Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE:??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

Astroboi Wrote:Since BS leader tends to always avoid any discussion about Aldebaran, taking it for granted since GMs are backing it, I will reply for him:

Hello, I have been woeing in payon/pront for the past weeks(months?), I believe that says a lot about Aldebaran's activity.
He doesn't post on this topic because we asked him not to.

Neuneck Wrote:(...)
What you suggested, creating a nontrans part of the guild would weaken our trans team by draining people. Still we'd not be sure to even stand a chance against Bamboo
(...)
Oh because when you attack a trans castle you spread your guild in 3 groups and attack 3 trans castles at once? That totally makes sense.

Sugoii Wrote:(...)
1- So new people can feel less shitty because there are no EDP sinxs and creators to one shot them every time?
(...)
2- Its one of the biggest guild in the server and from what I hear the people in it are quite rich.
(...)
1- Yeah I didn't learn a lot from being killed by an appearing trans assassin on my side.
I also didn't learn from throwing myself into a precast. That got me bored of WoE and I almost had totally quit it.
I finally came back after a lot of harassment to WoE in Alde because it's less violent. We have more time to react and such with non-trans characters. I'm not much of a PVP player as you can see and a big part of the "rich people" in Bamboo don't WoE ether.

2- I'm "rich" because I don't waste all my freaking ressources into EDPs and ADs, nor 500 white potions and everything you can list, twice a week.

Astroboi Wrote:(...)
1- leave non-trans-WoE as is. (Makes little sense, It's sad but, as good as it was, the original idea failed. It didn't catch the population's interest. What happens when a company releases a promotional product and it fails? It's discontinued.)

2- Close non-trans WoE.

3- Change/add a feature about it to attract players. The best idea so far that has been suggested by many is moving it to another day. (this gets my +1).
1- It doesn't catch interest? Then upgrade the maximum economy from 20 to 50 and you will see people much more interested into taking it.

3- Moving it to another day would be a mistake. When LW owned Prontera they could then have the chance to own 2 castle easily with the same staff, raising their wealth to at least 120 eco. It is just a question of time before another guild reach that bar again.

If another guild comes to that dominating point they will have a much more damaging wealth than a 20 eco Alde can provide by its own.

mahawirasd Wrote:(...)
The server is giving you a whole different challenge to rise up to, and it's your own fault for not answering that call...
(...)
+1
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2009 08:51 AM by Pistis_Sophia.)
09-02-2009 08:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: ??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:1- It doesn't catch interest? Then upgrade the maximum economy from 20 to 50 and you will see people much more interested into taking it.

Lol it is really insulting to think people are that stupid.??Nice try to get more free chests ;l

Like I said hmmm, like 2 years ago? : The only way to make alde being what it is supposed to be "a training place" is to make it give no reward thus no chest at all.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2009 09:14 AM by Général_Argos.)
09-02-2009 09:10 AM
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE:????Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:1- It doesn't catch interest? Then upgrade the maximum economy from 20 to 50 and you will see people much more interested into taking it.

Lol it is really insulting to think people are that stupid.??Nice try to get more free chests ;l

Ok so you're tealling me if Alde had a max of 100 eco and BS reached 100 no one would try to take it? That sounds ridiculous. Even with 50, being the only castle with eco sometimes, I'm sure it would get attacked much more.
09-02-2009 09:36 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

And yet giving it it's own time slot would provide even more action, without having to increase the econ.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
09-02-2009 09:46 AM
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE:??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

Nidsrule Wrote:And yet giving it it's own time slot would provide even more action, without having to increase the econ.

Giving it's own time slot would provide the same guild to own both trans WoE and non-trans WoE without increasing their guildies amount.
09-02-2009 09:54 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

I want to point this out.

People trying to get eco atm in the WoE castles are in pretty big guilds.

Most defenses in WoE that don't get over trampled usually have 20+ people and sometimes it grows as WoE goes on.

Alot of these people are key to defending there castles from a good bit of attacks every WoE so alot of them can't leave.

But some can.

A guild is holding a castle that isn't getting attacked, and is allied to another big guild.

The other big guild, thats facing the other big guild with their ally holding a castle that can only be attacked if nontrans enter in it.

