No, don't
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not
JJJ Offline
JJJ

RE: Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

WoE guilds effect the market, implementing such a feature effects the amount of time the GM's have, this particular feature effects the ego's of some people..........

nothing in RO is entirely separated from everything else... (well at least right now)

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
08-03-2009 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Thinking??I agree with Izael on the assumption that sometimes a breaker might not want his name displayed.??Everyone has been arguing about bragging rights, "e-peens", and stratagems; but we've lost sight of the breaker not wanting their name displayed for reasons outside of these.

Perhaps if we knew why the option is there in the first place.??If it is to involuntarily glorify the breaker, the breaker might not want that.??Sure, a lot of breakers will walk about with an aura of pseudo-badassness, but some would rather choose to remain humble or hide their identity for strategical purposes.

If it is simply to alert everyone who broke the emp, that is unneeded.??As has been said before, one could always use @main.??They don't need to have their names announced, but I have never seen it be detrimental to anything.

I still want to keep it at a yes, though.??Whilst understanding that someone may not want their name displayed, a little congratulations and friendly competition doesn't hurt.??If you're aggravated by these I'm not sure what to say to you; these are confidence builders and a healthy level of confidence is never a bad thing.
My thoughts on strategy and ego remain unchanged.??Hopefully you have a better strategy than concealing your breaker and ego has a voracious appetite - the more you feed it, the hungrier it gets. No1

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
08-03-2009 02:38 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Maybe there can be an @command that??can make it so it doesn't show your (only your) character's name if you manage to break it?

This would make it so those who want it kept secret can stay secret, and those who want it known can let it be known.

But overall I agree with izael, there's more important things for the GM's to do than something like this.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 06:10 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-03-2009 06:08 PM
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

I personally don't keep main on during WoE, it interferes with in-guild and party communications.

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
08-03-2009 10:47 PM
Amara Offline
Head Beast!

I haven't read the above. But my main problem with this is you're forcing the emp breaker (probably against his will) to be emblazoned in yellow text. Unless they agree to this personally, it shouldn't happen.

Alts and Stuff: Amara, Lenala, Jenarra, Korana, Nanna, Navara, Valara, Terrana, Arana, Liara
08-04-2009 12:12 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

*casts resurrection*

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-14-2009 11:23 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

*asuras*

stupid idea no one cares who broke the emp.

No one has a secret breaker, and if they do it will be known eventually nothing stays a secret forever.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
09-14-2009 11:36 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

In my own WOE experiance, most guilds already know the other peopls breakers already <_<...and if they dont, they figure it out when the see the -insert class here- attacking the emp right before they get booted from their caslte. as for a post long ago~ I would love to see a novice break an emp, sounds so lol'able.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
09-14-2009 11:39 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

*Hides thru asura*

Really atm, im not even sur about emp breakers being announced. I would like it, just to give some new sinx's out there an incentive to join guilds as breakers. As far as people's epronz thats their problem.

Its like, an advertisement for a job opening up. You see it on the TV, you see it looking cool and you want to join it.

Sometimes, not all the time.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-14-2009 11:40 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

an advertisement was when I broke the emp with my 'Sonic blow jobs 5z' guild.Icon_biggrin

If the guild just broke an emp why would the spot be opening up o.o? Seems to me the sinx does their job well no need for a new one.

btw I believe tripp bought one.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
09-14-2009 11:42 AM