Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overclock. ( A story )
Jayce Elder Offline

Overclock. ( A story )

Hey everyone. While I'm not the best at Ragnarok yet, I'm a pretty decent writer, so I thought I'd try my hand at writing a RO Fan-Fic. (I can't connect to the server now anyway, so I might as well get a start.)

Note: I did some research and talked to my other RO friends to make sure I stay as true to RO as possible, if I make any mistakes in names or anything please bear with me. (:

-----------------------

????????In life, many believe that their events are their own, that those events have only one side to them. In truth, what happens to you in your life, plays out in front of someone else in a new way. So it's no surprise that this first event is entwined with the main event.

????????Ranaiell is our subject, Alberta is the setting, and the fact that the Blacksmiths are holding their annual competition is the reason she is running at speed to the fountain in front of the weapon and armor shop, pushing through the crowd of spectators to get a better view of the event.

?????? It was truly an amazing sight, the smiths were positioned in a line, facing the majority of the crowd, backs to the entrance of the shop. There were seven of them competing, all great blacksmiths from their little corner of the world fighting to gain the respect and the grand prize that came with winning the top prize.

??????The contest was hosted by the local Merchant guild representative, Dominique, who rumor said would gain a lot of profit from the impressive turnout. He picked up his program notes and a nearby priest wearing a merchant guild badge quickly stood up from the barrel he was resting and casted a spell to amplify the man's voice. Without breaking stride, he stood in front of the blacksmiths, all of which ready to begin the contest.

??????"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the twenty-seventh annual blacksmith competition, hosted by the Merchant guild." Dom said, his heightened voice soaring over the crowd of onlookers. As the crowd cheered, Ranaiell our main character strained her neck to get a good look at the smiths competing. They all looked very different, but they shared the same determination to show off their skills and to become one of the greatest. Gripping hammers, adjusting materials, checking anvils, nobody was idling before this moment.

???? "As you all know, any outside help will involve an extremely heavy fine and possible arrest." As Dom continued, a couple of nearby axe-wielding guards straightened up a bit, trying their best to look tougher than each other. Dom looked back to the blacksmiths. "And without further ado, the contest starts as soon as a bell like this is heard." A seemingly far-off bell was rung, and a couple of the blacksmiths flinched a bit, thinking the contest had begun. Dom smiled to himself "Your first weapon is a double-edged pommel saber, enchanted with fire. Also, it has to cut through this block." He said, motioning to a nearby block of what Ranaiell identified as the metal Elunium, an extremely resilient material.

??????The bell rang in the distance and immediately the area was alive with colors and noises. Sparks were flying in all directions and the crowd instinctively took a step back to avoid getting burned. Ranaiell was entranced by the blue flames, the read heat and the silver metal. She envied the blacksmiths' skill and guile. Some of them made it look easy, fluidly hammering the materials in quick precise movements. Others took the weapon in a demon grip, pounding and flailing away like the steel was nothing other than rubber. Either way, the weapons were coming together quickly, the crowd started to point and whisper at the smith on the far end. His weapon was almost ready, the edges coming together now, within a few moments he would... There he goes! He grasped the still-hot weapon with his bare hands and rushed to the grading block. With a deft movement, he raised the weapon in his hand which suddenly caught a brilliant orange flame and brought it down on the metal, cleaving it straight in two.

???? At first, the crowd was silent, even the other smiths stopped hammering away. The smith who apparently won looked up and smiled, pushing a lock of brown hair out of this face. Ranaiell smiled at him and clapped, following suit the rest of the crowd burst into applause and cheering for the young smith, amazed that such a high-quality weapon came together so quickly. He stood up fully, looking at Ranaiell and giving a small bow. She was still smiling a little and her cheeks burned.

???? Dominique did a small jog to his usual spot and raised his hands to quiet the crowd, gesturing to the smith. "I give you the winner! Marek from Prontera!". The crowd burst into applause again and Ranaiell simply looked at him, still smiling. "Now", He continued. "This was only round one, Marek has one out of three. Come back tomorrow for the second trial, I think all these amazing smiths deserve a break? Yeah?". He said, smiling in the way entertainers do when they tell a joke. As such, the crowd laughed in agreement. "Now, you are all welcome to stay at the nearby inn, with appropriate commodities provided by the Merchant guild." He finished, letting the crowd disperse and the smiths to pack up their materials.

????Ranaiell stood at the edge of the area, watching as Marek was loading all his materials into a cart that looked rather small for what he was putting into it. It seemed everyone wanted to talk to him, people were filtering by congratulating him, giving out their information and whatever people did when they met someone who had a shot at winning a great prize.

???? She waited until the crowd died down and went their separate ways before she gathered her courage. Biting her lip, she started to walk to him, just as he was lifting the large anvil into the cart.
09-10-2009 09:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply