Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who plays an instrument and what are you learning/playing?
Silk Offline
Prince of AFK

RE: Who plays an instrument and what are you learning/playing?

xP It's a purple Fender Squier. I know nothing on it at all.

[Image: Banner.png]
Silk - 9x/6x Whitesmith; Knights of Lunch Guildmaster.
Polyester - 9x/6x Clown; AFK Officer.
Acrylic - 9x/6x High Priest - Akuma.
Rayon - 8x/5x Professor; 'Elaborate' Guildmaster.
Cotton - 9x/6x Sniper; Divine Nocturne Member.
Denim - 8x/5x Paladin; Guildless.
Leather - 8x/5x Stalker; Guildless.
08-06-2009 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Eww - Fender.??Mad

Is it a Precision or Jazz bass???If you wanna learn really easily you can look up the guitar tab for any Nirvana song and just play the root (lowest note).??That's all Krist Noveselic did.??xp

You can pick or finger as you so please.??The bass is a ridiculously easy instrument to play unless your Flea or Les Claypool.??xp
It's an awesome instrument to play, though, despite the lack of difficulty.??I love picking up a bass and playing stuff, the super low tone is so pretty.??Especially in arpeggios. [Image: Rice.gif]

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
08-06-2009 05:34 PM
iAzn Offline
Pokemon Master!

I play 3 different instruments; the Violin, Piano, and the Guitar. On Violin, I'm not currently trying to learn anything new, just reviewing old school music and such. On Piano, I am learning 3 different Pieces. One is called "화신" (Hwasin, or Flower Letter), one is called Kiss the Rain, and the other is Clare de Lune. On Guitar, meh, not much anything. I just look at tabs and such.

[Image: vg66fa.png]
08-07-2009 02:19 PM
proto Offline

i played the piano when i was a kid, and i just recently quit playing the baritone, tho i still know how to play it.

Is this real life?
08-08-2009 03:05 PM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

I play the drums, I combined both XP and Gammon together, I know they're crap but they'll do fine till I move and hopefully get newer drums.

I can play erm anything from The All-American Rejects, Boys Like Girls, put any type of drums into Dashboard Confessional, Daughtry, most Disturbed, Fall Out Boys, Foo Fighters, Lucid Dreams by Franz Ferdinand, The Fray, Good Charlotte, Green Day, Insane Clown Posse lol, Jack's Mannequin, Jimmy Eat World, The Killers, Lifehouse, Linkin Park, who's really easy on the drums actually by the way, infact, they're just basically all vocals, a few Motion City Soundtrack, My Chemical Romance, Nickelback, OAR, Oasis, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Saliva, Shinedown, Snow Patrol, System Of A Down, Taking Back Sunday (Louder Now and before, not the gay New Again crap), Three Days Grace, Train, Twiztid, The Used, Yellow Card, 3 Doors Down, and 30 Seconds to Mars.

I'm currently trying to learn Alexisonfire, Avenged Sevenfold, Enter Shikari, From First To Last, Hollywood Undead, Kings of Leon, most of Motion City Soundtrack, Saosin, Trivium, and Underoath.

I started playing drums like two or three years ago, and I really do it as a hobby rather than take it seriously.

= P I want this drum set, it's sexy http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend....sku=445229

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
08-11-2009 10:11 AM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

I know how to play a wide variety of instruments, and when I say wide I mean at last count maybe a little less than a dozen? I'm a very music oriented kid (I can't draw to save my life, nor can I act xD)

I own three instruments of my own, but I do know how to play more. I own a piano, alto saxophone, and cello. I know how to play tenor / bass saxophone (and while the fingerings are the same as an alto, I can tell you playing each is a different experience and mindset needed), baritone, trombone, trumpet, drums (to a purely concert/marching band extent, not rock), percussion (again, to a concert/marching band look)

As for what I'm doing, Piano is my main focus, since that's what I've been doing since I was a kid, and will forever love. I just figured out "I don't wanna miss a thing" by Aerosmith on it, planning to make a recording of it soon; and have been figuring out random songs that tickled my fancy by ear. I play cello in orchestra and sax in band.

I'm thankful that my parents introduced me to music when I was young, and I wouldn't give up my love for it for the world.

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
08-24-2009 05:17 PM
xtwilightx Offline
Ad Astra

Hai hai
Umm I play guitar,piano and flute Icon_razz

Been playing guitar for only 3 years
I play alot blues,& Blues Rock:D Stuff like Eric Clapton to Stevie Ray Vaughan to Rory Gallagher. I can still manage to play other styles tho, I've played stuff from like Bullet For My Valentine to Greenday to Guns N Roses and Beatles Icon_razz. I usualy prefer to play rhythm for metal tho..can't really shred xD..then Lead on blues and blues rock stuff Icon_biggrin

I've also been playing piano for 2 years..can't really do much xD I've been learning alot of Beatles on the piano tho, and thats coming along just fine :3.

And finnaly flute, only been playing for a year, I play it at the school intermediate band ..I suck tho so yeah..xD

Altho I haven't been playing for a long time, music has always been a huge part of my life.Been listening to music sicne who knows when lol. Its always been a part of me, and always will! Icon_smile
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009 08:11 PM by xtwilightx.)
10-03-2009 08:10 PM
~EmaRosa Offline

I play rock band Icon_biggrin
Jk
Drums and Bass
Use to be in a band called FinalRise!

[Image: lets.jpg]
[Image: emarosa.jpg]

EmaRosa.:.LK
Euphoric.:.Hunter
Alts.:.Forgetful.:.Final Fantasy.:.Emergency.:.
01-29-2010 02:03 AM
~Waffle~ Offline
Eatten again

In band class I use the epic sides mega tuba(Actually not really the size of an epic, its just barely bigger than a baritone). Made it pretty far in the book that we use and im working on Eb key signature (B, E, and A are flats)

Can I have your pie?PLEASE!!??
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2010 12:33 PM by ~Waffle~.)
01-29-2010 11:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I play diatonic harmonica. =x
01-30-2010 11:37 PM