Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Priestess in Love with a God's Enemy
Riza Offline
Frozen Heart

The Priestess in Love with a God's Enemy

A story I once wrote in german. I used an online-translator here since this is a looong one... Corrected some mistakes but probably not all. Hope you still enjoy.

It was a sunny Saturday morning. The market in the center of the small medieval city was in full swing. They heard the clucking of hens, the goats bleat, quacks loudly praised their goods here and there, happy music, general noise, such as one hears it, if there are many people in one place. Was offered all sorts of goods. Of course, a huge selection of fresh foods such as fruits, vegetables, meat, fish and cheese, while others sold weapons of all kinds, tempered sword, daggers, razor-sharp, gorgeous bow, even a few special weapons. Then there were various items of clothing, as well as armor, or simply beautiful fabrics. Healing potions or any other miracle remedies already belonged to the agenda. And in some stalls there were even rare remnants of nearly invincible dragons and other creatures.

The young priestess, Mariela, watched the goings-on in a while from her tower window. The monastery, in which she lived, was very close, so she could watch everything. Her long blond hair was blowing in the wind as she transcended her head to have an even better view.
And as it happened, her look went on a young lad who had just suggested in a negotiated conversation. He had a friendly face and exuded a sunny disposition. His cloak had many pockets, which obviously were not meaningless. Now and then he poked his glasses on his nose, apparently went through a list agreed by then shook hands with the customer and handed him a small vial, its contents wasnt recognizeable from a distance.
After the buyer had gone, the young man counted his money again and then put his glasses aside. Something he dug out from under his counter, fed it to a small animal, at his side. Probably still a baby. Then his gaze wandered through the crowd and eventually met with Marielas. Frightened and shy, her cheeks flushed red, but he just gave her a charming smile, which she smiled back. Then she was summoned inside.
It was Sister Anna, who was like a mother to her.
"Baby, please do go once just to the market and bring me a small tube of this cream .. well you know what that against my joint pain!"
"Sure!" Mariela assured her, grabbed her cloak, and immediately went on her way out.

She closed the door carefully behind her, and took a few minutes later on the marketplace. Interested and enthusiastic she looked at the colorful things that were everywhere. Suddenly nudged from behind a small sheep on her leg, she turned around startled. But the big expectant eyes of the little creature instantly brought her heart to melt. She bent down and patted the little animals fur, the little sheep was obviously enjoying extremely.
"May I introduce, Bora, my little masterpiece"
She looked up and saw the friendly young face from before.
"This is your sheepy? What a gorgeous creature. One could almost say I just fell in love "
"I think that me .. My name is Felix by the way!"
Elated, he held out his hand.
"Mariela"

It was love at first sight. Felix took the little lamb in his arms, and together the two strolled across the square.
"And what do you do? Please tell me more about yourself, what do you sell here? "
"I'm sort of scientist. Attempts to help people to better bear their suffering. I have developed a variety of potions .. Operate the side but still have the biochemistry .. A very complex area, but very interesting! And my little miracle you already got to know! "
"I do not understand .."
Mariela got quiet .. already suspecting something terrible, but did not want to admit it yet. Her eyes fell almost unnoticed on the little lamb .. Felix, who did not notice her insecurity, just nodded satisfied.
"Bora is perfect, my little miracle, unbelievable, but it is my work .."
Sadness began to spread on Mariela's face. We humans are not the master of life and death, only God alone can decide .. These were the words that her own father said to her, when her mother was dying .. A tear ran down her cheek as she gazed into the big, helpless, childlike eyes of the little lamb ..
Then she felt a warm, soothing gesture on her skin. Felix had already removed her tears from her face, then took it into his hands, looked deeply into her eyes.
"Hey .. What's wrong with you ..?" Why are you suddenly so sad ..? "
Mariela lowered her eyes, she had already lost from the first moment her heart .. To a man she could never have. Her father was not only a formerly successful knight and faithful servant of the king .. He himself took his place a few years ago and now ruled the country. Would he find out that his only daughter was together with a man whom he would describe as an "enemy of God" .. He would leave him immediately to kill. A deep despair lay at one time at her heart ..
Until she could suddenly feel a shy but nice touch on her lips. There were his. But suddenly he stepped back and apologized sincerely for his momentary weakness.
Silently they continued their way. Mariela took care of the ointment for sister Anna, and then she said already goodbye to him.
"I must go, they're expecting me .."
"Wait! Mariela .. Will I see you again ..? I love you .. "
The last sentence he whispered, almost unnoticed, but Mariela heard him .. She could hardly pull herself together. She was almost unable to say anything and her heart hurted.
"I think .. it will not be possible .. .. i am a priestess and the daughter of King Adamo .."
Felix was pale. Immediately, he knew what he had embarked on . As the position of the king was nationally known ..
Mariela could not bear it any longer and ran away.

