Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I was blocked.
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

RE: I was blocked.

Can't blame him/her for wanting to leave. He lost all his items, characters and cash. Starting again after that just seems... I don't know, pointless maybe?

Just statin' it how I see it.

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
08-27-2009 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??I was blocked.

ShadowValentine Wrote:Can't blame him/her for wanting to leave. He lost all his items, characters and cash. Starting again after that just seems... I don't know, pointless maybe?

Just statin' it how I see it.

Stuntbum. He is 20 richer now after he was banned. =]
08-27-2009 10:50 PM
Diallo Offline
I Love The Barenaked Ladies. <3

LOL i lol at your post Shadow Valentine. He lost nothing in comparison to what i've lost. Now take a look at me now.

as kretzer said, 20x richer.

[Image: Stuntbum-1.jpg]
08-28-2009 10:44 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Its true, he has hundreds of millions ;o

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-28-2009 11:26 AM
Lady Ghost Offline

Yikes.??The punishment seems a bit severe.??I mean, I can see the logic behind a ban, but there has to be a better alternative.??I could go into a longish post on the subject, but I doubt anything I say would change anything.

Not sure how doable it is, but I think the GM should look into a way to make a homunculus go from aggressive to friendly if an alchie has been afk for a set period of time. ='D?

But, anyway, I'm sorry that happened Loluka.??If you decide you're willing to restart, I'll also do anything I can to help. Love
08-28-2009 01:34 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

[*]Do Not Bot/Macro
Botting will result in a permanent ban of all accounts and any type of macro will result in a permanent account ban, no exceptions. Failure to pass the botting/macro test from GMs, regardless of "actual reasons," will be treated as using bots or macro programs.

[*]No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in anyway or form to level/hunt AFK with the means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill or card.

[*]Regarding Alchemist/Creator's Homunculus
The heRO AI is sure to comply with our specific rules regarding homunculus, using it is recommended.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/AI.zip
Players are also free to use their own written ai, as long as they follow server rules.

- No killstealing!
The homunculus is bound by the same rules as its owner, and must not attack a monster that belongs to another player.
- No auto-alchemist skills.
The AI is meant to control the homunculus only, you are not allowed to use it to control your alchemist/creator character.
- No AFK leveling.
Afk leveling will be considered the same as botting, if you must go away from keyboard do so in a monsterless map or send your homunculus to sleep.

Underlined section added for emphasis.

Setting a time by default is very exploitable. Let's say that 5 min the homun will stop functioning. You can easily setup the macro to bot for 4 min, move around 30 sec to refresh the timer, continue for 4 min and so on to bypass it with ease.

Thus why, it's pretty important to actually read the rules and not just ignore them. heRO guardian in svn update also got the identical rule list too the moment you create any character, so there's really no excuse to say, "but where's the rules? not everyone goes on the forums." (even that one is a bad excuse), not to mention the bioethic quest also mention the homun rules.

08-28-2009 01:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lady Ghost Offline

Oh, I always make sure to read all the rules.??I don't like being oblivious about things. x'D??But just because it's in the rules, doesn't mean I completely agree with them--not that I would break them anyway.??If I thought the rules were completely disagreeable, I'd leave.

But ah, didn't consider how exploitable that would be. Suppose that'd make things more difficult than easier. Nevermind then.

Still, I think an outright ban is little too harsh.??After repeated offenses, absolutely. I think there's some merit to leaving room for human error. I'd say maybe the first time have the homu killed and the player jailed.

Then again, my experience with dealing with such problems is nill.??^.^;
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2009 02:19 PM by Lady Ghost.)
08-28-2009 02:19 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The room for human error lies in the GM side of sadly, failing to catch a bot that should've been caught... not on the player's side of "that's alright, I know that I have a 1 time leniency, so bot once to make as much zeny as I can before I start playing for real!"

Again once you setup freebie zone, it's up for exploit. It's good attempt and I know why you say that, but once you take on any position of authority (be it GM or RL situation), you will quickly realize that there is little room for error. Always think about the worse case scenario and always think that everyone is out there to destroy you and ruleshark you. You can treat it as paranoid, but for me it works pretty well.

08-28-2009 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??I was blocked.

Lady Ghost Wrote:Oh, I always make sure to read all the rules.??I don't like being oblivious about things. x'D??But just because it's in the rules, doesn't mean I completely agree with them--not that I would break them anyway.??If I thought the rules were completely disagreeable, I'd leave.

But ah, didn't consider how exploitable that would be. Suppose that'd make things more difficult than easier. Nevermind then.

Still, I think an outright ban is little too harsh.??After repeated offenses, absolutely. I think there's some merit to leaving room for human error. I'd say maybe the first time have the homu killed and the player jailed.

Then again, my experience with dealing with such problems is nill.??^.^;

I know someone who has been banned for this, and a few other things.
Created a few new accounts.

He's gone now, in a place that suits what he likes more.

Yea, if the player doesn't like a rule here, its fine if he leaves its his decision. Trying to stur him back, is something you shouldn't do.

Not everyone can be online like stunt, can have friends that will help him like stunt. Not everyone has that kind of time.

But it depends, if that rule will affect you that much to where you know you can't play here. In the case with homuc, If they don't like it, they can leave not bein mean, its their decision.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-28-2009 02:31 PM