Total 25 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mining or Fishing?
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Mining or Fishing?

I'm currently working on both system and both are near completion, but I wanna concentrate on one for now.

I like both ideas, so I'll let democracy decide ^_^

Here's a little preview of each:

Mining:
After learning how to mine and purchasing some picks you'll be able to mine at specific spots in a cave. You'll be able to find some ores and stones and maybe more, but be careful because the rock is so hard that your pick might break often!

Fishing:

After learning how to fish, how to craft your rod and after purchasing some baits, you'll be able to fish at specific spots. The fish you will find are edible and will give you back some hp/sp, some more than others. Become more skillfull to catch better fishes. There will not be any fish that give any skills btw, but you might be surprised by what kinda stuff you catch!

Both system allow you to gain points which make you better. I will do my best to ensure that both are balanced (eg. price of bait/pick, weight of items, rarety, etc.)

Poll ends in 3 days and I think we could have the chosen one implemented by next weekend (unless I encounter some problems).

^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-28-2006 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: Mining or Fishing?

Yes mining!
Imma be one of the seven dwarfs! (sleepy prolly 'cause sleep should be a sport!)

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
01-28-2006 02:33 PM
Fionit Offline

yar!!! to fishing =0 <3 fish (remember XeRo) hehe

IGN: Fionit Stalker 95/66

[Image: guildsignature8lo.jpg]
01-28-2006 04:32 PM
SPIEGEL Offline
Malvados Corp.

Fighing ... look more funny ... like old games @_@

[Image: my.php?image=ddriori7iuqm8.gif] "No matter what happened, it's not my fault!"
01-28-2006 04:58 PM
LightRocket Offline
Mandeh Man

Mining. You don't see many (if any, I don't look through too many of the top-site entries) servers advertising mining, so it's relatively original, at least. Plus ores are my blood-enemy. You hear me, coal?! You heeeeeeaaaar meeeeee?!

Five hundred doors
and forty more
I think are in Valhalla:
Eight hundred heroes
go through a door at once
When they go to fight the wolf.
01-28-2006 05:24 PM
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

Mining, the ores would bring more life into the economy. If you do add fishing, it's not gonna be how XeRO's was, is it? x.x

That was so incredibly abused...

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
01-28-2006 05:57 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

We will make sure it's a "bonus", not "the only way to actually be competitive".

And mining-ahoy! Icon_smile

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
01-28-2006 06:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Sodo Wrote:Mining, the ores would bring more life into the economy. If you do add fishing, it's not gonna be how XeRO's was, is it? x.x

If you read my post I do mention the following:

"There will not be any fish that give any skills btw"

"I will do my best to ensure that both are balanced (eg. price of bait/pick, weight of items, rarety, etc.)"

Icon_wink

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-28-2006 07:39 PM
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

GM-Pandora Wrote:
Sodo Wrote:Mining, the ores would bring more life into the economy. If you do add fishing, it's not gonna be how XeRO's was, is it? x.x

If you read my post I do mention the following:

"There will not be any fish that give any skills btw"

"I will do my best to ensure that both are balanced (eg. price of bait/pick, weight of items, rarety, etc.)"

Icon_wink

=D I missed that section. Hooray! Icon_razz

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
01-28-2006 08:49 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

GM-Pandora Wrote:I'm currently working on both system and both are near completion, but I wanna concentrate on one for now.

I like both ideas, so I'll let democracy decide ^_^

Here's a little preview of each:

Mining:
After learning how to mine and purchasing some picks you'll be able to mine at specific spots in a cave. You'll be able to find some ores and stones and maybe more, but be careful because the rock is so hard that your pick might break often!

Fishing:

After learning how to fish, how to craft your rod and after purchasing some baits, you'll be able to fish at specific spots. The fish you will find are edible and will give you back some hp/sp, some more than others. Become more skillfull to catch better fishes. There will not be any fish that give any skills btw, but you might be surprised by what kinda stuff you catch!

Both system allow you to gain points which make you better. I will do my best to ensure that both are balanced (eg. price of bait/pick, weight of items, rarety, etc.)

Poll ends in 3 days and I think we could have the chosen one implemented by next weekend (unless I encounter some problems).

^_^

I don't even play here, so I technically don't count, but I'm giving my opinion anyways >_>;;

Mining:
Is it just stones and ores? Most good players can just go out and farm those from shroom and Skele Workers and such (in the Coal Mines XD). I personally think it sounds uninteresting, other than maybe to a good Hunter, for Arrow Create. It sounds like a zeny-maker, but slow at that.

Fishing:
If it's only hp/sp fish, that's fine, as long as the weight is balanced accordingly. If a fish that heals as much as a ygg doesn't weigh at least as much as a ygg, that automatically throws yggs out of favor. Weight distribution amongst the fishes will be your biggest problem. Thankfully, you're not giving skills to fish, although it may make WoE a bit more interesting, it'll through around balance...

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-29-2006 08:44 AM