She handed the ointment to sister Anna, but disappeared immediately to her room and inclosed herself the rest of the day. Also on the night she found no rest .. She could not sleep, her thoughts were only about Felix. She always saw his kind eyes, his smile. Lived through the touch of her first kiss. Without finding sleep, she lay awake all night. On the day she completed her tasks in silence. Didnt talk to anyone, hardly ate anything, left to her room whenever she could ..
She didnt get better in the following weeks.

In one weekend, her worried brother came to visit. A pious monk, at the same time someone who would be described as heart-throb. Was no wonder, with his muscular body, his blond hair and blue eyes. He pretty was like his father. But the relationship among the siblings was intimately, so on his insistence, she told all that had happened. However, his reaction was not surprising .. Gently, he tried to teach her that she had to get Felix out of her head. The father would never accept, and even he himself could hardly support ..
What they had no idea .. Behind the door, the worried sister, Anna stopped and listened to the conversation, since she also was worried about Mariela ..

In a full moon night, Mariela could not sleep as usual, she suddenly heard a faint whistle from outside. Since it did not stop, she entered her balcony to see what the reason was .. And when she saw him .. she began immediately to cry heartbreaking .. All that what she had tried to repress the past few weeks, suddenly came up to her.
He also went a tear from his eye over the cheek.
"Mariela .. .. My Love" he whispered ..

After a brief shock Mariela ran on the fastest way down and ran straight into the arms of Felix. For several minutes they just stood there .. with the light of the full moon above them, and they did not move. Then there was heard a muffled snort behind the walls, Mariela was frightened driving around, but Felix laid her gently his finger on her lips.
"Shh .. It's just Rossana, my mare. She has accompanied me for almost a lifetime. Want to see it?"
Mariela nodded, almost imperceptibly, they sneaked out of the yard. Only sister Anna threw a satisfied glance from one of their windows. Be happy ... she thought to herself, and then closed the curtains satisfied.

The white mane of the gorgeous mare was blowing in the wind. Besides her was Bora, the small flock, sleeping peacefully. Affectionate Mariela patted her fur and Rossana snorted satisfied. Felix carefully laid a warm cloak over Marielas shoulders and took her in his arms.
"Come with me, please .. I have a brother, he lives in a small place out in the desert .. Mariela, where we can be happy .. no one will find us .."
She could already guess from which of said Felix. It was rumored that many dark figures would stay there. On the other hand it would also be a place of commerce and the transients, so a new face would hardly attrac attention. The guard of the king was usually far this town, it was too dangerous because the military was the last thing that people wanted to see there.
Mariela nodded without hesitation. Felix helped her on the horse, gave her the sleeping Bora. Then he got up himself and they disappeared at a fast gallop in the dark and there was no more than an echo of a short neighing.

