

-w-
07-01-2009 12:29 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

i'm not sure i'd want the myst case hat socket enchantable though. i think it could become potentially broken with the card combo sets.

i mean imagine getting both the merchant and alchemist set cards and having the myst case hat and a second slotted headgear (sunglasses, though i don't know of anyone if very many people having them), you could wear both sets each set boosting mammonite's damage by 20%, plus being a merchant class wearing the myst case hat will also boost your mammonite damage by 20%, throw in a two-hand axe with racial/elemental/size modifiers and you're one-shotting enemies with a level 10 mammo that you've no business one-shotting.
07-01-2009 01:29 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Fates approves, not that means much but yeh.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
07-01-2009 02:18 AM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE:??Socket Enchantable Custom Hats!

mahawirasd Wrote:wow i wouldn't value poring hats at more than 12z, but the notion that you could "sink" it is a good one. Perhaps it could be done, but it take quite a lot of scripting as you would need to make another item of each kind (this time with a slot in it), and you would have to edit the scripts for the socket enchanter.

It would be a good thing too for the socket enchanter to gather some chump change. ex: 5k z and 1 iron or 1 iron ore a pop would add to the value of irons and iron ore (as getting steel is so easy that ppl don't seem to bother with those aforementioned items... xP)

-w-

Yeah I know the poring hats are rather worthless besides being a cool novelty, but Aqualing and Sapling at least have *some* value. Getting a +5def hat is probably the best hat someone new to the server could hope to get anytime soon.

I agree about iron/iron ore needing some use.. as it is now I see miners just throwing it away Thinking

Thanks to all so far for putting in your thoughts and opinions No1

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
07-01-2009 09:18 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i don't think it works that way frogboy...

i'm quite sure you can't have 2 slots in your footgear...

and of course the myst case hat is hax enough as it is, certainly it goes without saying that those hats shouldn't be slot-enchantable...

-w-
07-01-2009 11:09 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

i'm pretty sure you only need one footgear card wira, it's two headgear, two accessories, one armor, one weapon, and one footgear, meaning you could have both sets.
07-01-2009 11:27 AM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Yeah I think Frogboy is right... but the chance of getting a slotted mid headgear is next to nothing so if someone actually gets one, don't they deserve a hax reward? Icon_twisted

Anyway, I kinda want a Myst Case Hat slotted with a Myst Case Card.... Cry
Maybe in the event of special rare-drop hats like Myst Case Hat, the stats go down when you slot it?

Gravity does this all the time, e.g. making an Earring[0] lose 1 int when you socket enchant it into an Earring[1].

Maybe for Myst Case Hat, when you socket enchant it, it's Mammonite bonus decreases down to 10% or 5%? I think that would make a lot of senseIcon_suprised

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2009 02:54 PM by Naruhodo.)
07-01-2009 02:53 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

emm, but IIRC that's not the way combos work...

AFAIK, cards that are comboed are "tied" to that combo, meaning that you would have to find another of each card.
So on paper, to have the merch AND alch combo, one would have to equip:
* Baby Leopard, Raggler, Zipper Bear, Hylozoist & Myst Case Card
* Holden, Raggler, Zipper Bear , Muka, Baby Leopard Card

meaning you need 2 baby leopards, 2 zippers, 2 ragglers, 1 muka, 1 myst case, 1 holden, and 1 hylozoist.

you can undoubtedly use the wings effect for 2 baby leopards, and finding a 2-slot axe for the zippers. However, you still can't get 2 raggler cards...

and AFAIK, i'm probably the only guy in the server crazy (AKA: foolish) enough to double a particular job's card set... So i know that those cards are "tied" when you combo them...

-w-
07-01-2009 09:23 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

If I was really diligent, I'd go to some test server with 100% card drop rates, easy-to-get slotted mid headgear, and test this out once and for all.

But I'm not that diligent, so I'll take your word for it xD

And well, in that case, having a slotted myst case hat wouldn't be unbalanced after all Icon_biggrin

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
07-01-2009 09:57 PM