Poll: Which moderation style is more effective?
Intervention
Anticipation
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moderation Styles
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE: Moderation Styles

Both are effective. If you can do both kind then its even better.
08-07-2009 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

I think humans have the intelligence needed to know how to act. If they disobey knowing there was a rule and they dare to fight against the results of there behavior, why should we care?

If they disobey without knowing there was a rule and accept the sentence, fine, they are intelligent beings that will not redo it.

I think it is better to leave players be and let them have fun. If they start going on a danger zone, just watch and see if they are stupid enough to step on the mine.

Of course, anticipation is a must on some occasions. For example, just after muting someone, another person starts talking about the same topic just to spill oil on the fire with a sarcastic "I'm innocent" attitude, slap him straight back!

My vote is intervention.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
08-07-2009 07:40 PM
annuit Offline
Dirty Minded Kitty

I definitely feel intervention is the best method for dealing with potential problems. However, that relies heavily on experience with people and knowing what could lead to problems. This is very difficult to accomplish in an online setting. Plus, when using intervention methods, you must explain your reasoning to people in order to make them understand; an act which is difficult if the person is "stubborn."
08-07-2009 10:08 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

How come there's no "no-bull****" option?

Because that would be how I would roll.

Probably would be classified under "intervention". Icon_neutral

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
08-07-2009 11:31 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

intervention.

basically i agree with Mystra...
imho, this polemic is very similar to the idea presented in The Minority Report...

-w-
08-08-2009 04:47 AM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Moderation Styles

annuit Wrote:Plus, when using intervention methods, you must explain your reasoning to people in order to make them understand; an act which is difficult if the person is "stubborn."
Bang, if the person is stubborn knowing they broke a rule but still fights about it, why should we care? Playing on heRO is a privilege, not a right. If they don't want to follow rules, they can get out.

Of course, we will only IP ban for extremely severe rule breakers, and I can count those punishments on not even one whole hand. In four years, that is not a lot. So we still give second chances.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
08-08-2009 11:06 AM