Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Awakening
JarekMace4 Offline
Suspended on Silver Wings

Awakening

"Clank! Clank! Clank!" the sound of a person running in heavy armor echoed through the caves. "My god, Delita." a voice was heard within the darkness. It was a rather deep voice, and it sounded a bit unnatural."You do realize that we are supposed to be travelling rather stealthily, right? Why don?t you just shout at the top of your lungs and alert the few creatures that reside down here that DONT know we are here already." The clanking contined, after a low growl emanated from the same area the clanking was. The first voice let out a sigh as the duo moved forward through the pitch black cave.
????The clanking stopped about four minutes later. A pair of flames suddenly jumped up on the sides of the duo, illuminating the cave a little bit, and the two voices were finally given bodies. The first one, whom was called Delita, was of an elven lineage. He had pointed ears sticking out from his shoulder-length silver hair. His eyes were a very similar color to his hair, and had a bit of a twinkle in them, although a gigantic scar went from the upper corner of his right eye, across the bridge of his nose, and along his cheek down to his chin. He was rather tall, standing about 5?11. He was clad in leaf-green armor with the insignia of a leaf falling from a tree engraved in the center. His vambraces, legplates, and shoulderplates all had this same insignia on them..perhaps it was his clan.??He was also basically a walking arsenal. He had a pair of longswords sheathed on his back, as well as an oak wood bow. Dangling from his waist on either side, from his belt, were a pair of thin, but very sharp looking??rapiers, and in his hands he wielded an enormous, serrated battle axe. He looked over towards his partner. "Vivinus...you?d better get ready for battle..i dont like the feel of this." Delita spoke in a soft tone. It really did not fit how menacing he looked, especially with the scar on his face.
????The one known as Vivinus, stepped back a little bit quietly and reached to the spear on his back, pulling it free from its cozy confinement. Vivnus was also tall, however there werre some key differences between himself and Delita. For one, he was about five inches shorter. Secondly, his eyes were red, like that of a ruby. His skin was also much darker than Delita?s..Delita had a bit of a pale complexion, but Vivnus? was much darker, and was tinted blue. His Hair was dark blue,almost black, like that of the night sky on a cloudless night. He was clad in leather armor, unlike Delita?s metallic armor, although his armor had the same insignia that Delita?s did. Vivnus too, had a scar, but his was in the shape of a crescent moon, from left eye to chin. Lastly, Vivinus had a crossbow dangling at either side of him from his belt, instead of rapiers like Delitas.
???????? Slowly, the duo began to creep forward. As soon as they passed the first set of flames, another one appeared on either side of them, casting shadows along the walls of the now dimly lit cave, dancing. This pattern continued for about ten sets of flames, until suddenly, they stopped appearing. Delita took another step forward..and then many many flames appeared, forming a gigantic circle. Lights began to fly acrossed the ground form flame to flame, forming a pentagon beneath the duo. Delita looked forward..but saw nothing, which was rather odd. He could feel another prescence for sure. He then growled "Come on out, I know you are here!!!!" Delita yelled.
??????"Tee Hee..." A mischievous female voice echoed through the room. "You are very observent, Delita Blackblade, of the Falling Leaf." Delita?s expression changed from angry, to shocked.
???? "H..How did you know my name?" Delita responded, as he??tightened his grip on his axe.
???? "It?s very simple," the voice responded. "I know many things, I am, after all, as old as time itself." Laughter then filled the room, as a shadow appeared before them, on the other side of the room. Slowly a woman materialized. First, fiery red hair appeared, it would probably have gone to the middle of the back had it not been flowing upwards. Next, the face materialized. Blood red eyes, full of hatred and evil...ruby red lips, sexy and seductive. There were also pointed ears, maybe she was an elf too. And, most importantly, runic markings appeared all over her face. Next the rest of her body appeared, however it was mostly covered. Long, elbow lengh black gloves, a black corset, tied so tightly it pulled ehr already slim figure into an hourglass figure.a long, black skirt fell to the floor, with slits in the sides revealing thigh high black boots. Every piece was made of what semeed to be lace, and therew was an insignia of a raven etched in many different spots on the various pieces of clothing.
