Poll: The poll question is this. Should heRO implement such a script if it becomes available? Maybe even come up with something on it's own?
This poll is closed.
Yes heRO should add or develop this. 18.00% 9 18.00%
No 82.00% 41 82.00%
Total 50 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inactive Ranker Removal Script
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Inactive Ranker Removal Script

This I consider to be answered already, quoting for impact. Maybe.

GM-Ayu Wrote:If a ranker be it TK or chemist or smith is banned or not playing, their position will never increase, so really it's only a matter of time you can overcome it if you are willing to work for it.

Likewise for nobility board as well: we will not clear it.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
09-01-2009 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

RE: ??Inactive Ranker Removal Script

YuYuYuki Wrote:
Avalon_Fates Wrote:Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.

I'm not begging, I'm pointing a broken system that will lead to a broken class.

If you follow the current system to it's logical conclusion then eventually everyone in the top ten list will have 1000 plus points or more as the minimum requirement to become ranker gets higher and higher. Right now it's 157 meaning when I get to the top ten the new minimum will become 159 and that's assuming me and the current bottom sitter don't start competing and raise the bar that way. So eventually with enough time all ten spots will beheld by 1000+ point holders regardless of whether or not it's been years since their last log on.

Now lets see how much time a new and active player would have to invest to break into the top ten spot.

100 kills = 1 point that's 100,000 kills needed.

Lets say you could get 100 specific kills every 30min including travel time. That's 48 points every 24 hours.

1000 / 48 = 20.83 days or 500 hours of time needed.

Even if you played 10 hours a day, which is ludicrous, doing nothing but tk ranker missions, which would get boring and cut you off from any other activity in game,??it would take you 50 days back to back.

That's unreasonable, that's broken, and I take personally when someone accuses me of begging for proposing a fair fix.

Its not a broken system its a difficult system. There is a huge difference.

Would it be easier for me if all the inactive Noble people got kicked off ranking. Hell yes. Should it be done, hell no. You know how much zeny you have to burn to reach prince now. Heck even to reach ranked noble. Not to mention if you went for it you would have to deal with Guill and Silk taking their back as soon as you take it.

Stop being lazy and just work towards your goal. That or play a easier class.

All these stupid sport references are just making things annoying, so for the sake of making it easier to understand.

The Ranking System is like a world record. You set it, when someone beats it you lose it.

All the crap about Olympic metals and such is irrelevant to the discussion. You don't enter a event or reach a set mark and win Perma TK Ranker. Ive had friends work on Ranker for weeks on end to try and reach Ranking. They deserve it when they reach it, They proved they can work hard for the power they are getting. If we start removing their records because of inactivity how much of a bi7chslap to old members is that.

Like everything that involves a constant race to be King. Put in the time or get the frak off my hill.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
09-01-2009 09:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neja Offline
Discostick.

Lol. removing the tk'ers comeone ...
i bet alot of people dont know how lucky they are on hero dont know the cap of this server but i heard the top 10 gets the bonus... serious if that isnt a present given in ur hands i dunno anymore
on Official ro there only 1 ranker on my previous server u had top 3 leading up to 1 k+ points ... with alot less good gears(costums) then here to make it u even easier so do something for it else dont even bother with it

sorry to drag this older post back tho*

Sui.

[Image: suicinesig.gif]

Suicine - WS
Hariberu - High Wizard
Suicea - Star Gladiator
Hajima - Paladin
Yuzuhara - High Priest
(Take in mind i share my acounts with another belgium Idiot)
10-07-2009 07:02 AM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

Hmm I'm pretty sure there are 10 rankers on official too.
10-07-2009 08:59 AM
Neja Offline
Discostick.

Can be but then again population on the officials are a alot higher then here to so again more competition.

ill google some .

Sui.

[Image: suicinesig.gif]

Suicine - WS
Hariberu - High Wizard
Suicea - Star Gladiator
Hajima - Paladin
Yuzuhara - High Priest
(Take in mind i share my acounts with another belgium Idiot)
10-07-2009 10:08 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

The argument is TIME based? Icon_confused

Why are you playing ro if you are complaining about TIME spent to do something?

Seems like an oxymoron to meeeee.

In RO the time you spend shows your effort very much so. No new people start out with +9 superiors or a marc armor. You have to INVEST yourself to get what you want..it's not gonna just get handed to you.

Work for it and you'll get it. If you don't work for it, you don't deserve. But don't come here and ask to make it easier cause you don't feel like taking the time and effort to do so.

Sorry if this comes off as "flaming" or what not. It's not necessarily directed at the OP personally but more of a general population of people I have been hearing say the same things lately.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2009 10:30 AM by Sakurato.)
10-07-2009 10:26 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Issue has been answered already. Unless you got something completely new to say for why we should add this, just let this thread sink to the next page.

10-07-2009 12:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I have an easy solution.

Two ranker lists per class.

First for each will be an All-Time Hall Of Fame type list. And have the top ten total.

The second list for these classes will be top ten of characters that have gained a point or more within the last month.

It's like in sports. There are career totals and Active Player totals.

Just an idea.
10-26-2009 11:27 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Meh, I'd be in favor of complete board wipes every [insert period of time]. Logically, this shouldn't effect the game for anyone. If you're an active brewer/ranker/forger you'll be right back on the list at, or near, where you were before. If you're not, then you lose your spot - try harder next time (or now!). At the same time, some people enjoy seeing their large numbers, so keep a table that shows the top 10 of each board including a cumulative total of points that is NOT reset by each wipe (these "hall of fame" showings would have no effect on in game, just for those who would say "but I liked seeing all those points").

A wipe of the in game boards every so often would be healthy, I think, and encourage more competition which would be fun.

Before anyone thinks I'm just angsty because I'm not on the boards, I don't have a TK or a forger - but I'm the #1 ranked brewer on the server.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-27-2009 12:16 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

<3 AzureRogue....

well tbh if it becomes a monthly deal then i guess it's OK as a mechanism to keep respective contestants active. But to wipe out high scores is just disrespectful imho...

-w-
10-27-2009 02:16 AM