Poll: What do you want to happen with Non Trans WoE yo?
This poll is closed.
Close it Down 17.81% 13 17.81%
Revamp it, make it new to attract more people 9.59% 7 9.59%
Makes it have no eco 5.48% 4 5.48%
Move it to another day 41.10% 30 41.10%
Leave it the way it is 26.03% 19 26.03%
Total 73 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you want to happen with NonTrans WoE?
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

RE: What do you want to happen with NonTrans WoE?

I'm going to go out on a limb and speak from an outside perspective.

This discussion, as has been pointed out, is turning into Bamboo vs World. Bamboo is claiming that they actively participate, so there must be some demand. The other side is claiming that it is not worth their time, yet it's simultaneously too valuable to be left alone. From what I can see, many people think the monopoly should be broken, or at least threatened. This, in itself, is a sensible reaction. But what does the monopoly do that cannot be matched? All I know is, they keep some 98-99 chars without pushing them to meet the valkyrie. Any person who's ever made a trans char can obviously make a nontrans. I fail to see why it's so impossible to break the monopoly.

Don't blame the system for your unwillingness to act.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
09-03-2009 06:47 AM
Find all posts by this user
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

What he said.
09-03-2009 07:09 AM
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE:??What do you want to happen with NonTrans WoE?

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and speak from an outside perspective.??

This discussion, as has been pointed out, is turning into Bamboo vs World.??Bamboo is claiming that they actively participate, so there must be some demand.??The other side is claiming that it is not worth their time, yet it's simultaneously too valuable to be left alone.??From what I can see, many people think the monopoly should be broken, or at least threatened.??This, in itself, is a sensible reaction.??But what does the monopoly do that cannot be matched???All I know is, they keep some 98-99 chars without pushing them to meet the valkyrie.??Any person who's ever made a trans char can obviously make a nontrans.??I fail to see why it's so impossible to break the monopoly.

I agree pretty much. You point the root of the problem.
09-03-2009 07:39 AM
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and speak from an outside perspective.

This discussion, as has been pointed out, is turning into Bamboo vs World. Bamboo is claiming that they actively participate, so there must be some demand. The other side is claiming that it is not worth their time, yet it's simultaneously too valuable to be left alone. From what I can see, many people think the monopoly should be broken, or at least threatened. This, in itself, is a sensible reaction. But what does the monopoly do that cannot be matched? All I know is, they keep some 98-99 chars without pushing them to meet the valkyrie. Any person who's ever made a trans char can obviously make a nontrans. I fail to see why it's so impossible to break the monopoly.

Nothing more to add

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
09-03-2009 08:46 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Then...obviously the lack of real attackers/interest in Alde is a problem.??There obviously isn't enough of it other than from ONE guild...

I wouldn't care what guild holds this castle, but the lack of interest does seem to have been a problem with this castle all the time.??I remember before Bamboo this castle was there and was practically empty all the time.??I went one time with another guildmate (forgot who in LoA, I think Machi's SN) and we ran into NO one till emperium room where we ran into some other Knight who was also trying to break the castle.

Its kind of the same thing, nobody is very focused on Alde but one select guild, lack of interest is OBVIOUSLY there, so that's what needs to be worked on, and the easiest solution to me seems to be to change the time to some sort of once a week deal.??Heck even double the eco for it, 40 is a pretty darn good number if a ton of people actually fight over it. o.O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2009 10:47 AM by Aaronock.)
09-03-2009 09:05 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE:??What do you want to happen with NonTrans WoE?

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and speak from an outside perspective.??

This discussion, as has been pointed out, is turning into Bamboo vs World.??Bamboo is claiming that they actively participate, so there must be some demand.??The other side is claiming that it is not worth their time, yet it's simultaneously too valuable to be left alone.??From what I can see, many people think the monopoly should be broken, or at least threatened.??This, in itself, is a sensible reaction.??But what does the monopoly do that cannot be matched???All I know is, they keep some 98-99 chars without pushing them to meet the valkyrie.??Any person who's ever made a trans char can obviously make a nontrans.??I fail to see why it's so impossible to break the monopoly.

How can a guild act without opening there defenses? If you look in the discussion thread (/swt why am I even quoting this)

What alot of people arn't getting is that there HAVE been teams from STD coming to alde, but it isn't enough. I never mentioned that bamboo didn't defend there castle ofc they do. I only say that they don't defend it against a real non trans guild, or anyone more than 8 people at one time.

I've sent people there, almost breaking alde, but failing. I'm coming up with a plan (if it doesn't get moved) so that Alde will be broken down, and farmed.

But I can't sacrifice key members of our defense, of the guild im ins defense just to break a castle that has 20 eco.

It seems like, people want us to break alde, leave pront alone, and let the other guilds get it.

Naaaaa bro, that will never be the case unless we get more people.

Heres an easy way to put it, even if behe and bamboo weren't allied note this would be the case if any guild had an ally non trans and trans guild.

Behe/STD have the largest turnouts on most of the WoE's.
When Apoc was still here, they allied with Behe.
Behe outnumbers STD
Behe+Apoc+some BS members = Wensday and Sunday WoE's.

We're outnumbered, and you want us to leave?!!!