The road was long, they left the capital and crossed lush meadows and fields. After several days they reached a thick forest. They stopped in front and paused over night to continue right on the next morning on their way. At night the forest was dangerous. Strange creatures were waiting, but disappeared during daylight hours. It was therefore important to transit through this area in just one day. At the beginning Rossana whinnied dissatisfied and reluctant to go any further. Felix calmed her and she carefully entered the path between the ominous-looking trees .. After Rossana was somewhat safer, Felix gave her a light slap, shouted something, and they went with a fast gallop through the branches. They almost did not make any breaks, Rossana showed a remarkable stamina. It was dusk and the cry of the owl's were to be heard already. It immediately became very cold. Mariela clung anxiously to the neck of the horse.
"We can not make it .." Felix murmured more to himself. Then all at once. It flashed from Bora's eyes. Something had happened. Like magic, lay a bright aura around the four travelers. And with new powers Rossana whistled like the wind, it took only moments, and suddenly the forest thinned out.
Rossana stopped and they found themselves in front of a barren landscape. Covered with snow and icy cold. Felix found bit of wood and even managed to make a small fire. Bora put into the vicinity of the fire, covered with a coat, "I'm proud of you, my little miracle," he whispered to her before she fell into a deep sleep. Also Rossana clicked exhausted and rested.
Now dedicated Felix to Mariela. Her blue lips were shivering because of the cold. He brought her also to the fire, still got a thick skin, covered her with it and took her in his arms. Lovingly, he strokes her on her blonde hair, put almost inadvertently a free part of her neck. Touched her white skin with tender kisses, Mariela ceased to tremble. Turned slightly in his direction, looked into his eyes. His lips touched hers and his hands went over her petite body. She made everything happen. Even when his hands under her dress went their way .. in a choked voice, he whispered her name, she closed her eyes, her cheeks were feverishly hot. But they were covered in this abandoned landscape, and loved each other.

An indefinable noise from afar ripped Mariela out of her sleep. Tired she blinked, it was already light, the noise came rapidly nearer. And when she saw it, her heart did almost stop. An advanced guard of the king, at least 100 men, led by her father in person and her beloved brother at his side! She immediately shook awake Felix and was total desperated. Now everything was over, she couldnt do anything.
Felix woke up Rossana and Bora, got his cloak, ordered to Mariela to go to the side walk, Rossana stood protectively in front of her.
"Seems that your day has come," Felix looked at Bora, got a red stone from his pocket, who immediately began to glow. Then a bright light emanated from this stone, banded together with Bora. The small flock grew suddenly into a magnificent adult sheep. Felix was now preparing himself for the fight. Took a heavy sword from its scabbard, which still hung on the saddle bag. His shield was reflected in the cold sun. The Knights were almost there. He shoved a few potions in his pockets, and now he was ready.
The king Marielas brother initially remained outside and watched the spectacle for a while. Felix defended himself valiantly against the royal army. One man after another fell. The face of the king was dark. Finally, he himself plunged into the crowd, surrounded by his loyal subjects. Felix did not see who attacked him, but there were more and more. Then he got hit by the king's sword in his chest. Felix cried briefly. In his desperation in the struggle for survival, he grabbed one of his vials. A highly explosive mixture. He threw it into the crowd. Some of the knights fell on the spot, including the King, Mariela's father ..
She screamed "No!"
At the same time her brother, who was still away, "Father!"
Furious and with tears in his eyes, he stared in horror at Felix. A light built up, then another .. and another .. a short movement of the monk brought the earth to quake. Mariela was trembling all over. Sometimes people speak reverently of a new technique of monks, a single blow, which immediately led to the death of the opponent. However, this technique was rarely used and only a few ever mastered it at all.. And once again gathered, this bluish light around the young monk. Slowly, and with tears in his eyes, he went on to Felix .. Not a single word escaped his lips. The wound to the shoulder of Felix was bleeding heavily and his strength slowly left him, he has already dropped to his knees .. Mariela's brother went on, determination written on his face.
Mariela stood up immediately, trying to remember the words which had been taught her in the convent. Spells, which should save her lover. She began to whisper those words, but was getting louder. A glimmer of like subtle fairy dust trickled down to Felix, stopped his bleeding wound, gave him new strength. Slowly he got up, looked into the eyes of his priestess, his friend, his mistress, his wife .. But it was too late. The young monk has already started to execute his last motion, accompanied by a black cloud which lay like a curse over the body of the young Biochemists. There was a bang, the earth shook a second time then it was quiet. The black fog got lost into the air and there he layed. Felix was dead, by a single blow of this monk. Murdered under the hand of the brother of his beloved Mariela. Mariela ran in horror at him, threw herself on his body fell into a crying fit. Her brother stood helplessly beside her. Like waking from a bad dream, he thought, what have I done .. Finally Took a tiny vial from his pocket. It was filled with deadly poison. Without hesitation he drank it until the last drop. Hence his life took a quick, painless death as well.
And there she was, Mariela, amidst the cold snow-covered landscape. A few scattered knights were standing, sitting silently dispersed at this venue.

