Poll: The poll question is this. Should heRO implement such a script if it becomes available? Maybe even come up with something on it's own?
This poll is closed.
Yes heRO should add or develop this. 18.00% 9 18.00%
No 82.00% 41 82.00%
Total 50 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inactive Ranker Removal Script
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Inactive Ranker Removal Script

If a ranker be it TK or chemist or smith is banned or not playing, their position will never increase, so really it's only a matter of time you can overcome it if you are willing to work for it.

Likewise for nobility board as well: we will not clear it.

08-30-2009 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

not to mention the fact that (at least for TK rankers), getting to 99 will (more often than not) get you through more than 20k monsters. Even more if you hunt your own gears and cards...

-w-
08-30-2009 10:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2009 01:56 AM by Avalon_Fates.)
08-31-2009 12:45 AM
YuYuYuki Offline

I was thinking of an approach for this other than just setting inactive players to 0 after X amount of time passes.

What if their was a set amount of points in systems like the TK ranker system. Oh this is going to be hard to explain.

Let's say their was a 10,000 point fixed total for all the TK's to compete over through TK missions. And that any time someone gains a point another is randomly loss by another TK or an open pot.

Now what this means is the more points a person has the more likely it that they will randomly lose a point. If the top ranked person has 500 points that means they have a 500/10,000 (%0.05) chance in losing a point when someone else gains a point. Compared to the bottom ranked 150 point holder who would have a 150/10,000 (%0.015) chance. This adds a natural degradation to inactive TK's at all levels of the ranking system and keeps competition tighter and more active.

Their should also be an open pot for unused points to filter into when TK's get deleted, ban, or job change to soul links, ect.

Dose that make sense?

[Image: yuyusig600.jpg]

Wish List
Raydic Card - GWC - Skin of Ventus - Bloody Ball - Tao Gunka Card
08-31-2009 09:03 AM
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

What makes sense to me is to make the same or a greater amount of effort than they did in other to get to their rank...

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
08-31-2009 09:26 AM
OrangeXP Offline

I wouldn't like losing a point for any reason. That's someone's way of saying "lol, you just wasted 15 minutes/15 hours killing 100 of some random monster."
08-31-2009 09:31 AM
YuYuYuki Offline

RE:??Inactive Ranker Removal Script

Avalon_Fates Wrote:Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.

I'm not begging, I'm pointing a broken system that will lead to a broken class.

If you follow the current system to it's logical conclusion then eventually everyone in the top ten list will have 1000 plus points or more as the minimum requirement to become ranker gets higher and higher. Right now it's 157 meaning when I get to the top ten the new minimum will become 159 and that's assuming me and the current bottom sitter don't start competing and raise the bar that way. So eventually with enough time all ten spots will beheld by 1000+ point holders regardless of whether or not it's been years since their last log on.

Now lets see how much time a new and active player would have to invest to break into the top ten spot.

100 kills = 1 point that's 100,000 kills needed.

Lets say you could get 100 specific kills every 30min including travel time. That's 48 points every 24 hours.

1000 / 48 = 20.83 days or 500 hours of time needed.

Even if you played 10 hours a day, which is ludicrous, doing nothing but tk ranker missions, which would get boring and cut you off from any other activity in game,??it would take you 50 days back to back.

That's unreasonable, that's broken, and I take personally when someone accuses me of begging for proposing a fair fix.

[Image: yuyusig600.jpg]

Wish List
Raydic Card - GWC - Skin of Ventus - Bloody Ball - Tao Gunka Card
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2009 09:48 AM by YuYuYuki.)
08-31-2009 09:43 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE: ??Inactive Ranker Removal Script

I agree with you Yuuki

Atleast, on someone saying your begging which your not.

I don't play Taekwon, I have no idea how the mechanics really work.
But if you can (which your doing now) point out whats wrong with this system to a taekwon, a ranker, then you should be good.

To say this change will be implemented is up to the GM's for that.
And getting them to change there minds is basically impossible.

But let other rankers see this, let other taekwon players see this and I guarantee you won't be alone.

Who better to know about being a taekwon, than a active taekwon ranker /swt.

Still, changes to the script here rarely happens, but itd still reccomend showin, talking about this with other taekwons.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
08-31-2009 10:02 AM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

Maybe the following analogy will help you:

Sports world records!
For 100m sprint the current world record is below 9 sec (I think), and if someone breaks the record he's the record holder until someone is faster than him. What you suggest is, that the world record should worsen by 0.1 sec every year, so other people get a chance to break it? That makes no sense at all.

Of course getting a TK to be ranker is easier on newer servers, but hey! There's other issues on newer servers too (unavailability of gear, cards and parties). If you feel overwhelmed by the effort it takes to become TK ranker, then just don't try to. I'm not planning to climb the mount everest either! It's like always: If you aim high, you gotta work for it.

Once in a while there will be someone going inactive, or a new guy putting up all that effort. That's the chances to get in there. It's a competition after all!

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
08-31-2009 10:13 AM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

I like the idea of reducing world records over time XD

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
08-31-2009 10:43 AM