Poll: Change the text box speed for fishing/mining?
Yes, increase the speed (make it faster)
Yes, decrease the speed (slow it down)
No, keep it the same as is right now
No opinion/don't care
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The speed of the chat boxs
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE:??The speed of the chat boxs

Jasper Wrote:Keep it the way it is right now mining is a good way to money but why should it be the main factor in making zeny? Maybe you should consider other methods of making money other than sit and click on a spot over and over 1000 times. For healing, go hunt white and blue herbs and go brew them. Why should everything come easy? I personally love what they did to the mining/fishing spot and believe if should remain the way it is. It makes it fair for the people that actually hunt and go out of the mines and glast to make money and obtain healing items.

Oh so easy to say when you've been here for over 2 years and you're fully geared....

I'll return you this question, why should older players have obtained it the easy way while new players have to bust their ass 4x longer for the same result?

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
08-18-2009 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: The speed of the chat boxs

Slower is great. It makes me feel more cautious and alert while I'm mining.

Which is good two-ways (I won't lose points and I would be less likely to be kamikaze-exploded)

Only downside now is I can't turn away to watch tv while enter-spamming...

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
08-18-2009 02:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

RE: ??The speed of the chat boxs

Gojira Wrote:
Jasper Wrote:...

Oh so easy to say when you've been here for over 2 years and you're fully geared....

I'll return you this question, why should older players have obtained it the easy way while new players have to bust their ass 4x longer for the same result?

Well... mining/fishing is a HeRo specialty. It has done quite some harm to the servers economy imho...

Why should older plyers have obtained it the easy way while newer player have to work longer?
Just because something was broken in the past and you repair it now is nothing personal. It's always a hard thing to do, but it's the only correct thing.
I agree with Tripp that there are plenty of other ways to make easy zeny! Farm your elus with a lvl 8x hunter in glast heim e.g. The cards and elus will do some good, as will the playing experiece.

As much as I appreciate fish for it's brokenness, I think mining/fishing puts the strenous part of the game way too much into the center of attention...
It's a game damnit! You're supposed to have fun. If fun for you is sitting before a barely changing picture and clicking thousands of times, you can still do it. If it isn't, just go out! Be creative! Think of other ways to make zeny. There are tons of cards that will give quite a good pay even if the monsters that drop'em are easy cake (PPE, Thara, ...). If farming those seems boring to you, I'm asking myself why mining/fishing isn't even more boredom? Because you can do it while watching anime or reading manga? That's BS!
This is just the same as macroing or botting:
You gain an advantage while enjoying yourself with something else. Make the work be fun. I've farmed several cards I needed myself, and it's always a great feeling finally getting repaid for the hour-long grind. But in exchange for me, I got better and better in mobbing and grimtoothing. When you actually do stuff in the game the way it's supposed to be it rewards you with more than just the thing you came for. That's why RO is so great in my opinion.

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
08-18-2009 02:15 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Tripp and Moe said anything I'd ever want to on fishing/mining.
I only did fishing and mining in my early days of RO career, I found other ways to make money as the server has gone through upgrades and changes...and maybe now more players will start to do that too.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-18-2009 02:32 PM
Sukeishima Away
Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Heh, I must be really impatient. I got annoyed with the slow npc speed just when enter spamming through training ground/job change npcs, I haven't even gone near mining or fishing. XD

[Image: ROsiggy.png]
[Sukei - 9x Grimmy Assassin] Guildleader of Divine Nocturne <3
[Kalmia - 8x FS High Priestess] KoL's Sweet Potato <3
Click here to see which chars are mine!
08-18-2009 04:03 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

RE: ??The speed of the chat boxs

Gojira Wrote:
Jasper Wrote:Keep it the way it is right now mining is a good way to money but why should it be the main factor in making zeny? Maybe you should consider other methods of making money other than sit and click on a spot over and over 1000 times. For healing, go hunt white and blue herbs and go brew them. Why should everything come easy? I personally love what they did to the mining/fishing spot and believe if should remain the way it is. It makes it fair for the people that actually hunt and go out of the mines and glast to make money and obtain healing items.

4x longer, give me a break......For your information, all my equips and zeny did NOT come from mining and fishing. As a matter of fact, i never got a GR out of an oca ill have you know. You the "new" players have the exact same advantage as the old players, because not ALL the old players got their items through fishing/mining. Get out of the mines for a bit and you'll realize that there are more effective ways to heal and make zeny.

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2009 04:38 PM by Jasper.)
08-18-2009 04:37 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Anyone that makes the money to buy bait, and sit to spam enter and left click for hours to make money-let them. Seriously, they may not be killing monsters for the actual fish, but they are still working for the money to get the bait. With gr/ar out of oca drops now, anyone that is still fishing for money and is not bored with it, must really need it, like the profit it brings in, or enjoy the laxness of just sitting and fishing.
Myself, I havent exactly sold any fish yet, I may in the future, but not yet. I have only went on a few fishing expeditions to grab 400-600 fish so I can use it for leveling, because I see the exchange of bait for fish alot cheaper than buying the fish from another person.

Personally though, I want fishing to be faster, so I can go grind quicker, I dislike fishing just because it is slow, other than that, having fish is a good helper when leveling, as you can heal hp and sp simultaneously.
As for all the "vets" that used to fish, and dont need to do so anymore because they have money to just buy what others take the time to fish, need to realize, if it is slower for the newcomers than it was when you were starting out, how is that fair? Who is to say the fishing speed was broken? Just because idiots want to macro fishing and mining, it doesnt mean that the system is "broken" and that others should have to suffer for their ill acting.

I came from a server where cake, c-whites, and grape juice were what was used when you needed to heal at a higher level, or when hardcore training. Cakes were like, 3400, c whites were 12-1400, and gj was 180 zeny a piece. Fish is a luxury really, despite the heavy weight, and the status effects (which can be canceled by cards, or by just using mutants...).

I vote for it to be speeded up, and that we watch out for macro'ers. :]

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
08-18-2009 04:53 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Fishing actually wasn't something I used much of...I used it most around the days of training my ROGUE...yah not stalker...ROGUE just to spam BB everywhere.

Fishing/mining needed to be slowed down, people were making more money out of it in some cases than those actually out playing RO! That is ridiculous, and fish have totally killed the market Alchemist brewers are normally suppose to have, along with selling stuff like Royal Jellies and Grape Juices and stuff.

The money you spend for bait/picks was very small in comparison to time spent+zeny earned, and now is probably more even. I say leave it as it is...

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-18-2009 05:18 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Everyone who voted against this, obviously has never fished :o

And if the GM's want to people who macro, I think there's software for something for that

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
08-18-2009 05:38 PM
Good Knight Offline

+1 Landon! Sorry for this but why in the hell would anyone vote to Decrease the speed ?!?!?!!!!?!?!!??!!!?

Mining and fishing would've been fine if the speed had remained the same, but now you've got nobody mining anymore, few fishers. I used to love mining/fishing because of the surprise of finding items/etc, but now it's just plain annoying because of the speed being so sloooooooooooooow. I used to be able to mine 260 picks in 40 minutes, averaging 600k per run at the OLD mining spot. Now, it takes 2.5~3 hours to mine that many picks, and only averaging 300k per run at the ADVANCED spot, which I would think would be better.

I don't understand why you want to make it take ridiculously long to fish/mine.

Good Knight 9x LK
Centsless 8x BS
Virtuous 9x SL
08-18-2009 06:27 PM