Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE: Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

Again way 2 many people to quote.

I will clarify, I had no proof of +10 Equips from alde those were my exaggerations that weren't needed in this topic.

Same with god items but you still do get the matts I won't back off on that.

The main objective of this thread was to point out why Alde is still here, when its not an active attraction for WoE.
Its not fought over, every WoE.

Proxy what you said about Behe holding Pront Made me LOOOOOOOL.

LW owned pront. LW had there defense on LOCK. We still fought there, we still pushed for it.

That doesn't happen in alde, not on a regular WoE schedule.

I like aaron's Idea of moving non trans WoE to another day.
I like closing alde alot better though.

Like I said, the comments I made about the +10 item and Actual God items (matts yes you have) I have no proof on and I shouldn't have put that on this thread.

Again, I'm sorry, but the problems still persists.

Don't avoid it /swt and get on other topics.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-01-2009 08:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Indra Offline

I will be very disappointed if the two guilds that attacked Alde on Sunday get deterred from attacking Wednesday by this thread. Looking forward to an engaging WoE.
09-01-2009 09:10 PM
Yuriohs Offline

RE:??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

Indra Wrote:I will be very disappointed if the two guilds that attacked Alde on Sunday get deterred from attacking Wednesday by this thread.??Looking forward to an engaging WoE.

One, one of guilds that attacked was us, and it was scouting, I've been doing this for a while with them.

Aegis?? I don't think they Alde WoE, I don't know though.

Do you have an explanation for the months of guilds not focusing attacks on alde? Besides me scouting?

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
09-01-2009 09:47 PM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

Any GM opinion on this? Some people seem to see this as an "The pissed members of the other guilds are jealous at BS for their easy time" thing, which definatly holds a lot negative potential...
If there was a GM decision on this, the whole pointless discussion lead on 2 fundamentally different bases could be stopped at once.

I heard that there are GMs that do WoE. I like that you don't let your job ruin your playing experience. But still, WoE is a kind of war in which you can easily loose your objectiveness. Please consider this for yourself when deciding what to do.

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
09-01-2009 09:48 PM
Kroms Offline

Indra Wrote:I will be very disappointed if the two guilds that attacked Alde on Sunday get deterred from attacking Wednesday by this thread.??Looking forward to an engaging WoE.

I will give you an engaging WoE Indra Evil If GMs actually decide to move the Alde WoE to some other day.
If they do you better be ready for me cutie.Ok

Kroms : Clown
Lavoisier : Creator
Chapo : Whitesmith
Irra  : Assassin Cross
-Kroms-  : Champion
09-01-2009 10:26 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

again, my point is: Alde being 'not fought over every WOE' is not BS's fault.

HeRO provides the Halloween quest all year although the rewards are lowered. Not many people seem to do it as apparently not that many people are interested in going against hollow poring. So if you're analogizing HeRO features to commercial products, i'll say providing that quest all year round fails even more than non-trans WOE. But should it be discontinued just because of that?

non-trans retro WOE is a feature.
Like it or not, it is a feature quite unique that some people may actually pick it out in RMS due to it not being available in a lot of other servers.

it being not a "well-sought out" feature for the current population is not the provider's fault but rather the players fault for not taking the most advantage of available features...

move it to another day?
again, BS members actually work for what they got. They knowingly forgo their chance to get a better castle with the potential for better action and/or eco so that they may defend Alde properly.
If you envy them or say that they are undeserving, than prove that you are better and that you deserve Alde more than they do by making the same sacrifices they do.

when you want to tell people you beat Roger Federer, it is only prudent to challenge him in a tennis court rather than in a soccer field...

-w-
09-02-2009 12:37 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Neuneck Wrote:Any GM opinion on this? Some people seem to see this as an "The pissed members of the other guilds are jealous at BS for their easy time" thing, which definatly holds a lot negative potential...

We don't usually post (except for moderating duties) on highly controversial topics until the very end when we reached a definite plan that we are going to go with. Usually when a GM posts even just opinion or share insight on some of the potential brainstorm on the topic when the GM team isn't finalized in their decision yet, it's going to get quoted nonstop and taken as "truths." After that, the misinformation spreads like wildfire. Most of the time, we even make a practice post on how to word it and then fix the wording within GM forum before we send a representative to make the actual post.

