Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Player Moderators. Important?
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

New Player Moderators. Important?

Okay, I'll be brief here. This guy's been spamming @main for HOURS now. Now, I'm sure the guy's been reported multiple times by now, so there's no point for me to report him as well. It's been done already. But, where are the player moderators that used to keep our @main clean?

Nowadays, I very rarely see player moderators online, and this is not the first time I see borderline conversations on main, or spammers like this guy. I wanted to write this topic a week or two ago already, but now I felt like it became too important to hold back.

Furthermore, @main is a server-wide chat. Therefore, every single player that do not turn it off see everything that is being said on it. If I was a new player and saw someone spamming and flooding on @main, I'd have my doubts about the moderating, which is not a good way to start off on a server. This might make players leave prematurately(sp?).

I hope this suggestion will be taken seriously. I think it is an important matter.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
09-11-2009 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: New Player Moderators. Important?

Aqualys Wrote:Nowadays, I very rarely see player moderators online,

Probably due to the fact that I think there are only... 3? left
More would be nice, but seeing some of the bull @main has tried to put mods though, with taunting and the such...

Inasad
stop doing dickers
09-11-2009 08:08 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE:??New Player Moderators. Important?

Ellie Wrote:

Probably due to the fact that I think there are only... 3? left
More would be nice, but seeing some of the bull @main has tried to put mods though, with taunting and the such...

They have to put up with people like me D<!

Icon_cry I think I've made dani PM me about 5 times telling me to shut up since I've started playing again.

I also got muted by 3 times in like 5 minutes...yes mutes DO stack.

DOWN WITH MODERATION!

But really, what ellie says is a problem. Moderators need to be given @jail as well IMO. a 5/15/30 minute mute can only do much till the person realizes, "hey all they can do is mute me and I go afk."

Edit: Or the capability to DC people as in..they check in on their muted people making sure they are at the CPU and if they aren't..@kick! I know I would hate to get muted and HAVE to sit there. @jail is an easier option though :D

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 08:20 AM by Sakurato.)
09-11-2009 08:18 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

While @jail would be a nice touch to a mod, people??can still flood main and spam from jail, unless they're muted, which just makes it more of a (oh,I can just go AFK and spam when i come back)

And it still wouldn't help much when we get those??occasional noob flamers that always seem to come around whenever panda goes on vacation or something that just switch characters and do it all over again to the point the GM's we do have??get tired of Jailing/muting/killing the dude over and over and over again to the point we have to be bribed to ignore the dude. B> More GM's with Ban powers
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 08:47 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
09-11-2009 08:44 AM
Nythrazylyn Offline
Wait, what?

When I first joined, I thought "Hey, an active @main, that's a nice touch!".. then after the first day or two my mindset changed to "Now how to I turn this **** off again?".

These days I only open @main to get a PC or ask for something, then again, I rarely get answers so it's turned off 99% of the time Icon_razz That being said, if all the spam were to die I'm sure me, and a few others who I'm sure feel the same way (you're out there, and I know it!) would turn @main back on.

Just my 2 zeny.

[Image: 948f8f.gif]
Nythrazylyn - 93/50 Soul Linker - Severe Tire Damage
09-11-2009 08:46 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Mods have been able to jail for a month now.
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...076&page=3

Inasad
stop doing dickers
09-11-2009 08:49 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Mods can jail, but I don't see much necessity for it.
I've been saying it, and I'll say it again, @main NEEDS to go, it is so heavily moderated, and this sort of stuff could easily be ended by...I dunno pulling the plug on it.

Yes mods deal with abuse, that's not why I resigned, cause I don't care how random idiots get their e-peen off, I knew how to stop it (generally with my own way without muting or breaking rules, I don't believe it should be used too often if you can help it). However most people aren't going to want to mod, and most won't have the skin to deal with it. Its not the same as being a GM, when a moderator, everyone knows who your player character is, there is no annonimty.

And no I won't get into why I fully resigned but I feel for months now that @main was GREAT when we were a smaller server, but at this point I think it is far outliving its usefulness and has degraded mostly to a spot to cause trouble, and players shouldn't be stuck to babysitting it like it has become.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-11-2009 11:30 AM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

Main is still a great place for me to quote insane prices on easily obtainable items while having my requests for parties ignored. It doesn't need to go anywhere.

I agree with the general sentiments Aqualys is expressing, but finding the proper type of people to step up and do the job could be an issue. Scheduling, temperment, and interest are all factors. Fortunately, if main ever gets annoying it can be easily tured off.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
09-11-2009 11:40 AM
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

RE: ??New Player Moderators. Important?

What are you talking about? I'm almost always online Whistle

Sakurato Wrote:(...) a 5/15/30 minute mute can only do much till the person realizes(...)

:arrow:For a matter of explanation. I'ts not 1 then 5 then 15 then 30 minutes...

Warning might come with a 1~5min mute. (mute optional, depends on circumstance)(the whole warning is also optional on some circumstances)
I apply 5~15 minutes for a first mute, depending on the offense.
Second one goes 30~60 minutes depending on the offense as well.
Third, though it didn't happen yet, we are authorised to go furter with the delay, which mean hours of mute.
Still don't got enough? 4th mute I'd perma mute, with the need of a support ticket with apologies to be unmuted.

The Lengendary Joe Wrote:While @jail would be a nice touch to a mod, people??can still flood main and spam from jail, unless they're muted, which just makes it more of a (oh,I can just go AFK and spam when i come back)

Of course you can say "oh it doesn't matter all I have to do is go AFK" even if it's for hours. Try being AFK for 99999 minutes
Icon_twisted

Sakurato Wrote:But really, what ellie says is a problem. Moderators need to be given @jail as well
Same applies to @jailfor as the can go AFK too.

Edited:
:arrow:There is a record of all the reports done. If we realise the same player cause trouble over and over, GMs will take proper actions.

Edited 2 :
Aaronock Wrote:I've been saying it, and I'll say it again, @main NEEDS to go,
I've been saying it, and I'll say it again, @main is the reason they need moderators.Laugh

Edited 3 :
Yeah Aqualys. I agree there's a need for the replacement of the ex-moderators JJJ and Aaronock.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 04:11 PM by Pistis_Sophia.)
09-11-2009 03:57 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:????New Player Moderators. Important?

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:What are you talking about? I'm almost always online Whistle
Really? I've been here for almost one year now, and I've NEVER seen you online until you starting getting on about 2 months ago, and I didn't even know you at all from any time prior to that, either.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
09-11-2009 05:04 PM