No, don't
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

RE:????Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Ardney Wolf Wrote:Lord Knight = Breaker when the emp room is empty or there's no one to agi-down/aspersio after he berserks.

=_= I break fine when the Emp Room is full thanks.

@JJJ- Any new person who joins, who works hard to get a Breaker. Joins a guild and finally breaks would love to see their name pop up. Its like??validating all their hard work.

@Everyone Against adding it:Any person that is so blind that they cant notice who is a breaker and who isn't. Is either so new that they will need months to learn how to WoE and thus shouldn't be considered. *Even Tho emp breakers names being displayed would actually help them learn faster* Or so stupid that we should ignore them.

Also about the whole "They will become priority target thing." What the frak world do you live in where Emp Breakers arn't the priority target when your defending a castle, sheesh.

Everyone who hates this idea either wants to avoid conflict that the competition might bring.??Or is the sort of person who hates people getting recognition on a public Chanel. Because all this stuff about making the breakers life harder, fights breaking out in guilds over who got the message??or making it harder for new people to become breakers is a load of bull.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2009 12:51 AM by Avalon_Fates.)
08-02-2009 12:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: ????Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Avalon_Fates Wrote:[...]Also about the whole "They will become priority target thing." What the frak world do you live in where Emp Breakers arn't the priority target when your defending a castle, sheesh.[...]

It simply is not wise to prioritize when anyone in the entire assaulting company is capable--albeit perhaps not equally--of performing the feared action.??The defending party risks too many members trying to eliminate the individual who can just respawn, heal, and return in less than a minute.

The proper mode of operation would be to form a uniform front in a position to decimate--if not completely eradicate--the opposition.??You don't sacrifice a knight and a bishop for but a single rook.??[Image: Ono.gif]

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2009 01:04 AM by Whispers.)
08-02-2009 01:03 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

JJJ Wrote:
Kretzer Wrote:
Arte Wrote:If some new guy shows up and turns out to be an empbreaker (which means.. hitting the emp, people can SEE him) then he's gonna be flagged as an emp breaker as well.

This is all it takes to get one person flagged around the WoE community as an emp breaker, and become a top priority for everyone.

i don't think every guild in heRO sits in an single castle......... do they? o.O (no seriously i don't even know how many castles are open >.>)

Kretzer Wrote:Just how big do you think this server's WoE community is? Its small as hell. As soon as someone is seen breaking an emperium, everyone knows about it... Everyone, even the people around the other castle will know in no time at all. Having its name announced won't make any real difference.

J J J Wrote:that's the reason why some of the hardcore guilds on iRO stop using their emp breakers and make new ones, they also change the classes that are the breakers so they don't get shot down as fast..........

not every assassin cross is a breaker, neither is every lord knight, people can go make a novice that breaks emps (yes i'm serious, hatred was famous for doing this to people....) class and level don't matter in WoE unless everyone plays using the same battle plans xD sometimes the most unexpected thing will be the best plan to break the emp~

What the pucking hell are you talking about? Seriously...

When was the last time you WoEd? When was the last time you WoEd on a real server? When was the last time you WoEd on heRO?

FFFFF. I vote for J's opinion to be completely void and removed from this thread.

Avalon_Fates Wrote:=_= I break fine when the Emp Room is full thanks.

The people defending must suck.
08-02-2009 01:30 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

I'm sure everyone's opinion is not only welcomed but encouraged herein.??It's an open discussion regardless of ones sentiment concerning the others conviction.

I'm not a GM, but I'm sure they'd agree.??Ok

Secondly, I concur with the closing comment.??They either sucked and/or your party, Avalon, was very good at protecting you.??[Image: Meh.gif]

08-02-2009 02:24 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

He is trying to prove his point, by saying real guilds use Novices to break emps. I don't know about you but...
08-02-2009 02:28 AM
conch Offline
1 ea

kretzer simply thinks that J doesnt know wut he's talking about. For ppl who don't woe, personally, i think it's just harder for them to actually comment on stuffs about woe with having no experience wutsoever~

¥[Image: w1z2h5.png]¥
08-02-2009 02:49 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Like I've written at least twice before, any member of the opposition entering my castle during WoE is dead--hands down.??If you're a novice just cruising in, you'll soon find out it is not prudent to do so.??WoE = War of Emperium.??The operative word being "War".??Has it not been said that all is fair in love and war?
So, whether you're a novice just recruited and walking around during WoE or a presumed "Ace in the Hole" hoping to get through the defenses to bust the emp; you are a target.
Acknowledging this, an emp-eating novie is a waste of leveling.??Evil

Trespassing is punishable upon death regardless of who you are or why you're there.??Icon_razz

In response to conch, that may be true; but we shouldn't let our empty emotions get the best of us.??Everyone is free to discuss this topic to their own mental ability.??Should ones lack of experience be called into question I would suggest doing so rationally.??All of the sarcasm and subcutaneous aggression is likely to boil over into a flame war.??I know it's difficult to be so Zen, but the effort it worth it.??Icon_biggrin

08-02-2009 03:07 AM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

/swt again i feel my point is being immensely missed....... and conch i feel insulted Dx m never WoE'd before? i only stopped going to WoE when it became boring and repetitive

but it is true it's been a while since i did go to WoE, and yes i did check out WoE when i first came to heRO in order to do a proper review, but since then nope i haven't gone to heRO's WoE

and i no way was i kidding about a guild using a novice to break the emp....... no one cared that a novice was in the emp room, no one paid attention to him, and if they did he had play dead, no one cared if he was poking the emp because he's a novice what can he do? so it just became a plan that worked because no one thought a novice could do it so they figured someone else must have..... that or they were too ashamed to admit it

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
08-02-2009 03:16 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

lol, J i can picture you standing in front of the EMP trying to break it by slapping it with your dollies and pouting because it just wont crack open and kicking it. then someone gives you a crayon and you decide to draw all over it and mask it as a sailing boat by drawing over it.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
08-02-2009 09:45 AM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

While my opinion about the original idea has already been expressed, I'm going to offer a solution that should please all parties.

Announce the breaker locally within the castles as opposed to globally throughout the server. Those that are worried about staying "covert" will be fine since only their guildies will see the announcement and those that want fame can SS the announcement and post it to the forums later. Best of both worlds.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 11:48 AM by Ardney Wolf.)
08-02-2009 11:08 AM