Again, Sophia, and Krogoth (all who agree with that idea) unless you want us to lose, your argument makes no sense.

BUT it is your opinion, so its all good cause thats mine.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-03-2009 11:30 AM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

Your argument is that it's unfair because you have to make a choice. Obviously you'd rather occupy yourself with trans woe than break the 20 eco in alde. That, however, is YOUR CHOICE instead of an inherent mechanic of the game. You have decided it's not worth your time.

Yet you also seem to believe it's a broken and abused system that's too valuable to be left in the hands that currently hold it. Is it worthless, or valuable? It cannot be both.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
09-03-2009 06:46 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE:????What do you want to happen with NonTrans WoE?

Astroboi Wrote:Please find a valid point other than "If a guild comes to a domination standard , then they can own 2 castle, increasing their wealth limit." which is a disguised "I don't even like WoE, I just want to reap easy rewards and If something changes I will lose my easy revenue." WoE is war, the strongest guild wins. Suck it up.*

then perhaps one should read one's word first before posting... Perhaps one should prove that one COULD take alde to show one's strength before telling the ones who lost the castle to suck it up...

personally i don't recall ever getting anything from my guild's treasure boxes. Furthermore, i think i did WOE once or twice, and when i did it was when the emp was broken and i had to asura guardians so that my guild mates can go through. So i guess there at least WAS some people interested in doing it. And perhaps even undermanned team (< 8 ppl) CAN actually break alde's emp. So why don't you guys give it a go?

<3 Krogoth

Street bro, again, sorry but your being outnumbered isn't anyone's fault but yourself. IF you want alde, then don't do trans WOE, dedicate yourself to alde. If you feel undermanned to go against STD and apoc and behe, why don't just go against BS? I'm sure you won't be the undermanned side in that fight if you dedicate all your personnel there...

Aaronock, i agree with your view on the situation. There is a lack of interest, but whose fault is it?
Must majority rule always steer a p-server?

funny thing is, if all the people who posted here talking like they give a damn actually went up against Alde together, i'm pretty sure you guys can give BS a run for their money. But why are you guys just talking here and not really channeling all that energy to conquer alde, keep it for a few months, show that you can dominate, and THEN say to the GM's "hey, alde is too easy for us to keep, we feel like we're abusing it, so what say we relinquish control of this castle so that you guys can move it to another day so that other people may compete and we'll have more fun?"

-w-
09-03-2009 09:13 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

RE: ????What do you want to happen with NonTrans WoE?

mahawirasd Wrote:
Astroboi Wrote:Please find a valid point other than "If a guild comes to a domination standard , then they can own 2 castle, increasing their wealth limit." which is a disguised "I don't even like WoE, I just want to reap easy rewards and If something changes I will lose my easy revenue." WoE is war, the strongest guild wins. Suck it up.*

then perhaps one should read one's word first before posting... Perhaps one should prove that one COULD take alde to show one's strength before telling the ones who lost the castle to suck it up...

personally i don't recall ever getting anything from my guild's treasure boxes. Furthermore, i think i did WOE once or twice, and when i did it was when the emp was broken and i had to asura guardians so that my guild mates can go through. So i guess there at least WAS some people interested in doing it. And perhaps even undermanned team (< 8 ppl) CAN actually break alde's emp. So why don't you guys give it a go?

<3 Krogoth

Street bro, again, sorry but your being outnumbered isn't anyone's fault but yourself. IF you want alde, then don't do trans WOE, dedicate yourself to alde. If you feel undermanned to go against STD and apoc and behe, why don't just go against BS? I'm sure you won't be the undermanned side in that fight if you dedicate all your personnel there...

Aaronock, i agree with your view on the situation. There is a lack of interest, but whose fault is it?

funny thing is, if all the people who posted here talking like they give a damn actually went up against Alde together, i'm pretty sure you guys can give BS a run for their money. But why are you guys just talking here and not really channeling all that energy to conquer alde, keep it for a few months, show that you can dominate, and THEN say to the GM's "hey, alde is too easy for us to keep, we feel like we're abusing it, so what say we relinquish control of this castle so that you guys can move it to another day so that other people may compete and we'll have more fun?"

-w-

I think youre missing the point....

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
09-03-2009 10:22 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE: ????What do you want to happen with NonTrans WoE?

mahawirasd Wrote:

<3 Krogoth

-w-

Geffen was closed down due to lack of poppulation from WoE to support it.

Why is alde still up? AHH yea because its a "feature"
So is regular WoE /swt, some servers don't have WoE its not a requirement for a Rag server (it is in my book)

Those servers are lame btw.

Look at the picture. Not the small one near the sink, the big one behind you.

Non trans WoE has no community to support Alde, and we, the people who do reg WoE shouldn't have to come down there to give you all competition.

When geffen was closed, DD was the last to have it.

We didn't cry and be all like, Its not our problem the other guilds fought in other places.

No, we wanted competition. We wanted more of a real WoE, not some fake version of us killing kadar.

What does Bamboo want?

And what I lol about, is geffen was a castle that had regular eco.
It was still attacked sometimes, but no tall the time.
It was still closed down, due to lack of pop.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-04-2009 08:09 AM
Thread Closed