Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ToH - Darkness will prevail
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ToH - Darkness will??prevail

ooooo might be getting into a whole lot of philosophical debate on this fates.... Evil

-w-
09-18-2009 02:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Because it all depends on how do you define evil.

What if evil is defined only as disobeying the law? Plenty of people in today's society think that it's the law that is the absolute evil. Some people have some pretty twisted sense of "good" and "evil" compare to the norm in society. Even in real life, lots of western countries once believed in eugenics, and that was the work of the law doing what is considered today as evil. But, it's the absolute good since eugenics will "improve human race as a whole" in the eyes of that time period.

For all that matter, light may legally kill off a peaceful village "for the greater good" of some sort, defined by whoever is in charge, which you can only hope that it's someone who resists evil.

If you have trouble with light and dark falling outside of good and evil, you can treat it in the metaphorical sense that light is called "light" because it is not the one in hiding, as they follow certain sets of values that help you understand what they are up to much easier. Dark on the other hand, are hidden in intentions, waiting in the darkness for the perfect opportunity to carry out their wishes no matter the cost. Thus you reduce the good and evil part a lot more that way.

Ah the dangers of relativism and how much chaos it stirs~ but then all's only for fun and not bad to muse about it at times within a game~

09-18-2009 03:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

To me, I follow dark because I believe Its a stronger path. And you must be strong inorder to live in this world.

But, I don't shun at people who follow the light. I welcome them.

I welcome a challenge, because I want to get stronger for what happens at the end game, and because I want Erebos to see me as someone strong, that can be used for whatever is needed.

That doesn't mean, I can't befriend a light or marry one (but would rather marry a dark HP) it means that I need to face opposistions and make myself stronger.Learn from other HP's on the lightside, study them see what they do.

If they feel like im just using them to get information then they are right, but I do have feelings for them, I do want them eventually to see my side and join me. But if they don't its their decision I just want to learn from you so I can get stronger (or lust over you because your my hot substitute teacher reimu)

I have friends, powerful friends on the lightside that are close to me because they've taught me alot in and off the battlefield. They might have different views, but we still want ultimately the same thing.

FOR BEHEMOTH TO DIE (I mean) to get stronger.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-18-2009 08:10 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Its better its law/chaos as to allow for very interesting characters to be roleplayed.??Aaron himself is chaotic good, he was part of the dark allegience in his storyline, but things caused him to for now follow light's ideals more closely.??

I would HATE to think of my own character as evil of any sort, most "evils" don't think of themselves as such, and honestly Dark should be treated in this manner also.??In other words, I like the changes, it adds a lot of depth to each side to feel more real so to speak.??

Eudoxie should be a good example of the types of villains we need in heRO.??We all loved her or hated her, I mean look at responses on @main from her during the time period we had taunts and cheers from both light and dark from stuff she said.??I hope that a development on Thea and Melot will create the same sort of response :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2009 09:56 AM by Aaronock.)
09-18-2009 09:56 AM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Dark might be chaotic, but there is a hierarchy that every darklings must follow. Thus, they must always answer to Erebos and it's orders.

Chaos might be "fun", but if you want something to work, there has to be fundamental rules.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
09-18-2009 11:09 AM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

COuld we change toh time to 6? Lots of people work during the day you know >_>

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
09-18-2009 03:44 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Lots of people live on the other side of where you live to. We rotate ToH hours so that everyone can do it here and there.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
09-18-2009 04:32 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

RE:??ToH - Darkness will??prevail

GM-Ayu Wrote:If you have trouble with light and dark falling outside of good and evil, you can treat it in the metaphorical sense that light is called "light" because it is not the one in hiding, as they follow certain sets of values that help you understand what they are up to much easier. Dark on the other hand, are hidden in intentions, waiting in the darkness for the perfect opportunity to carry out their wishes no matter the cost. Thus you reduce the good and evil part a lot more that way.

I like the sound of the description much more personally. Rather then Law vs Chaos.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
09-18-2009 04:47 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Yes but this is a Canadian server, people on the other side of the world should have realized that when they joined the server. Icon_smile

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
09-18-2009 11:58 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

No, it's a server hosted in Canada.

Doesn't mean they should ignore the rest of the world.
It's one of the few ToHs that cater to European or Asian time. <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
09-19-2009 01:08 AM