No, don't
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE: Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Heh. Like I said, it wasn't an exhaustive break down of every scenario Icon_wink

But again, those diversionary characters you mentioned, what makes them useful? Is it their names? Do we honestly target them because we don't know any better? Not at all. They get targeted because they're either going to kill you, break your stuff, set some kind of status on you, or directly or indirectly make it harder to kill the breaker. Knowing the name of one of their breakers doesn't change this. The skills of the other classes don't suddenly stop working because someone's name is known.

Like I said originally, I don't care one way or another if this gets in. The reason for this is that it makes exactly ZERO difference in the way WoE plays out.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 02:48 PM by Ardney Wolf.)
08-01-2009 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Wait... You guys stop to chase the diversion while there's someone in your emp room actively breaking the emp?

If that's your tactic I think we have more problems than broadcasting the name of the emp breaker. Laugh

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
08-01-2009 02:21 PM
Astroboi Away

RE:????Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Kretzer Wrote:Oh My! What will a breaker ever do if You, Ellie, Silk etc. find out?!

I lol'd, thanks for this.

Zaratus Wrote:I would be interested who gets flagged as the emp breaker, the one who dealt the most damage or the one who made the last hit? And according to that, which GUILD gets the castle if two guilds attack the emp at the same time?

Always the last hit.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 02:48 PM by Astroboi.)
08-01-2009 02:45 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

I am asking since on my previous server it was most damage.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
08-01-2009 03:13 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE: ????Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Astroboi Wrote:
Kretzer Wrote:Oh My! What will a breaker ever do if You, Ellie, Silk etc. find out?!

I lol'd, thanks for this.

Arte, bear my children please.
08-01-2009 03:38 PM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

Whispers Wrote:I'm pretty sure that anyone who enters the opposition's castle is going to get attacked, not solely the person whose name was broadcast.??I know what you meant by singling this person out, but that isn't going to remove priority from the rest of the people on your turf.??[Image: Ono.gif]

but it's all about priority, i'd rather shoot down the emp breaker before anyone else, and without a emp breaker it does make taking the castle a little harder

Kretzer Wrote:
Arte Wrote:If some new guy shows up and turns out to be an empbreaker (which means.. hitting the emp, people can SEE him) then he's gonna be flagged as an emp breaker as well.

This is all it takes to get one person flagged around the WoE community as an emp breaker, and become a top priority for everyone.

i don't think every guild in heRO sits in an single castle......... do they? o.O (no seriously i don't even know how many castles are open >.>)

Ardney Wolf Wrote:You do realize that on iRO everyone knows everyone's breakers as well? So what's your point? :suprised: And if there's someone new to WoE there's a simple formula. So let me break it down so there's no more confusion and every breaker on the server will be outed at once:

SinX = Breaker
Lord Knight = Breaker when the emp room is empty or there's no one to agi-down/aspersio after he berserks.

that's the reason why some of the hardcore guilds on iRO stop using their emp breakers and make new ones, they also change the classes that are the breakers so they don't get shot down as fast..........

not every assassin cross is a breaker, neither is every lord knight, people can go make a novice that breaks emps (yes i'm serious, hatred was famous for doing this to people....) class and level don't matter in WoE unless everyone plays using the same battle plans xD sometimes the most unexpected thing will be the best plan to break the emp~

but ya do note all of what i said can be void since my WoE tactics are reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyy​yyyyyyyy oldddddddddddddddddddddddddddd expect for that hatred comment, he still does that today XD

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 05:14 PM by JJJ.)
08-01-2009 05:13 PM
Dilla Offline
Ur Moms

RE: ??Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Astroboi Wrote:
Arkanis Wrote:I said no, only for strategics mean.

I keep repeating myself with this; it doesn't apply to heRO. What strategics mean? Let's take your guild Revenga, it usually has around 6-12 active WoErs and only 1 potential emp breaker in Damakie. Are we supposed to believe that she's just a lure and Garess or Elodie is the real emp breaker? I don't think so.

We have a limited number of WoErs and most of them (those who stand out, emp breakers all included in this) are already flagged. DD has ClouDyMonday, LoA has Jaqounet and Gorium, Behemoth has Izael, Dilla, sometimes Bala and Guillermo (forthelulz), NE has Angel Fates and Zerosk, and sometimes their soul linkers, Bamboo has FireFly etc, etc. If you really were unaware of these names, then you havent WoEd in the past few months. If some new guy shows up and turns out to be an empbreaker (which means.. hitting the emp, people can SEE him) then he's gonna be flagged as an emp breaker as well. Let's say I'm owning a castle and lose it, and see FireFly broadcasted as emp breaker; well he was already a priority, he still managed to break. It just happens, nothing's gonna change. If I see Tulwar as the emp breaker, I might just have a laugh and PM him to congratulate him, he's still a clown who had a lucky break and it's not likely to happen again, nothing's gonna change.

If you don't care much about the feature or don't have any stronger argument, why not just be a fair sport and let others have their share of fun with it? Is it too demanding?

you got ours pretty wrong and Id rather not have something that will relieve all doubts

Dilla 99/70 Assassin Cross
Deals 5x/4x Merchant
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 05:26 PM by Dilla.)
08-01-2009 05:23 PM
Chop Offline
o_o!!

@ JJJ - Using a novice as a emp breaker would be the dumbest idea. Waste of time to create a 9x novice and it wouldn't do as much dps as a archer would. but if people really want to be that stupid they can. People say sinx = emp breaker because enchant deadly poison amplifies damage by so much it breaks very easily.

Chop| Sniper | 9x/6x
Summit | Wizard | 9x/5x
C h o p | Champion | 9x/6x
[Image: 45925478.png]
08-01-2009 05:45 PM
Astroboi Away

RE:????Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Dilla Wrote:
Astroboi Wrote:
Arkanis Wrote:I said no, only for strategics mean.

I keep repeating myself with this; it doesn't apply to heRO. What strategics mean? Let's take your guild Revenga, it usually has around 6-12 active WoErs and only 1 potential emp breaker in Damakie. Are we supposed to believe that she's just a lure and Garess or Elodie is the real emp breaker? I don't think so.

We have a limited number of WoErs and most of them (those who stand out, emp breakers all included in this) are already flagged. DD has ClouDyMonday, LoA has Jaqounet and Gorium, Behemoth has invisible ninjas, nobody knows who they are because they apparently break emps with @hide(forthelulz), NE has Angel Fates and Zerosk, and sometimes their soul linkers, Bamboo has FireFly etc, etc. If you really were unaware of these names, then you havent WoEd in the past few months. If some new guy shows up and turns out to be an empbreaker (which means.. hitting the emp, people can SEE him) then he's gonna be flagged as an emp breaker as well. Let's say I'm owning a castle and lose it, and see FireFly broadcasted as emp breaker; well he was already a priority, he still managed to break. It just happens, nothing's gonna change. If I see Tulwar as the emp breaker, I might just have a laugh and PM him to congratulate him, he's still a clown who had a lucky break and it's not likely to happen again, nothing's gonna change.

If you don't care much about the feature or don't have any stronger argument, why not just be a fair sport and let others have their share of fun with it? Is it too demanding?

you got ours pretty wrong and Id rather not have something that will relieve all doubts

Fixed just for you.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2009 05:58 PM by Astroboi.)
08-01-2009 05:56 PM
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

I've played on a server that announced the names of the breaker, mainly since they kept tabs in their cp on how many breaks a person had, kills etc. It did however make me lol when I saw the breaker being a friend HP that wasn't a battler. Icon_biggrin

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
08-01-2009 06:03 PM