Poll: The poll question is this. Should heRO implement such a script if it becomes available? Maybe even come up with something on it's own?
This poll is closed.
Yes heRO should add or develop this. 18.00% 9 18.00%
No 82.00% 41 82.00%
Total 50 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inactive Ranker Removal Script
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: Inactive Ranker Removal Script

Hell no, if I was a ranker and was number one, and I got deleted for not playing in a month and some nub decided to make one and already had a higher score than me without doing through as much trouble as I did to get on the list and stay on it, I'd be pissed as hell. They got to where they are by doing what they had to do and dedicated time to it, Stop telling people its unfair and start doing TK missions like they did. They worked for it, you wanna be better than them? want to proof that your good to everyone else? beat them fairly.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-27-2009 11:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Inactive Ranker Removal Script

GM-Aki Wrote:This I consider to be answered already, quoting for impact. Maybe.

GM-Ayu Wrote:If a ranker be it TK or chemist or smith is banned or not playing, their position will never increase, so really it's only a matter of time you can overcome it if you are willing to work for it.

Likewise for nobility board as well: we will not clear it.

Welcome to necro'ing :S

The answer is no.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
10-27-2009 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Well, then, Shikari...??that depends on your definition of "fair" I guess.

Let's say you have two people, both with equal free time to dedicate to heRO.??Let's say, for instance, 10 hours per week.??However let's say that one of them started heRO two years ago and one joined yesterday.??They both LOVE TK Rankers.

Obviously, the one from two years ago is already ranked, and has good gear.??TK Rankers are like 5x (that might be an underestimate) better once they're ranked and 9x.??So, while the two both have even amounts of time to play, the ranker clearly has an advantage in being able to gain points far more quickly than the one who is not ranked.??So, assuming all other things equal, the system is NOT fair.

And the monthly or whatever wipe I suggested would only punish people who don't play their character anymore.??It wouldn't be "if you don't gain points in a month you lose your spot."??Instead, it would be something like "once every month (or two, or a year, or whatever) that board is wiped - go compete all."

EDIT: @Aki, sorry, but Ayu said that if we had different arguments we could post (actually, she said the opposite, that if we DIDN'T have anything new we should NOT post). I had something new so I posted - sorry for starting the whole argument again, though Sorry

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2009 11:51 AM by azurerogue.)
10-27-2009 11:49 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I'll have to add a mea culpa for my idea as well. But a way to recognize best all-time and current best has merit imo.
10-27-2009 01:02 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I don't think it does.

A lot of people play the 'ranking classes' (smith, chemist, TK, even nobility) in "waves." They don't play it consistently, but rather play it tons suddenly under short period of time until they build a good amount of buffer points compare to the guy below them. This way they can enjoy the class when they want to play them, and not forced to play them certain amount of times per day in order to get the best of the "2nd board." The 2nd board basically punish the buffer approach. Also, you still have "unfairness" issue that a player may potentially occupy a spot in both list.

It's a MMO. It *always* favors old players because they are more established. If you want to be ranked, you'll need to beat them old players and start working at it.

10-27-2009 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

@Albus it's fine, I'll just blame Ayu Icon_wink

Edit: added a missing L

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
10-27-2009 04:19 PM