Riiiza - (to rebirth asap) Alchemist - 79/43
Riiza - (dex/int is everything) Wizard - 72/4x

"Amor Mio" - Valminirth - 57
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2009 04:05 PM by Riza.)
09-05-2009 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Riza Offline
Frozen Heart

RE: The Priestess in Love with a God's Enemy

Now I've been asked to write more about Mariela.. so I try to get this continued Ok

It has been months yet, since the awful tragedy has happened. Mariela put silently a white rose on the grave of her parents. The past hurt. She was already grown up without a mother .. but now she lost even her father ..
She repressed the thought of her beloved brother. Inside, she refused to think of him or even to mourn.
Mariela got slowly up, her hand gently stroke her belly...
Yet she left the abbey to study something of - in her oppinion - greater significance. By now she knew, that the new technic, which was responsible for the death of Felix, was called Asura Strike. And since she knew its weakness, Mariela wore a vest under her garment, enchanted with the ghost's spirit.
Still stroking her stomach, suddenly something happened that inevitably caused a smile on Marielas face. Indeed Felix didn't finally leave her. His life, which ended so early would be continued by that little proof of their love, which was growing in Mariela's belly, since that snowy cold night in the abandoned landscape...
Mariela turned and glanced at the shadowy figure, which was standing at the church wall, whereupon he emerged from the shadows and went to Mariela. With a serious look he put her a warm cloak over her shoulders and helped her on the white mare, Rossana. Himself he stayed down and took the horse by the reins.
This was Meurtrier, the Brother of Felix, who lived in Morocc. The brothers could hardly be more different. While Felix created life, like Bora, the little sheepy, actually an homunculus, Meutrier was ending them. Initially it did cost her a lot of overcoming, to visit Felix' brother, who was actually an assassin. But what other choice did she have, since Felix was dead.. And although Meutrier used to be very silent, he still stood out as a pleasant fellow.
Unfortunately Bora left immediately, right after her master has died.. The typical behaviour of those homunculus.. Once they loose their owner, they become terribly sad and just leave..
Meutrier led Rossana through the narrow streets of Prontera. They never passed the market. Them both it had probably recalled Felix too much...
"Meurtrier..?" The young assassin suddenly was disappeared. Mariela knew, due to her studies, that in the assassin guild they exchanged secrets with each other - one was the trick about Cloaking. Meurtrier was professional and he mastered that trick perfectly yet. But he never used it while Mariela was present. Suddenly she felt very lonely and had a bad feeling, as she recognized in a corner some dark shapes...

to be continued..

09-17-2009 05:56 PM
Riza Offline
Frozen Heart

RE: The Priestess in Love with a God's Enemy

Meurtrier led the noble mare by the reins through the narrow streets. He was fully focused to note anything that could endanger Mariela or his brother's baby.. as he recognized a moving shadow among those housewalls..
First he decided to just keep going, as he noticed the shadow again - this time yet nearer than before. Thoughts went quickly through his head. Meutrier took a drop of his Speed Potion, ran cloaked to the other side of the street, uncloaked to backslide where the shadow had been..
Almost there he suddenly felt a burning pain in his eyes, at the same time his mouth got kept shut. Meurtrier wasn't able to see anything, just heard the churlish noises of these Mobsters around him. He'd have to do something, Mariela was in highest danger!
Right after he was thrown in some kind of cored hole and its cover closed immediately. He still had difficulties to open his eyes, but anyways it was pitch dark..
It just took a few seconds, as he heard a startled scream outside.
He'd have to do something.. he must help her! He'd have to get out of here - fast!
Nervously Meurtrier fumbled the wall, hoping to find any indications of escapism...

to be continued..

09-18-2009 06:26 PM