Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@whosells
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: @whosells

I think that I also typed somewhere in one of those many pages why I loath any official price check, price bot, price market, market research, whatever "list of price" things that can possibly exist.

@whosell also got problems if you're currently on a small map, and the search results have a merchant on a bigger map than you. For example, I @whosell elunium and the merchant is on a large map at coordinate 250,360. If the map that you are on has a maximum size of 300,300, the game instantly crashes because it goes "NO SUCH THING AS 360 IN COORDINATE!"

In case if it's not clear enough, again we have researched into @whosell, and if you feel like tackling to modify the @whosell command to do the following:

-remove price mentioning
-remove the "star signal" on minimap
-fix the problem of crashing if target map is bigger than the current map that you are in

Yes we've considered to purely search by item ID and I think we sorta did that with @whosell... but then there's still the 3 most problematic issues listed above. The star signal *never* goes away until relog, and carries across minimap which is very irritating, especially if you do very common items like elunium (then half of your map is shop signal star >_<). Crashing is never a good thing with the map coordinate problem, especially when most shops are in prontera, and prontera is one of the biggest map in the game making crashing all the easier. Taking out price mentioning is a pure economic balance issue, for reasons mentioned in one of the threads linked by Aki by me somewhere.

Contact me, I'll send you the related codes, and go crazy at it. Once you're done, give it back to me and I'll load it on test server (of course, we'll give the proper credits for your work and contribution!)

09-09-2009 01:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rotie365~~ Offline
Hi

So let me get this straight. You can program a complicated event like ToH but you can't figure out @whosells? Really? Alright, well how about I program an @whosells for you.

Hi
09-09-2009 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??@whosells

Rotie365~~ Wrote:So let me get this straight. You can program a complicated event like ToH but you can't figure out @whosells? Really? Alright, well how about I program an @whosells for you.

Go for it. I'll PM you the code after work so expect it tomorrow in PM box.

09-09-2009 02:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rotie365~~ Offline
Hi

k

Hi
09-09-2009 02:06 PM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

Earlier versions of the command(like when I used to play on other servers 1~2 years ago) didn't have all that dumb stuff or bugs. lol
09-09-2009 02:56 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

situation update:

Someone has answered the call to fix up a @whosell that we had found from eathena and has already made a first draft of the code. I'll first test it on my own test server, and if it's ok there, I'll pass it to test server for final testing. After that, it'll be sent to heRO should it prove itself to be useful and fix the mentioned errors.

Note that even if it passed through all the test server's testing, main server still needs to be "recompiled" for the command to take place (which isn't the same as a reboot.) So just cause someone sent a modded script (many thanks to that person and the others who offered!), it doesn't mean it's a matter of a day or two to see it show up.

09-09-2009 11:31 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

aww, and here i was gonna offer my assistance as well, but seeing as an eA dev (i assume it's someone who develops custom content for eA servers regularly) has taken the call, it should be rather well done and according to your specifications.
09-10-2009 12:49 AM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

It seems like implementing this @whosells command would be a lot of work with little to justify it.

Browsing stores in Pront isn't that hard or time-consuming. Just do it instead of relying on some command! :D

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2009 12:43 PM by Naruhodo.)
09-12-2009 12:40 PM
Rotie365~~ Offline
Hi

LOL at the guy above me.

Hi
09-12-2009 12:50 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Rotie, that was totally uncaled for. Don't start flame wars upon someone else's opinion by simply "laughing" about it.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
09-12-2009 04:03 PM