Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kill Steal Complaints
foxyvixen Offline

Kill Steal Complaints

Kill steal gets very annoying and thus should not be tolerated because basically it's disrespectful. Currently, as a solution for this is through taking screen shots of the crime. However, I do have complaints about this process. As a fellow member of this community, I deserve one of the basic purposes of this game--to enjoy the game, in general. But if there is someone "KS-ing" out there, take a screen shot, how fast can you or I take one? How good the evidence could it be? Could you predict the character will attempt ksing? What if the suspected kser is just passing by and it happens it pass through exactly where the monster stood? In the end, didn't happen to be a kill stealer, right? What if an UNSUSPECTED kill stealer does the deed but you didn't expect he/she would? You lose your exp and forced to comply to give a share or maybe sometimes you miss out the exp at all.

So, for the sake of my (and everybody's) convenience, my opinion of the screen shot process would keep the player anxious or paranoid. I suggest the @noks command that would disable the kill stealer to hit a monster (e.g. when he/she attempts to ks, all his/her attacks will result as a miss). Wouldn't that be fair?

But, I won't let myself be biased. I have witness the disadvantages of the @noks command. Sometimes a jerk hits a monster once so he/she could have noks command is under his/her name on the monster and leaves it not killed.

For example, a knight hits a banshee once with his/her @noks command on and then the knight teleports to another place within the same map so when another party runs through the banshee, (the noks-ed one) they couldn't kill it because it is under the command (note: as long as the person using the noks command is in the same map, the noks is always active but if not in the same map, it is deactivated). Thus the party will have to suffer. That is the advantage of the @noks command.

HOWEVER, as long as the @noks commands notifies the party about the abuser's name of the monster, then it can be reported smoothly and much easier with a screenshot because it is displayed in the chatbox.

This is my preference and everybody has their own. This is just a suggestion so if anybody agrees, it would be nice. If someone is opposed to the idea, then let's hear out all the suggestions for the betterment of this RO community, right?
07-11-2009 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Kill Steal Complaints

I can see people running around Mosco hitting every mob they can, outrunning it, then coming back to having most of the map to themself.

Maybe not just for leveling purposes, but if they are one of those people who like to disrupt the leveling of others at these places. (Looking at you, Mosco DB/BBers. << )

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2009 12:16 PM by Ellie.)
07-11-2009 12:15 PM
Asakura Yoh Offline

If ever someone will KS me, I will just ignore him/her but if she will continue.. I will take Screenies and report him/her.. *problem solved*
07-12-2009 12:32 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't see the point of the @noks command. I think @noks is more problems than help after reading a few things about it on our testing and development section recently.

Anyway, if there is seriously an issue of a player ksing you and as they approach you get ready to screen them for it. Tell them politely if they do it a few times to stop, screen that you did that. Next show screens of them doing the dirty deed. If it is that much of a problem where you can't get a report rallied, tell your friends about them if they are training in spots you are to help you catch the troublemaker in his act.

However don't try to be a jerk in return and call them names or harass them and whatnot *though it probably would make many feel better to do that.*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-12-2009 03:28 AM
Riza Offline
Frozen Heart

Isnt it possible to modify @noks, so it will just work as long as a player (who actually activated it) is in a certain range of that mob (and not the whole map)?

Riiiza - (to rebirth asap) Alchemist - 79/43
Riiza - (dex/int is everything) Wizard - 72/4x

"Amor Mio" - Valminirth - 57
09-03-2009 03:42 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Currently @noks is pretty... inflexible. It applies to any and everything too, including MvPs which to heRO is FFA being the biggest problem. It has problems even in party or when you are trying to leech players (with all players NOT being afk) Like what Aaronock said, it produces more problems than help with the super long timer and all.

I still have some faith in heRO players that we are all reasonably mature that we don't need commands to regulate everything, but we can all work out problems sensibly. If not, community can and should use logs, screenshots and even other players nearby as eye witnesses, provide all these info to GMs by support ticket and let GM handle the rest.

09-03-2009 04:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Astroboi Away

RE:??Kill Steal Complaints

GM-Ayu Wrote:Currently @noks is pretty... inflexible. It applies to any and everything too, including MvPs which to heRO is FFA being the biggest problem. It has problems even in party or when you are trying to leech players (with all players NOT being afk) Like what Aaronock said, it produces more problems than help with the super long timer and all.

That isn't true, at least the inflexible part. In my previous server, the @noks command didn't take effect when it came to MVPs, it could also be set to allow party and or guild to hit the monsters, and can be easily turned off temporarily when it comes down to leeching. It also had a time limit of... 10 seconds? I don't remember, from the moment a monster stops pursuing a player to prevent the "1 dude hitting every mavka in the map" mentioned above.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2009 04:14 AM by Astroboi.)
09-03-2009 04:11 AM
Riza Offline
Frozen Heart

RE: ??Kill Steal Complaints

Astroboi Wrote:In my previous server, the @noks command didn't take effect when it came to MVPs, it could also be set to allow party and or guild to hit the monsters, and can be easily turned off temporarily when it comes down to leeching. It also had a time limit of... 10 seconds? I don't remember, from the moment a monster stops pursuing a player to prevent the "1 dude hitting every mavka in the map" mentioned above.

yes, the same here. Thats also because I made this question here.

Quote:I still have some faith in heRO players that we are all reasonably mature that we don't need commands to regulate everything, but we can all work out problems sensibly. If not, community can and should use logs, screenshots and even other players nearby as eye witnesses, provide all these info to GMs by support ticket and let GM handle the rest.

That's not always the problem. For example you level as mage at Geos and cast your spell on a Geo and see too late that its been attacked yet by someone else, but you can't interrupt your cast anymore - KS by accident.
Or can happen using a hunter too. They can have a wide range to attack, but might not see another attacker on the other side.
Or with an homunculus. although taking care, it can still happen (unless theres a noks option in mirai, i just didnt find yet <.< )

And thats the main reason.. idc that much about being ksed, but to accidently ks someone else..

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2009 04:39 AM by Riza.)
09-03-2009 04:37 AM
Windslip II Offline
Patience in a Punt

RE:??Kill Steal Complaints

How effective do you all think range & timeout limits would be in preventing @noks abuse?

http://www.explodingdog.com/january2/sosadtogoback.html
^/^_______________^/^
_-_________________[]
09-03-2009 11:18 AM
Riza Offline
Frozen Heart

RE: ??Kill Steal Complaints

GM-Windslip Wrote:How effective do you all think range & timeout limits would be in preventing @noks abuse?

actually I think it would solve the problem of abusing the command.

If there are still doubts (but the modify is possible) then why not try out a few days before finally implementing it?

09-03-2009 11:28 AM