Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ToH - Darkness will prevail
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: ToH - Darkness will??prevail

Actually FFX was predictable. I knew Seymore was evil, I knew that Yevon wasn't "good" and knew that the Summoners had to sacrafice their lives and the lives of their friends to start the cycle over. The game was highly predictable in events and who is bad or not. It was a major let down.

As for Video game rules...saddly this applies to RL instances and Movies XP. Usually those with power will see themselves as "Good" unless they actually state otherwise.

I'm happy that I don't believe in the concept of good or evil, only Intent and consequence.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-21-2009 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??ToH - Darkness will??prevail

Snowhawk Wrote:Actually FFX was predictable.??I knew Seymore was evil, I knew that Yevon wasn't "good" and knew that the Summoners had to sacrafice their lives and the lives of their friends to start the cycle over.??The game was highly predictable in??events and who is bad or not.??It was a major let down.

Thus the try too hard and fail too bad.

Older FF where they introduce their villains relatively early, and indeed those are the final villains all the way through were just fine as it is.

Likewise, even for heRO story, I don't think some super unpredictable plot wise is necessary... nice if we think of one, but let's not go out of the way to make one.

10-21-2009 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: ToH - Darkness will??prevail

Before I say this, I'm dark side.

Now, Everyone place your bets on how badly we'll lose this saturday, please? =D

@ayu, make it so it turns out light side was actually darkside in disguies making the darkside (which was actually light side) look bad =O

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-21-2009 02:37 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE: ??ToH - Darkness will??prevail

GM-Ayu Wrote:
Snowhawk Wrote:Actually FFX was predictable.??I knew Seymore was evil, I knew that Yevon wasn't "good" and knew that the Summoners had to sacrafice their lives and the lives of their friends to start the cycle over.??The game was highly predictable in??events and who is bad or not.??It was a major let down.

Thus the try too hard and fail too bad.

Older FF where they introduce their villains relatively early, and indeed those are the final villains all the way through were just fine as it is.

Likewise, even for heRO story, I don't think some super unpredictable plot wise is necessary... nice if we think of one, but let's not go out of the way to make one.

Actually FF8's final boss wasn't intro'd until about half way through or near the ending of the game. Though the Time paradox presented in it was way horrible for the game's concept.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-21-2009 02:53 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

GM-Ayu Wrote:"Technically" speaking: Light side did start out as "good" and dark side "evil" but that's been changed since it's so cliche and it's hard to write anything remotely good.

It's slowly modified in events so Light is "lawful" (lawful good, neutral or evil), and Dark is "chaotic" (chaotic good, neutral or evil.) Basically, all those DnD terms mean this:

Light: "As long as you obey some rule of some sort, consistently" (means affect final outcome)

Dark: "SCREW THE RULES! I have money" (end justifies means)

Every test I ever take says I'm either Chaotic Evil or Chaotic Neutral. The Chaos part is very much true. Love me some chaos.
11-10-2009 12:33 PM
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

Shikari Wrote:Before I say this, I'm dark side.

Now, Everyone place your bets on how badly we'll lose this saturday, please? =D

@ayu, make it so it turns out light side was actually darkside in disguies making the darkside (which was actually light side) look bad =O

I declare this officially hilarious.

-falls off her chair, scaring the school librarian..-
IT WAS SHIKARI D:

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

11-10-2009 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply