Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day!
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day!

Shooting is complete and it's set to release November 1!??=3

Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait!

More info!
Fun trivia facts for the first movie:
  • Due to the Columbine High School shootings many movies depicting mass amounts of violence were blacklisted from being shown in theaters for a short time.??Boondock Saints was one of these movies (only shown in five theaters for a single week) and henceforth suffered a lack of reviews and a very low rating.??Nonetheless, it picked up a huge cult following after its DVD/Video release.
  • Due to lengthy court battles a sequel was denied by writer Troy Duffy.??However, due to fervent fans desiring a sequel, Duffy resolved the aforementioned legal issues and a sequel was put into production.
  • Mark Wahlberg was sought to play one of the MacManus brothers, but passed for Boogie Nights (thank god...Could you imagine Marky Mark with a phony Irish accent on a mission from god???LoL)
  • Patrick Swayze, Syvestor Stallone, Bill Murray, and Mike Myers were all considered for Willem Dafoe's role as FBI agent Smecker (again, thank god >_> ).
  • All of the lead roles (the MacManus brothers and agent Smecker) were casted by writer/director Troy Duffy after Miramax pulled out of the project.
  • Had a $6,000,000 budget but only grossed $30,471.
  • Writer/Director Troy Duffy saw none of the money from the sales of DVD/Videos having signed away the DVD/Video rights to Indican Pictures.
  • Was inspired by writer/director Troy Duffy's disgust at seeing a drug dealer stealing money from a woman's corpse when he decided people like that should just die.

Is anyone else as excited about this as I am???I've been waiting ten years for this!??*bounce bounce bounce*

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
07-11-2009 03:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zen Offline
I desire cookies!

RE: Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day!

@____@
wow! yes! I loved the first movie <3 :3
thank you for finding this or I would have missed the info x3 lol nice *thumbs up*

I Yue I - Nya, Kya Pshew Wua?
Hinoyagi Eraleth - Hot Wizard :3
10-02-2009 10:35 PM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

RE: Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day!

ooo Its getting close to release day o: I should phone my brother.
10-20-2009 08:43 PM