Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
San Diego Comic-Con 2009
Flare Offline
These sinners never sin...

San Diego Comic-Con 2009

REPORT FROM THE SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON

It started off with some clouds overhead. It was fairly humid, so I was thankful that I brought with me a couple bottles of water that I stashed in the freezer, and one kept very cold. A couple who were behind me looked like they could use it, so I gave them one of the bottles.

Anyway, after an hour wait to get in, I headed right to the Floor, and started to check out some of the booths. I kinda felt bad for the people at the Square-Enix booth, as they were across one booth advertising some horror movie, and about every half-hour there was this loud, percing scream....*Shakes head* I got myself a copy of the Dissida Final Fantasy soundtrack, and found out there were no more tonberry plushies. Though they were going to have them in their store, which I might check out later.

I then checked out some of the booths for some of the webcomics I enjoy, such as Red vs. Blue, got the new DVD from them, AND they autographed it. And I was even complemented on my shirt by them. Icon_razz

By this point, it was lunchtime, and I went out to enjoy my lunch which I bought with me. My ankle, which has been bothering me some, was throbbing, and since I couldn't bring my meds for it with me, so I went and wrapped it, and it seemed to help some. I just kept off it for a little while, which was the best thing I could've done. The clouds have gone away, and I saw a P-51 flying around, so I kept trying to get pictures of that. Icon_razz

After lunch, I checked out some of the Star Wars stuff they had there. Including a life-size Clone Trooper made completely out of Legos. I was there for about an hour and a half, though by that point my ankle was going "Put me out of my misery!" so I figured it was time to go.

Did I get my money's worth? Hells yes.

And now: Pictures!

The say started off kinda grey, and this was all the way around the building, up near San Diego Harbor.
A very striking stature from Snow White
Lego. Rock. Band.
Final Fantasy 13 figurines for sale. :D
Phoenix!
A cool dragon I saw.
The back of the convention center, around lunchtime.
The P-51 I was trying to get a picture of. Though most of them came out that way. Eh, I tried though.
Even the pidgens get a tan in San Diego.
EXTERMITE!!
Yep. He was as big as me.
A few Jedi Fighters.
Not too often you see a Wedge figure.
An action scene. I wish I could've gotten more, but I couldn't get a good shot.
Eh, I like R2 more anyway.
I wonder how long that took...
An actual X-wing used in the movies. :D
Yoda, amongst Imps.*Not seen: Obi-Wan, but you can see his sabre.*
A better picture of them.
Look closely at R2.

I'll post pics of stuff I got later.

[Image: 97427070.png]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons
07-24-2009 04:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply