Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

RE:??What I'm Currently Watching!

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:Aria the Origination

chicks, Italy, gondolas, scenery, storytelling

Once I finish it,
its on to

Welcome to the NHK!
I can't get into the Aria franchise, don't know why. I love worldbuilding and shoujo, so you'd think it'd be perfect for me. On the other hand, I wholly approve of NHK.

Personally, I just finished watching Kaiji, (which is way more suspenseful than it needs to be) and MariaHolic (schadenfreudelicious). I'm on Flag right now, and re-viewing my old favorite The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. After that, I'll probably pick up Sayonara Zetsubo-sensei. Good times.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
12-30-2009 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

RE: What I'm Currently Watching!

I'm currently watching Slayers (the 3rd season)! Has anyone heard of it? Pretty old-school anime, but the brilliant kind of one. There should be more of those nowadays because of amount of filler episodes many 'new' animes have. Another anime I'm watching at the moment is called St. Luminous Mission High School and that one is pure waste of time. In my opinion it's the dullest anime on earth but my boyfriend said that there's worse than that out there. Thinking

The reason I'm here is to ask for an advice regarding really good comedy/romance series! You know, something like.. Ouran High School Host Club for example. Any suggestions?
01-26-2010 03:13 PM
Silk Offline
Prince of AFK

Watching Monster at the moment. xP Recently watched my new favorite series, Baccano!, twice.

[Image: Banner.png]
Silk - 9x/6x Whitesmith; Knights of Lunch Guildmaster.
Polyester - 9x/6x Clown; AFK Officer.
Acrylic - 9x/6x High Priest - Akuma.
Rayon - 8x/5x Professor; 'Elaborate' Guildmaster.
Cotton - 9x/6x Sniper; Divine Nocturne Member.
Denim - 8x/5x Paladin; Guildless.
Leather - 8x/5x Stalker; Guildless.
01-26-2010 04:03 PM
Altaire Away
Sm;)e

Silk Wrote:Baccano!

Omgg I need to watch that

Altaire-High wizard | Sabine-Sniper | Shenkena-High Priestess
01-28-2010 12:44 AM
Galt Offline
Lurker

I'm watching Katanagatari right now. It's actually pretty good. Icon_biggrin

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
01-28-2010 12:47 AM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

im watching 3 students take a TOELF test while I surf the web. YAYYY

Edit: Oh, this is about animations.. hmmm

Edit 2: They're asian students.. does that count?

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 04:51 AM by Herman.)
02-02-2010 04:48 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

TOEFL*... Sweat

hey Herman come to Indonesia and give me a free TOEFL test... 165 USD is steep... Cry

currently trying to watch "combat butler Hayate"... been in my wife's HDD for a long time but we just haven't had the time...

-w-
02-03-2010 02:42 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Herman Wrote:im watching 3 students take a TOELF test while I surf the web. YAYYY

Edit:??Oh, this is about animations.. hmmm

Mr. Herman is being a bad proctor serving the internet instead of tending to the needs and keeping a tight supervision on his students... Namin? is displeased that Principle of Fair Assessment has been compromised Icon_sad

Currently Namin? only has the time to maintain Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and its one episode per week for the time that is allowed to her at this moment... Not to say that it is a particularly great anime but at the very least, it remains to be a faithful and reasonably interesting adaptation to the manga.

Welcome to NHK! is something somehow, Namin? can never find a good version of to watch...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
02-03-2010 06:43 AM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

NHK is not the most recent, and very plot-driven.??I wouldn't call it necessary to hold out for the best encode.
Additionally, I'm also watching Brotherhood in anime club.??But they watched it last semester too, so I'm binging to catch up.

Baccano is fun, if you don't try to figure it out.??(you'll fail)

Monster is a show that breaks my general tradition.??I don't watch long-running shows, but Monster and Legend of the Galactic Heroes are exceptions.??Coherent, steady plot with proper ending.
Right now, I actually just picked up a show from the same manga-ka who did Monster.??It's much older, both in manga and anime formats, and not very dark at all.??Master Keaton is the name, it's about an undercover secret agent insurance adjuster.??Seriously, the guy goes around investigating claims which invariably put him on the wrong side of some baddies.??But he gets through with the charming stealth of Bond and the quick wit of MacGuyver, and always learns a life lesson by the end.??

Slayers ... Ah, good times.??I transed my champ to Slayers Try (the one Lunch is on) and will eventually pick up Revolution, don't know when.??Though I think Slayers Next is my favorite, Xelos makes a better villain than comic-relief character.??I'm kinda interested in Magic Knight Rayearth, which looks like an old-school anime irreverently based on RPGs, with a more linear plot than Slayers.??If you want to bend towards wacky magic hyjinx, there's always Those Who Hunt Elves.

And finally, I'm re-watching Flag while trying to find the DVDs at reasonable prices so I can make an AMV.??It's going to be a good one this time.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 10:21 AM by Force-Attuned Krogoth.)
02-03-2010 10:19 AM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

RE: ??What I'm Currently Watching!

Namine Wrote:
Herman Wrote:im watching 3 students take a TOELF test while I surf the web. YAYYY

Edit:??Oh, this is about animations.. hmmm

Mr. Herman is being a bad proctor serving the internet instead of tending to the needs and keeping a tight supervision on his students... Namin? is displeased that Principle of Fair Assessment has been compromised Icon_sad

Its was just a practice test.. and there were 3 students in a room at least 6 feet apart from each other. If it was a real test I would of course not be on the computer.. test rooms don't even have computers here, haha. Nothing compromised =p

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
02-03-2010 12:21 PM