Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About Crusader.
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

About Crusader.

Greetings,

This is the first time I create a crusader which is grand cross build. I was wondering about some things.

How much does Angeling card reduce the damage?
Does DEF/MDEF affect the recoil? (exept 20%)
Does ATK affect the skill in any efficient way? (I ask because many GC build include 90+vit but exclude high str)

Any suggestion?
01-30-2006 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: About Crusader.

Low str for a GC build
more int and dex
mdef equip
angeling card helps a bunch

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
01-31-2006 01:16 AM
_Wind_ Offline
True Meaning of Fear: Me

comment - angelring stops all damage taken from the caster

Leader of the Former ~EX -Freelancer-

[Image: dssignature6zq.jpg]

If you Keep fighting, you'll be defeated eventually -
01-31-2006 03:05 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Correction - Angeling card doesn't prevent ALL damage. There are two parts to the damage to the caster of GC. One is the fixed kick back, the other is the kick back from damaging the enemy. Unless this was changed at some point and I didn't hear about it- the fixed damage will ALWAYS be there. Angeling or not- you'll take those hits. However, because the damage done BY GC is holy and therefor the knockback to the caster is holy as well, that damaged will be nulled. Still helps a lot though, especially when you're GCing larger mobs. x.x;;

I don't think def/ mdef will effect the knock back. I don't know it for a FACT, but I think because the knockback is based on the damage you do to the enemy, the damage you receive becomes a fixed amount. Right? I could be wrong.

Don't worry about strength so much. I think attack might effect the damage some..I'd have to check that out. I remember andre cards being a popular choice for GC builds. But for the most part, like Tenshi said, Int and Dex will be your main stats. Along with Vit of course. Int will effect the damage the most, and also because of the cost- you're going to need a lot of SP. The casting time is long, so more dex is essential. During GC, your defense is reduced to 1/3 too- not to mention you'll be damaging yourself. That's why I included Vit as a main stat. Survivability.

I also heard about a patch (Once more nerfing mobbing) that changed GC so if several monsters are stacked on the same tile- not all will take damage or something anymore. Icon_sad Just something you might want to be ready to deal with.
01-31-2006 03:40 AM
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

Actually the calculation (as seen in the game) is:
(500% * (ATK+MATK) *holy damage)

Or something like that...I know now that the angeling remove the received damage but doesn't nullify the 20% damage that can't be removed with anything.

But I was wondering why would ATK (which involves STR+Weapon) be useless? It seems to me that a 500atk + 500MATK grandcross would be very strong no?
01-31-2006 09:22 AM
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

Balmung Wrote:Actually the calculation (as seen in the game) is:
(500% * (ATK+MATK) *holy damage)

Or something like that...I know now that the angeling remove the received damage but doesn't nullify the 20% damage that can't be removed with anything.

But I was wondering why would ATK (which involves STR+Weapon) be useless? It seems to me that a 500atk + 500MATK grandcross would be very strong no?

But building STR instead of DEX would cause for a very slow cast time, and you want to be able to pull off a fast Grand Cross. DEX increases ATK also, but only the minimum, not the maximum.

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
01-31-2006 09:27 AM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

I tend to like full int (or close)
60-70 dex and rest splitted between vit and str.
01-31-2006 09:53 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

I don't really care about the speed for my build is for PvM not PvP, I don't PvP.

I want the most efficient GC with the best resisting possibility.

Got 50str, 50dex (reduce casting time by around 30%), 60int, 20 vit, 1 luck.

Keep in mind im not high level and never had the money for a reset but I don't think higher than 50 dex would be needed, i'd rather spend those points in vit/int

50 str + 90+ int makes a rather powerful grand cross, I lose more than half my hp casting GC, its more or less a suicide attack hehe.

Any suggestion about what I said? (keep in mind my build is entirely PvM, I don't PvP)
01-31-2006 09:58 AM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Even in pvm casting speed is very important. If you can cast GC twice as fast you need it to be half as strong Icon_wink
Int will make a much greater difference on damage then str will do, hence the reason to get int as high as possible as fast as possible. + if youre pure GC sader you probably use heal as well, which is also influenced by int.
01-31-2006 02:46 PM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

My best GC Sader stats are : 99 dex, 80 int rest to the str, and get all the dex cards.

Then get an angeling card, blue pots and you are ready to go! Icon_smile
01-31-2006 03:06 PM