Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible bug??
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

Possible bug??

now i'm not sure if this is a bug or just on my end with my laptop and all, but i can get this to happen fairly consistently.

what happens is i'll start up hero through the patcher, log in, go to my mage character (sage now, but i don't think it'd matter). he'll be inside one of the huts in orc village as i'm hunting for earrings there and will have no buffs or anything on.

what i think may be a bug is this:

i'll use energy coat on my character before exiting the portal back to the village. i'll then step on the portal to exit. the normal waiting screen appears, but instead of loading up the village map, it'll hang on itself and give me a microsoft error report to send. however once i reload the game everything is in order, and i'm buffed, and ready to go. this never happens after the initial loading up of the game so i am free to buff myself if i'm resting in a building waiting for hp to recover or if i go to the bathroom and enter a building to avoid dying and energy coat wears off.

if someone could try and reproduce this and get it to happen to them as well, then there's a minor annoyance with energy coat, as the game doesn't hang itself when i don't use energy coat and leave the building.

i'll leave a list of procedures that make this happen to me so someone can try to reproduce the results:

step 1: leave mage character with energy coat skill inside orc village building, unbuffed.
step 2: reopen client and select mage character (length of time needed between closing and opening the client unknown)
step 3: immediately use energy coat and exit the building

hopefully this is just me experiencing this oddity, as it's not that difficult to work around, just rather annoying.
08-25-2009 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Possible bug??

repeat using heRO.exe instead of patcher and see if that stops it

08-26-2009 10:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

ok i'll try it, and thanks for responding =)

edit: it happens even when i don't run the patcher. i'm not sure if it's a client problem as far as map loading goes and being buffed with energy coat, or if it's just my laptop being really stupid about it.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2009 12:19 AM by Frogboy.)
08-27-2009 12:08 AM
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

I wonder if anyone reproduced this, never had that error, odd.

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
08-31-2009 02:59 PM