Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IMPORTANT : Security breach!
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

IMPORTANT : Security breach!

A security breach that has touched ANOTHER SERVER might expose your current password!

It's been brought to my attention that hopeRO security has been breached and the list of all accounts, active or inactive, has been exposed on the web. This list contains password in clear text and is accessible to ANYONE on the internet (if you can find it).

That means that if you played on hopeRO at one time or another and you used your "common" password there and here, it leaves your account open to potential identity thieves.

I suggest you dont loose a moment and go change your password if you think you have the slightest chance of being affected by this leak.

- Go to the User options box at the bottom of the page and choose "Account Options" :
[Image: options.jpg]

- Enter your old password, new password, re-enter the new one to confirm, then accept :
[Image: password.jpg]

And you're done.

Why this will not happen on heRO...
I cannot GARANTEE we will never ever be hacked. Only because there is NO garanteed "hacker-free" technology. Everything that is built by man can be hacked by man. But we use extensive security feature that will make heRO a LOT more difficult to hack. We use very secure password from beginning to end, we use Linux with proven security and we use MD5 encrypted passwords for all your accounts. This means that even if a hacker could come in contact with the list of accounts and their passwords, it would be a big pile of scrambled passwords and NOT clear text ones. Feel safe playing here... Icon_wink

Thanks for your time and good game on heRO.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
02-04-2006 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jubei Offline
Chairman

RE: IMPORTANT : READ!

scary

[Image: hl101.jpg]
02-04-2006 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

bleh...~
yeah shit happens
oh well...

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
02-04-2006 11:00 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

Another bump and then I will let this topic go under.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
02-12-2006 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hina Offline

RE: IMPORTANT : Security breach!

I never got the point of mass hacking,
like i can understand maybe just fiddling with
something that doesn't do anything to others,
but why mess up everyones playing experience?
like are hackers just big fat meanie guys sitting at there
computer going: "Man how many people am i gonna screw over today?Hmm those nice inocent players look good."??*presses button of boom*"haha im such a big dumb evil jerk"

I just don't get hackingIcon_confused
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2006 02:11 PM by Hina.)
02-12-2006 02:09 PM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

Hina Wrote:"Man how many people am i gonna screw over today?Hmm those nice inocent players look good."??*presses button of boom*"haha im such a big dumb evil jerk"

Yeah, that about sums it up ~

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
02-12-2006 02:18 PM
GM-Boomy
Unregistered

little update: there's many more servers other than hopeRO who has been hacked. In total, there's a list of 48 server's accounts available in clear text. So even if you didn't play on hopeRO, we recommend that you change your password, it only takes 2 minutes and it could save you and us alot of time.
02-12-2006 03:24 PM
Quote this message in a reply