Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Correspondence Chess, anyone?
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Correspondence Chess, anyone?

Aqualys, I wouldn't have put my knight in check in the first place so early on in the game. I'm more on the conservational side of chess. You could say I play quiet games, although I do seek vengeance once the game heats up. =p

maha, I used to go to Yahoo, but, I dunno. There's something about the presence of the board and pieces that attracts me to chess. Just looking at a screen holds little interest to me.

Sepharius, chess through correspondence is the best! You get to know someone quite better than face-to-face. People seem to be less candid in print - more thoughtful. Ok

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
07-18-2009 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

Um... Just throwing this out there... What the hell is everyone saying? o.O

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
07-19-2009 04:14 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Correspondence chess = Chess played via correspondence.??Meaning that rather than playing over a board or video board (like when playing online) opponents rather send in their moves by way of some type of messaging system; be it mail, text, telephone, E-mail, PM, here in a thread, even homing pigeon.??Hell, you could write your move in the sky if you had the ability.??It's pretty much playing chess when not at the board.??Even two people who share a house can play.??Say, Jack wakes up in the morning and sees Jill's left a note reading, "f6 (that is, the sixth column to the left, sixth row down - from the light side, as that is the side we read from)," and sees a pawn resting on f6 (pawns are not notated with a letter like P).??He moves his bishop to f6, taking her pawn.??He leaves a note reading, "Bxf6 (Bishop captured a piece at f6)."

Everything else we're talking about is all strategy.??You'd have to study all that to make sense of it because I'm not going to try to explain it.??I need to go to bed soon.??xp

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
07-19-2009 04:34 AM