Poll: Change the text box speed for fishing/mining?
Yes, increase the speed (make it faster)
Yes, decrease the speed (slow it down)
No, keep it the same as is right now
No opinion/don't care
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The speed of the chat boxs
Ling Offline
You know all you need to...

RE: The speed of the chat boxs

bring it back to its old speed, right now i make faster money at hill winds
-_-

See the Pwnage, Fear the Pwnage, Taste the Pwnage

Yotaku IV 95/50 Baby Bard
Yotaku VII 97/50 Hunter
08-18-2009 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

like it should be....

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
08-18-2009 06:36 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Buying moar white pots!
Buying back also the old item description and script of choco tarts! I'm actually more heavily effected by this one than fish...XD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-18-2009 06:43 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I didn't touch choco tarts! Gravity felt like nerfing it, not my doing (for once) Icon_cry

08-18-2009 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

But now fruit of love really freaking fails Icon_sad
It is worse than white pots now, even Pizzas at least heal at the same values.

I say let's change the topic of discussion to item droprates from item dropping gears! Icon_twisted

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-18-2009 06:59 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

I'm okay with fishing/mining being profitable ventures. If people want to buy all their gear from such revenue, it's no skin off my back. After all, they pay for it in exp. If you make money even from hill winds (which is by no means the fastest zeny farming, just the easiest) you come out of it with exp in addition to money. I don't think it would be breaking the game to indroduce something that's faster than hill winds without providing exp. Not talking orders of magnitude, of course, but say 20% better per unit time than killing hill winds individually. Or about equal to OHKO hill winds, because that takes at least a little effort.

That is my idea of a calibration point. Obviously we don't want to leave it unrestricted for the macroers. (Having 0 delay on the advanced spot botcheck is genius.) But right now I think it's overcorrected. If we keep working at it, we'll find a balance that doesn't offend anyone too horribly.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
08-18-2009 07:39 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

This is true, if people want to make money in an "easy" way, without "effort" let them :] They will get some gears, but they will obviously lack any real fighting experience to put it to any good use.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
08-18-2009 09:13 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i agree with what Krogoth said.

I personally don't mine, but my wife fishes a bit and it is easily noticeable that fishes (at least the higher-end ones) are not as easy to come by as it was before.

anyway, the way HeRO is, there are other "end-goals" to achieve than just pvm or pvp. These chat box delays imho derails the other goals and might end up converging everyone back to just "pvm and pvp"...

So i reckon reducing the delay set for the chat boxes wouldn't be such a bad idea...

-w-
08-18-2009 09:58 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Fishing and Mining always were to allow you to get level4 gems/gold/other gemstones and Fish as a cheap easily usable high end source of food.

Whenever I fished or mined I would do it while reading. So I seriously don't see the difference. I read my book and get some zeny out of not having to pay attention to the game.

All these people who can apparently spam all these npc's a thousand times a second for 2 hours straight either are insain or macroing in some way or form.

I do have one thing to say about advanced mining. I think the drops need a boost. It seems at the moment to be pretty much equal to the old mining in the money you get out of it. I'm not saying make gold more frequent or anything like that. Just raise the quality of the lesser drops.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
08-19-2009 12:28 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

I have voted against increasing speed on both mining and fishing. My reasons below:

- people frown at AFKemists, because they (people) think, it takes no "work" for them to get some things those AFKemists need. An AFKemist does not party with another player, does not chat with another player and is, in general, useless from another player's point of view.

- people hate bots, because bots compete for scarce resources (rare and trivial to get (as in difficulty)), for example cards like Thara or Hydra, which everybody wants and which are incredibly boring to get. If bots weren't banned, we'd have a slave farm of multiple bots working for each player, which would, of course destroy the game for other players.

Now, why do I talk about AFKemists in thread about fishing/mining? The reason is simple:

Fishing and mining considerably, in my opinion, damage the economy providing a constant and simple influx of zeny not being any sink whatsoever. What is more, those require no 'skills' other that very fast clicking (which, I admit, I am very poor at), which, additionally, might lead to Repetitive Strain Injury (check wiki if interested) in the long run.

As far as I see, to be considered an AFKemist it is enough to auto-feed a homunculus in Prontera, which, imo, harms nobody. During this thread people were talking about "watching anime" or "reading a book" during mining/fishing. Well, how does that differ from an AFKemist, then? The person is not "physically present" in RO, it is just another mindless repetition of trivial actions, which in my opinion should be possible to be automated... thus broken somewhat.

Well, unless your opinion of fun is 'clickclickclickclick' all the time. If it is, have fun :-).

Or, on the other hand, clicking like 9999 times per second. This person is physically present, but cannot chat and cannot party. Slowing down and introducing delays (in the same time I mean: maybe increase drops/gains and make things needed to perform action more expensive) will at least allow them to chat.

Now, why bots:

There is a major zeny influx for those players, who fish/mine all the time, and the zeny is used to compete over another type of resources, namely, things vendors vend in Prontera. To combat that either additional zeny sinks had to / will have to be introduced (which harms non-fishing and non-mining population as well), or we have to accept the fact everything will get more and more expensive, thus new players cannot afford anything. That is one of the side effects of botting (others is: you cannot really fight a monster because 99999 bots will KS you, which is irrelevant here).

What is mining and fishing intended to do, anyway? If improve new players' chances to get zeny, it doesn't work that way - some high level players prefer mining/fishing to partying and fighting monsters (and I mean players who like partying; due to simple time efficiency of zeny gain)... which is imo broken. If it is just a feature designed due to no reason at all, well... ^^'

I am not going to talk about the market for phyroxenes, biotites, oridecon, elunium and ranked pots... this was stated already.

This is just an opinion. I can be wrong, but it explains why I voted against acceleration.

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
08-19-2009 02:29 AM