???? Vivinus looked at the woman with a puzzled expression on his face. "So..beautiful...yet so evil..You feel it too, right Del?" Vivnus asked, and Del quickly responded with a nod. Vivnus then charged forward pulling his spear up and bringing it down in a slash..however it went right through this woman, as if she wasnt really there. She let out a cackle, and held her hand forward and a blast of energy sent Vivinus tumbling backward."
????"So handsome, yet so agressive.." The woman giggled. "How about you, Delita, are you agressive like your friend over there?" Delita just held his ground, taking up a defensive position.
????"I cant strike a woman no matter how evil they may be." Delita responded, trying to be the chivalrous one. At this time, Vivinus had gotten back to his feet, and prepared for another charge.
?????????? "Oh how precious, Delita is trying ot be all chivalrous and heroic." The woman giggled again, when suddenly Vivinus charged at her again. She held her hand out once more, and Vivnus was stopped in his tracks. She lifted her arm, and Vivinus? feet fere lifted off the ground. She pulled her arm twards her body, pulling Vivinus towards her.
???????? "What the hell?!?!" Vivinus screamed as he flailed wildly in the air. "Del! Help me!!" Delita began to shake a little and shook his head.
????????"I..I..can?t...I can?t attack a woman.." Delita responded, with a very shaky voice. When Vivinus was close enoguh to her, she reached out and grabbed him, holding him by the collar as if he was nothing. she used her other hand to tip his head to the side, before bringing her face down and ripping her fangs, that neither of them had noticed before, into the side of his neck, she then let him fall to the ground, unconscious, and began making hand gestures towards Delita.
?????? Delita stopped shaking suddenly. "You..You bitch!!!" He screamed. "What did you do to him?!?!"
?????? She finished whatever she was doing with her hands as the cavern began to shake, and it even collapsed behind Delita, preventing him from going back. "Oh, You wont have to worry about fighting me," she said with a huge grin on her face. "When he comes to, he will be my devoted servant, eternally, and you?ll be fighting he...him, but that also requires you to getout of here alive, which you wont."
?? Shecackled maniacally as she floated down and grabbed Vivinus. "The only way you can save him is by absorbing the power of the 12stones, and defeating me, but there is no chance you will be able to do that, since like i said before, you wont be leaving here alive. There are many dangers lurking ahead in this cave, and if you want to get out youll have to defeat them." The woman pouted a little as she and Vivins began to fade form existance. Her voice was still able ot be heard though. "I want to play with you some more, Delita, so part of me hopes you get out of here alive."
????Delita fell to a knee, crying, as the pentagram disappeared from below him. However, the flames still remained, and the cavenr continued to shake. Delita got back up to his feet after a monent or two. Suddenly, a few of the flames converged in front of him into what vaguely looked like a being. It was a fire elemental, luckily it was only a small one, and Delita should be able to defeat it. He became slightly enraged, at the thought of his best friend serving that bitch eternally. He was determined to save him as he swung his axe full force at the fire elemental, cleaving it into nothingness, although his axe caught on fire from the blow. He dropped it, because it got hot to the touch very fast. Unfortunately for him, the flames spread and soon the room was almsot engulfed in flames.
???????? "Vivinus...I dont care what it takes, I?m going to save you...if its the last thing I do." Delita vowed. He leapt forward into the flames trying to get to the other side. It was weird. The flames didnt even touch him, its as if they parted to let him through. What was going on? He moved forward down a long corridor, pulling one of his swords from its sheathe. The cavern continued to collapse, as he ran forward, it was if every step he took more of the cave fell. He had a few close calls, but eventually the corridor opened up into a giant room. Delita wasnt paying attention to the ground below him, and he soon found himself running on air.
?????? "Oh...shi....." Delita couldnt finish his sentence, because he plummeted downward. He seemed to fall endlessly..but suddenly.. SPLASH!!! he hit water, hard, knocking the wind out of him. He began to sink, and paniced, he ripped off his armor and let it sink as he sheathed his sword and swam back to the surface.
????He was in a beautiful cavern. It looked like it had been undisturbed for many many years, perhaps even hundreds. He looked up in the general direction he fell from, and it was a gigantic waterfall, he saw the wall where he came out of seem to close up as if there was never a cave there. That was another thing..this caern was very well lit. Delita wondered what it was from, but his question would soon be answered as he looked around the room. In the middle of the lake there was a gigantic stone. Delita swam over towards it, as he got closer, he noticed that there was someone, or something trapped inside the stone. Now, Delita was a very headstrong person, so he reached out and touched it. A blinding light filled the room, and when it subsided, Delita began to hear a voice in his head.
????"Young warrior..." the voice began to speak. "Your bravery is what brought you here. Now, let me tell you a story."
????????????As the voice began to speak, Delita?s weapons all suddenly shattered, but, he ignored it, lsitening to the voice. "Eight hundred years ago, a demonic evil threatened this land. A woman had appeared, and was destroying every single town and city she came acrossed. Nobody was able to stop her. Many warriors tried but they were felled one after hte other, their souls absorbed into her being, granting her more and more power. Eventually, a group of 12 warriors were brought together. They were not normal warriors. Each one was the most powerful one in their country. I am one of these warriors. My name is Tierra, warrior of earth.Even our combined might was not enough to fell this demonic woman..however, we were able to seal her away...but the seal would not last forever, it would get released after eight hundred years, and she would once again threaten this world."
????"Wait a second..." Delita interrupted.
???????????? The voice immediately interrupted Delita right back. "Yes, the woman you saw back there was her. her name is Tallia Castleseeker."
????"Okay..." Delita responded. "But what does this have to do with me? cant you warrior people just rise up and seal her again?"
????"We have grown far too weak to be able to do that.." the voice spoke again. "However, in this world, there are another 12 with power similar to ours. Your bravery has proven you are one of these destined ones. You are also destined ot be the leader."
????"What?! No way...the only thing I care about is saving my friend." Delita responded.
????"The only way to save him is to fufill this destiny. You must seek out the other eleven, as well as the other eleven stones. Each one of us will put our remaining power into a weapon. Also, there is alot more ot this story than I have been able to tell you, and each stone you find, you will learn more." The voice spoke once again.
????"I guess I have no choice, do I?" Delita responded. "Very well."
????"Be warned, this will NOT be an easy journey, You will face many of Tallia?s demons, as well as the many beast that roam this world. There will be many obstacles and hardships."
????"I Understand, Tierra. I accept my destiny."
????"I knew you would, you are just like me." As Tierra finished her sentence, the voice stopped, and another bright light filled the room, and when it subsided, the stone was gone and in its place, on the platform rested a battle axe, with a brownish tint to it.
Delita swam over to it, and pulled himself out of the lake, he gripped the hilt, and Tierras voice came into his head again. "This axe is called Gaia, you, and only you can wield this, and only you can hear my voice. Each one of the other 11 you are meant ot seek out will each get a weapon of their own. Now, I dont know where most of the stones are, but, when you leave here, there will be a tavern about a days journey east. Go there and you will meet your next companion, and they should lead you to the next stone." The voice subsided again, and Gaia began to glow, as the room around Delita disappeared into nothingness. Delita closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, he was in a field. And thus Delita began travelling eastward, towards the tavern Tierra had told him about. This world was indeed strange, first he had lost all his skills..and now all of this..what would be next?

"I'm not going there to die, I'm going the to find out if I really am alive" ~Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop

Sarina Farsight- 7x/4x Dancer
Andaria Silverleaf-7x/4x Priest
Culain- 7x/4x Rogue
Delita Blackblade- 7x/4x Knight
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2009 02:20 AM by JarekMace4.)
07-16-2009 02:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JarekMace4 Offline
Suspended on Silver Wings

RE: Awakening

sorry if it seems a bit long. trying to introduce waaaay too many chars at once =/

"I'm not going there to die, I'm going the to find out if I really am alive" ~Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop

Sarina Farsight- 7x/4x Dancer
Andaria Silverleaf-7x/4x Priest
Culain- 7x/4x Rogue
Delita Blackblade- 7x/4x Knight
07-16-2009 02:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply