No, don't
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

The whole "aiming for emp-builds" thing is almost arbitrary.??Things may have changed since I last played, but when I last played those available all started hitting the emp together while a few others guarded the door.
Not everyone hitting the emp was an emp build.??Yet, whoever got that last hit in was the one to break the emp.??Although maybe two of the guys hitting the emp had the specific build, it was actually the new recruit who broke the emp sometimes.??I recall having my name on the announcement a few times and I have never had an emp-breaking build (this is on a server that had the announcement implemented, of course).??I just happened to either be the only one there to break the emp or the last guy to hit it.??No big deal.??Congratulations all around, even from those I took the castle from.??I got choice dibs on the treasure should we keep the castle and promises it wouldn't happen again from the opposition.

Sure I got singled out the next time I came into a castle, but that's not exactly to the loss of my guild more than losing any other pawn.??I'm not an emp-breaker.??I just happened to be there at the right time.

Regarding the above, btw, were this to be implemented guilds could always use it to their advantage and have someone who is most definitely not an emp-breaker take the last few swings and break the emp.??Then their name would be broadcast and the previous possessors of the castle would aim for him/her thinking they're a big, bad, emp-eating machine when - in fact - their, like, a low-level assassin.??Like I was (before I became a high-level assassin and pwned castles.??Evil ).

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 05:00 AM by Whispers.)
08-01-2009 02:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JJJ Offline
JJJ

sigh i'm sleepy so i haven't bothered to read many replies soooooooooo i'll just say my point XD

what i heard was "everyone already knows the emp breakers of all the guilds" honestly...... i find that idea rather harsh towards guilds that want to join heRO to WoE

so basically the counter arguments i've seen so far are all based on the fact that you already know all the emp breakers........ but that's horrible mean towards people who come here with a guild and expect to be able to WoE without getting giant targets on their back because of server features........

PS: in every single server i know NONE of them have accepted the idea of announcing the emp breakers name

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
08-01-2009 03:50 AM
Quesadilla Offline
SUPER ULTRA MEGA TACO GUY

My last server had this feature. I thought it was kinda cool but I didn't really care because I didn't WoE.
JJJ, when I was new I didn't know who the hell was or wasn't an emp breaker. I still don't know them all. I learn them anyways. If it's horribly mean to people new to WoE to expect them to learn who the emp breakers are, I think we should get rid of the emperium. That way, nobody would have to break it, and thus nobody would have to learn who normally breaks it.

Displaying the breaker's name would benefit more than it would detriment, and it barely even benefits. It's just a "natural male enhancement" for the breaker's e-peen. It can be used strategically but that would be kinda hard to plan. It wouldn't detriment because... let me put this in its own paragraph.

If an enemy sinx is attacking your emp, a freaking target should ALREADY BE PLANTED ON HIS HEAD WTF. Do you guys just not care when somebody is attacking your emp? Would this somehow CHANGE that? If a berserked LK comes storming into your emp room and starts smashing your emp, do you think the LK would be offended if you see him? NO. HE WON'T. NEITHER WILL THE SINX.

If the GMs decide to not add this, can they also make it so that LKs can hide and when SinXs and LKs hide they can attack the emp from their hidey hole? Just so that no targets are planted on their freaking heads when they're attacking, because a lot of people in this thread seem really concerned about being seen while emp-breaking and being expected in general. No, GM team, I don't understand it either. But I guess that's what the people want.

To̵ ̶͡i͢͠n̢̕v̕͜ǫ̀͢k͝e ͠thè͏̷ ̵̡̕h͏̶̴i͏͞v҉̕e͘͘-̷̵ḿi͡n͠d͜ ŗe͜͝p̶r҉̵e̡s̢ȩ̡n͏t҉͜i̷͢͡ng͏̨ c̸̀h̢̢̢à̧̢o͠͞s.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 04:13 AM by Quesadilla.)
08-01-2009 04:08 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

JJJ man, when you WoE for 2 months and your at the emp you see who is the breaker and who isn't. Even if it isn't your job to protect the emp, you see it in guild chat where people will yell out *SNOWBALL IS IN* or something like that.

This Feature can't hurt anyone unless they let it. And it being mean? WoE is friendly competition, but its still competition. And Competition is serious to alot of us.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-01-2009 04:32 AM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

RE:??Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Quesadilla Wrote:I still don't know them all. I learn them anyways.
this confused me greatly....... /hmm

also, i feel a great deal of what i meant has simply been..... missed?

it's obvious that you're going to kill who ever is bashing the crap out of the emp but if you publicly announce who does it every time they'll be shooting down that person before they even get to the emp..........

so in terms of a new guild and what i mean by this, if you have a new guild with a single emp breaker (I SAID IF!!!!!!) and that breaker has his name announced 5 times, everyone in the entire server will know to kill that person before they reach the emp room, not just the people that were around him

even having the announcement happen once is enough to put a target on the back of a new player, or even just an old one who made a different character which makes breaking the emp much harder then indented

it's the difference between having the entire server know what you're going to do, and trying to stop you before you do it, and simply having those who saw you do it trying to stop you

and i'm very well aware of the fact that over time you'll know the emp breakers and no offense, but that's just a sign of how not so good WoE is........ if you manage to memorize the name of every guild's emp breakers that that simply means you either have too much time on your hands, or there aren't enough emp breakers in the first place xD

<insert rant about the conditions WoE was designed for>

in summation (i don't say that too long bla bla thing):

it's not about letting a few people know, it's about letting the entire server know which can cause a huge difference if sayyyy someone new decided to join for WoE, or a guild decided to make a new emp breaker

PS: i wrote this over a long long long long long long <you get it> period XD so if there's anything wrong with that, it's probably me coming back like 40 minutes later to finish typing and i lost my train of thought

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
08-01-2009 06:02 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

I'm pretty sure that anyone who enters the opposition's castle is going to get attacked, not solely the person whose name was broadcast.??I know what you meant by singling this person out, but that isn't going to remove priority from the rest of the people on your turf.??[Image: Ono.gif]

Also, learning about the challenger is in no way a downfall; in fact it is the opposite.??Countries don't find it wise to go to war with other countries without knowing their capabilities, their strengths and weaknesses.??The same can be said for any sport.??They don't just run out onto the field/court/ring and play their usual game.??They research their opponent.??They find how they run their game and they use that to find where they need to boost their own defense and to find holes in the other team's/fighter's offense.??It's not too much time on your hands and it's not cheating.
It's called "being prepared".

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 06:23 AM by Whispers.)
08-01-2009 06:21 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE: ??Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

JJJ Wrote:so in terms of a new guild and what i mean by this, if you have a new guild with a single emp breaker (I SAID IF!!!!!!) and that breaker has his name announced 5 times, everyone in the entire server will know to kill that person before they reach the emp room, not just the people that were around him

it's not about letting a few people know, it's about letting the entire server know which can cause a huge difference

Answer:

Arte Wrote:If some new guy shows up and turns out to be an empbreaker (which means.. hitting the emp, people can SEE him) then he's gonna be flagged as an emp breaker as well.

This is all it takes to get one person flagged around the WoE community as an emp breaker, and become a top priority for everyone.

You say the problem is that not only the WoEing community will know this, but now also the rest of the server. Oh My! What will a breaker ever do if You, Ellie, Silk etc. find out?!

Just how big do you think this server's WoE community is? Its small as hell. As soon as someone is seen breaking an emperium, everyone knows about it... Everyone, even the people around the other castle will know in no time at all. Having its name announced won't make any real difference.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 10:14 AM by Kretzer.)
08-01-2009 10:12 AM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

I would be interested who gets flagged as the emp breaker, the one who dealt the most damage or the one who made the last hit? And according to that, which GUILD gets the castle if two guilds attack the emp at the same time?

However, I voted for yes. I like the idea and it wouldn't change anything (Quesa expressed my thoughts very well). It's just a fun thing.

And Kretz, get a funnier signature please XD

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
08-01-2009 10:37 AM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE: ??Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Really surprised there's this amount of argument going on over this lil idea >.>

Is it really that serious?

Also:
JJJ Wrote:and i'm very well aware of the fact that over time you'll know the emp breakers and no offense, but that's just a sign of how not so good WoE is...
<insert rant about the conditions WoE was designed for>
You do realize that on iRO everyone knows everyone's breakers as well? So what's your point? Icon_suprised And if there's someone new to WoE there's a simple formula. So let me break it down so there's no more confusion and every breaker on the server will be outed at once:

SinX = Breaker
Lord Knight = Breaker when the emp room is empty or there's no one to agi-down/aspersio after he berserks.

There, that wasn't too hard now was it? Icon_biggrin

(And before people start posting and telling me other classes break, I know, you're right. Wasn't trying to teach WoE tactics to everyone, just giving a glimpse of basic fundamentals)

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 10:53 AM by Ardney Wolf.)
08-01-2009 10:45 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:????Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Asperio is easily nullified with ED, even when zerked, and you don't always have priests on guard to agi down. Fates had managed to get to the emp and break multiple times on his LW on more than 1 Occasion after tanking the entire (or at least most) precast from the entrance of the emp, until the emp itself, and he still managed to break.

I myself am against the Idea, I feel it'll kill the jobs of the diversionary characters who get to the emp, and have the entire guild chase them around the emp room while the other people do their work.
08-01-2009 11:00 AM