Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Server info before joining~
Ashass Offline

Server info before joining~

I was looking over heRO and was considering joining, but I had a couple questions first:

1) Are BG gears available on this server? If so, are they usable anywhere or restricted to BG? Brave/Valor/KvM, or restrictions here as well?

2) Do you need to do job quests / dungeon entrance quests, or are they available by default?

3) //found out myself//

4) Policy on afk (or semi afk) alchemists

5) Dual clienting allowed?

6) How are the woes here, roughly how many participate?

7) How is the economy? Is it relatively easy to get basic gear on this server?

8) How party oriented is this server? Does it take forever to get a leveling / hunting party?

9) Who are the main guilds?

I suppose that about does it for now, maybe update more later lol
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2009 07:15 PM by Ashass.)
09-18-2009 06:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: Server info before joining~

1 - No battlegrounds.

2 - Need to do job quests/dungeon entrance quests. Warps need to be unlocked (costs varying amounts of zeny) to be used.

4 - Counts as botting.

5 - No dual clienting.

8 - Depends on the guild you are in for the most part. You get the occasional abbey03 party, but anywhere else will depend on how active your guild is.

9 - Behemoth, Nocturnal Echo, Severe Tire Damage and Revenga (see the recruit section for more info)

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
09-18-2009 07:43 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

6) seems to be quite OK. Some say not enough action, but i hear up to 300 ppl are usually online @woe times, so substract AFKers, AT merchs, etc i would say 150 ppl is a prudent number

7) it's easy to get basic gear, pantie-undershirts are aplenty and "optimum" 4-slotted lv 1 weaps are ~100k ea except for the odd comp bow[4] (but taking into account how hard it is to actually farm them and the number of ppl making hunters due to how hax they are, it's not really that odd for it to cost ~500k imho)
forgers are aplenty and price for VVS weapons seem to be stable @ around 300-500k

*might seem expensive to you, but a certain custom quest that generates demand for "useless" or "marginally useful" or "oversupplied" cards gives them a value of ~400k and with poring cards dropping @0.15%, it should really help newbies get a starting foothold in HeRO....

-w-
09-18-2009 11:26 PM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

2. Adding to Nidsrule's reply : You unlock the location by talking to the SavePoint NPC in each town (except Einbech) and dungeon (except Louyang/Ayothaya Dungeons). Unlocking these locations can cost from anywhere between 0 to 250k zeny. You can then teleport to these locations at will : 200z for towns, 500z for dungeons. It's per character, not per account, so you have to do it again for different characters.

8. There's constantly Cursed Abbey 3F (Nameless Island) parties. Other than that, it's a bit harder to find parties but there's the occasional Abyss Dungeon, Thanatos Tower, Odin Temple or Thor's Volcano party too. Other than that, nothing's preventing you from partying to odd places with friends, of course.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
09-19-2009 01:35 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Adding to #4:

Even the failure to reply to a bot/afkemist test, regardless of reason such as only afk for a few minutes due to washroom, just alt-tabbed, can't speak English or whatever... that will lead you to be considered as botting which results in ban. Usually GMs are quite clear in test, doing multiple types, using local broadcasts, or asking you to do simple actions (such as standing up, sitting down, move north, do a reply, answer "what color is this hat that I am wearing" and etc)

For population, we just rebooted server for quick maintenance so population is a bit lower again cause all the merchants are gone plus it's a Friday night. Tomorrow morning is ToH event, which usually is the time when population record reach its highest. ToH time, we usually have 380+ and recent months starting to see 400s. Subtracting the 120~ ish shops, we have bit more than 250 actual players then (since there's no dual client)?

09-19-2009 01:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

Summer's over, so we don't really reach 400 anymore, but ~350 is still good.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
09-19-2009 05:35 AM