Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with update, please help
Good Knight Offline

Problems with update, please help

Ok, I've been to another server that already had this update and it is odd but not surprising that I found the exact same problems and never could figure out how to solve them. 1st off, when logging in (I'm sure alot of other people have noticed this) the chat (regular log/battle log) window is cut off at the bottom until you drag it up. The 2nd thing i notice is, the cursor movement speed is halved, same exact thing on this other server (I won't mention the name if it makes you happy).

So, I look at task manager to find that my CPU usage spiked from 1% to 51% by just running heRO.exe alone, all of the color exes do this too. Then, i notice a weird thing not sure if its sposed to be there but the tag at the bottom for the application that's running says heRO but then a huge space and ... elipses. After that, I notice in under processes tab in task manager that the process for heRO says heRO.exe *32. I'm not sure what this means but I thought it might be a problem if I'm running the game in Windows XP 64 bit edition? I downloaded and installed the full client cause I really don't wanna mess with downloading abunch of other stuff that I don't know how to make work. OK, Help PLEASE I love heRO!!!!

Good Knight 9x LK
Centsless 8x BS
Virtuous 9x SL
08-08-2009 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gammarax Offline

RE: Problems with update, please help

Good Knight Wrote:After that, I notice in under processes tab in task manager that the process for heRO says heRO.exe *32.??I'm not sure what this means but I thought it might be a problem if I'm running the game in Windows XP 64 bit edition?

This is normal. It has a *32 to tell you that this program is running under 32-bit circumstances when your OS is 64-bit.

I'm not sure how I can help you here, but you're not experiencing this problem by yourself. When I first entered the server after the update there were about 10++ people complaining about slower mouse speed as well. I don't understand how this can be just because of an update, however. Icon_sad

Do you mean slowed speed as in lagged movement of the mouse? Have you tried tinkering with mouse sensitivity in Control Panel?
08-09-2009 12:54 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

I noticed slower mouse movement...at first. Then I'm not sure if I just shrugged it off or if it went away but I seemed to not notice it as much.

Also the Chat window getting cut off at the bottom bugs me as well. I have it docked a few centimeters off the bottom for now just so it doesn't sink when i relog.

And Hero has always used about 40-50% cpu in my experience. This is nothing new to me. I don't think it has anything to do with apparent mouse slow down speed.

oh and the ellipsis thing...no clue what that's about.

edit: I take that back, mouse speed is definitely slowed down in game

edit x2: I wonder if it has anything to do with the Mouse Freedom DLL

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2009 01:53 PM by Motenai_Ronin.)
08-09-2009 01:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good Knight Offline

Thank you for the replies. Sadly I never checked to see how much CPU usage heRO used before, so I don't really know if it has changed any. However, I pmed Ayu and she said that before running heRO.exe her CPU usage is at 1%, and it goes to 5% when running heRO. I don't know if it is really that bad for mine to go up to 51% or not.

As for the mouse stuff, yes I have messed with the control panel and it appears to not be affected at all by it.
Quote:edit x2: I wonder if it has anything to do with the Mouse Freedom DLL
I don't think it does but if it continues I might try downloading that. As I said before, I played another server that had this update and I remember having these exact same problems, so it seems to be just glitches/errors in the coding. I hope this can be resolved...

Side note: Will there, or is there, a way to do no death pop-up windows?

Good Knight 9x LK
Centsless 8x BS
Virtuous 9x SL
08-09-2009 02:44 PM