Remember the time when the share account related rules got started? Even though the idea was agreed among the GMs, lack of good diction practice (due to lack of a practice post) resulted in a totally unnecessary 8+ page argument and a few guilds pissed off enough to do even more extreme measures. Let's not go through that one again.

09-02-2009 01:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

mahawirasd Wrote:again, my point is: Alde being 'not fought over every WOE' is not BS's fault.

HeRO provides the Halloween quest all year although the rewards are lowered. Not many people seem to do it as apparently not that many people are interested in going against hollow poring. So if you're analogizing HeRO features to commercial products, i'll say providing that quest all year round fails even more than non-trans WOE. But should it be discontinued just because of that?

non-trans retro WOE is a feature.
Like it or not, it is a feature quite unique that some people may actually pick it out in RMS due to it not being available in a lot of other servers.

it being not a "well-sought out" feature for the current population is not the provider's fault but rather the players fault for not taking the most advantage of available features...

move it to another day?
again, BS members actually work for what they got. They knowingly forgo their chance to get a better castle with the potential for better action and/or eco so that they may defend Alde properly.
If you envy them or say that they are undeserving, than prove that you are better and that you deserve Alde more than they do by making the same sacrifices they do.

when you want to tell people you beat Roger Federer, it is only prudent to challenge him in a tennis court rather than in a soccer field...

-w-

What sacrifices are you referring to? They arguably use less supplies each WoE (no AD/EDP use and a lesser sense of ferocity of attackers, if any, which limits pot usage. This only applies to those in BS that stick around in alde, this clearly doesn't apply to those of you that participate in trans WoE) and they spend just as much time WoEing as everyone else does.

As for forgoing a chance at a "better castle" that's pretty subjective. Once again it all depends on the level of attackers and most of the community will agree that Alde doesn't see the same consistency/ferocity of attacks as seen in trans WoE. Alde becomes fairly comparable to trans castles when trans castles are broken frequently (therefore never getting past a decent level of econ in the first place). While alde may be capped, it seems to be a far more steady source of econ compared to trans castles.

At this stage, moving it to another day seems quite fair. From what I understand alde was originally implemented so that newer players could participate in WoE without being steamrolled by trans chars. As has already been stated, this concept loses all meaning when the only guild that takes alde seriously (on a consistent basis) is made up of players that are anything but new. New players don't stand any more chance in alde than they do in trans castles at this point.

If you want to argue alde was implemented so people could relive non trans WoE, why wasn't it made so that it had it's own time slot in the first place? The general consensus in this thread is that while most people have expressed interest in wanting to participate in Alde WoE, it is always going to take a back seat to trans WoE. At least by giving Alde WoE it's own time slot, you'll see an increase competition and everyone will be able to participate without being forced to choose between one or the other.

As it stands, new players have nothing to gain from Alde WoE. It doesn't provide a realistic experience of "real" WoE and in the long run they have no more chance at being competitive in Alde WoE than they do in trans WoE. That being said, are there really any negative aspects in giving Alde WoE it's own time slot? The benefits have been iterated here multiple times but so far I'm not seeing any downsides to this suggestion.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
09-02-2009 01:38 AM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

I will repeat - once more - that this is NOT an Everyone versus Bamboo Squad topic! It is about Alde WoE. Bamboo happens to hold it, and being an old (maybe even ancient) guild on this server has the power to rid Alde off the original meaning.

STILL nobody called for Bamboo being diallowed to WoE in Alde.

IF this were whining about BS getting easy eco, people would use the REASON Alde is there to try and get BS out of there!!

It's the other way round. I don't think it's BS fault, or even that BS is the reason no extensive nontrans WoE has happened these days. I agree with Nids, that, if nontrans WoE were to be on another day, depending on my timeframe (Server time +6 hrs unfortunately stops me from joining wed's WoE since it's 3-4 AM for me) I would just LOVE to create a nontrans char and check it out! I really would!

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
09-02-2009 04:51 AM
Yuriohs Offline

I made the mistake of making my posts seem like I am attacking Bamboo. I am pissed, but not at them. They're just going to be the people I take out all my anger on in WoE Evil

And from what I am seeing, alot of people are agreeing with moving alde to another day.

Ill make a poll since I think its neccesary atm.

09-02-2009 07:04 AM