Bamboo, is strong enough to hold off small, and petty attacks (Compared to what Trans WoE deal with, thats what it is)

Inorder for the nontrans castle, to even get competition, real competition, the other guild that is facing the guild allied to the one having the the nontrans castle has to sacrifice members , More members that are key to the defense of their own castle, just to go to non trans WoE.

I didn't mention names, because this would be true, like I said earlier in some of my posts, if DD had a nontrans guild on the side, while being allied to LoA. It would be the same if bamboo was in there or not, and if bamboo was allied to behemoth.
It would still be, the same discussion.

Another situaiton

Your guild is geared a good bit, you have a good bit of numbers (but not alot maybe up to 13 or 15.), but you don't have alot of hax items like GTB,GR's floating around.

You know, fighting in prontera over and over again won't get anywhere, so you fight in payon (this is to say,if payons defense isn't really "impossible") You have alot of numbers, but you require everyone because you don't have the haxness of GR's or GTB's to really protect everyone.

How is either side, supposed to hit a nontrans Castle, when they have to sacrifice doing something that in the long run will help them more.

They don't.

And a new guild hasn't come up to face Bamboo (lol unless I see aegis storm going to alde, I won't believe there going there.)

I wouldn't answer a call that would result in burning the work i've done for months.

But luckily, with my planning, I won't have to set a foot in alde.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-02-2009 09:58 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:
Nidsrule Wrote:And yet giving it it's own time slot would provide even more action, without having to increase the econ.

Giving it's own time slot would provide the same guild to own both trans WoE and non-trans WoE without increasing their guildies amount.

That makes no sense to me.
Please explain.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-02-2009 09:59 AM
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE:????Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

Yuriohs Wrote:
Pistis_Sophia Wrote:

That makes no sense to me.
Please explain.

Do you remember when Legendary Warriors had Prontera Castle at 100 economy? Now imagine they could takeover non-trans WoE on another schedule. This is what I mean.

If you're going to say no guild has that domination at the moment, just wait. I'm sure another guild will eventually takeover.
09-02-2009 10:02 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

But youd have every other guild there as well. As it is now, you have NE, Revenga, LoA/DD and behe/apoc/BS split between 3 castles. If you give Alde it's own time slot, you open up the chance to have all of those guilds (assuming they are all interested in participating) fighting for a single castle. This isn't trans WoE where you can nuke incoming attackers with AD/EDP; if anything you'd most likely see more drawn out fights in the emp room. Compared to trans WoE, it really is a different experience.

The amount of guildies they can afford to bring to a non trans WoE will depend on whether or not all of their guildies have a secondary non trans char to use. Splitting WoE between non trans and trans time slots would allow all guilds to focus on both styles of WoE separately, instead of having to decide between taking one or the other seriously.

EDIT: Whether or not Alde is given it's own time slot, looking back at when LW held Pront, there were numerous occasions where LW walked away holding 2-3 castles. The best we ever managed in a single WoE was 169 total econ split between 3 castles. In that case, the whole server was focused on taking down Pront, so Alde was essentially left empty. It's an entirely different story when you condense the server's WoEing population down into a single castle. Personally I think heRO has struck a rather decent power balance at this stage.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2009 10:10 AM by Nidsrule.)
09-02-2009 10:06 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

mmmm i dont want to get in the middle of this but i think we are finger pointing. but to be honest i think some of the post are more of steam letting then constructive discussion.

i believe that Alde has more than enough incentive as a training WoE castle though. if its meant to be a training castle not a propper WoE castle, its designed so that ppl move on from it to the bigger WoE once they learn enough from it. the down side obviously is the non trans side but thats expected cos if you trans you should know the game well enough if you are a PvP-er. i believe this is the reason its so quiet and left out.

now if ppl havent noticed BS is a training guild by mission statement. i agree that yes it is run by a few of the oldest players in the server but not all of us WoE nor are we that rich as people imagine. most of us just sit around and chat and have jello for muscles. *hides from cucu* ok ok i'm the one that sit around and chat and have jello for muscles, dun hurt meee....

anyways where were we? its seriously left out tho imo. maybe look into why that is so? oh and just in case... I stopped WoEing ages ago. both alde WoE and normal WoE. dont have the time... so please dont hit me too hard if i said something that you think is stupid and misinformed. its just my 2 cents worth of opinion. *pulls out a hat and collects 2 cents*

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2009 10:20 AM by Rei Ayanami.)
09-02-2009 10:17 AM